Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
tufbuf
Disney Addict!
 
tufbuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 986

How did they say the early booking will be done? It's not like we can book it online, we still have to call ABD and most likely they'll say to wait one more day.
__________________



ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
kjd469
Addicted to WDW
 
kjd469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 618

Once again, ABD is choosing to eliminate anyone but U.S. residents from this program. This is completely ridiculous and unfair. I qualify for loyalty programs from every other company I deal with, and ABD always says "must be a resident of the 50 United States" - couldn't take part in the webcast, can't join the Adventure Insiders, but they'll gladly take my money for one of their trips. And when asked for an explanation, they can't give one - just keep repeating that it's only available to U.S. residents.

Not happy with ABD right now
__________________
ABD Backstage Magic August 2012
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities - 2nd time! June 2012
ABD Italy/Swiss Alps July 2011
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,286
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdalums View Post
Now I'm jealous. No VP wants to talk to me. I am wondering if Disney is reaching out to people who were loyal for years (in our case four) and then didn't book this year.
I have found they reach out to folks who haven't booked recently. I put off booking this year because I was waiting for the details on the DIS trip, and they sent me a "VIP" package (didn't really contain much).

But you can sign yourself up for this "Insider" program. Perhaps your travel agent did that for you?

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,286
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdalums View Post
The package was delivered by UPS. It included a book of Greek Myths, a CD of Greek folk songs and greek recipes. The enclosed letter also said that we would receive free door-to-door transfer service to and from the airport. I thought that was previously included.
This perk is from *your home* to your *departure airport* and back transfer service. To my knowledge, ABD has never offered that before.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #20
tufbuf
Disney Addict!
 
tufbuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
This perk is from *your home* to your *departure airport* and back transfer service. To my knowledge, ABD has never offered that before.

Sayhello
And I am wondering if there is a limit to the distance from home to airport. We usually drive 200+ miles away to fly international since the airfare is much better than flying from our local airport.
__________________



ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,286
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
And I am wondering if there is a limit to the distance from home to airport. We usually drive 200+ miles away to fly international since the airfare is much better than flying from our local airport.
That is definitely one of the as-yet unanswered questions. My guess is there will be a limit, but what it will be is anyone's guess!

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,861
DISboards Moderator

Hi Folks,

I have heard from ABD and they have asked me to share some information.

You must go to www.AdventureInsiders.com and register.

If you received something from ABD and did not register, maybe someone registered for you.

ABD suggests that they will ship during the coming weeks. If you do not hear from them by September 15th, you should contact them or your agent.

A while back, there was a discussion on this board about whether ABD wanted feedback or not. I suggested at that time that ABD wanted your feed back, but there may be legal reasons that they were not able to contact certain guests.

If you will notice, when you register, you are being asked to "opt in" to receive communication from ABD / Disney. This will cover those legal issues.

I have also voiced the annoyance of guests outside of the US and the fact that they can not register for this promotion. I am told that this is being addressed.

Dreams Unlimited Travel will be ready to book return guests on August 29th. We will be running some great promotions, including an early booking discount.

If you have questions or would like to take advantage of these promotions, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimited Travel.com.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,650

If you have to register to receive the package from ABD then why the heck didn't they send something to past guest telling them how to register? That is just plain stupid.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #24
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,861
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
If you have to register to receive the package from ABD then why the heck didn't they send something to past guest telling them how to register? That is just plain stupid.
ABD doesnt necessarily have every guests information.

Many travel agents have a guest's information sent to their office and then provide the information and such directly to their clients.

There are also legalities involved and Disney legal might not allow this kind of direct mail.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #25
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
ABD doesnt necessarily have every guests information.

Many travel agents have a guest's information sent to their office and then provide the information and such directly to their clients.

There are also legalities involved and Disney legal might not allow this kind of direct mail.
ABD has my email address and all sorts of other personal information about me from the 3 past trips I've taken with them. I opted in for communication from them. They send me surveys. They send me marketing materials. They couldn't send me an email telling me how to sign sign up for Adventure Insider? I'm not saying they should out of the blue have a package delivered to my house. I'm just saying that if they have a past guest program in place they should tell me how I can sign up for it.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #26
*WDW*Groupie*
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TO Canada & Boca Raton FL
Posts: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Hi Folks,


Dreams Unlimited Travel will be ready to book return guests on August 29th. We will be running some great promotions, including an early booking discount.

If you have questions or would like to take advantage of these promotions, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimited Travel.com.
Just a quick question......how many trips are needed to book a day early? Also, will they count the ABD cruise add-on? I hope so!
__________________

*WDW*Groupie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #27
Momof3greatkids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 168

Why do you have to sign up??

I don't understand the need to sign up either. I have been on 2 ABD's, and am considering a 3rd. So, I guess, I just assumed that I would qualify for whatever programs they where introducing. Disney always amazes me with their wonderful guides and tours, but then they have such a lack of customer service when it comes to customer loyalty programs, and EBD's. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Momof3greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
emilymad
DIS Veteran
 
emilymad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Hi Folks,

I have heard from ABD and they have asked me to share some information.

You must go to www.AdventureInsiders.com and register.

If you received something from ABD and did not register, maybe someone registered for you.

ABD suggests that they will ship during the coming weeks. If you do not hear from them by September 15th, you should contact them or your agent.

A while back, there was a discussion on this board about whether ABD wanted feedback or not. I suggested at that time that ABD wanted your feed back, but there may be legal reasons that they were not able to contact certain guests.

If you will notice, when you register, you are being asked to "opt in" to receive communication from ABD / Disney. This will cover those legal issues.

I have also voiced the annoyance of guests outside of the US and the fact that they can not register for this promotion. I am told that this is being addressed.

Dreams Unlimited Travel will be ready to book return guests on August 29th. We will be running some great promotions, including an early booking discount.

If you have questions or would like to take advantage of these promotions, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimited Travel.com.
Kevin-how long will the early booking discount be running? Maybe you can't say that yet but I was just wondering as we are going on vacation soon so I am trying to plan. Thanks!
__________________
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
Momof3greatkids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 168

Why do you have to sign up??

I don't understand the need to sign up either. I have been on 2 ABD's, and am considering a 3rd. So, I guess, I just assumed that I would qualify for whatever programs they where introducing. Disney always amazes me with their wonderful guides and tours, but then their lack of customer service when it comes to customer loyalty programs, and EBD's. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Momof3greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #30
jlou
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152

I received the package today, and I have only been on one ABD trip, in 2008.

Regarding the free door-to-door service, the fine print says (among other things) it is available to Adventure Insiders program members who have been on at least 2 trips when booking a non-discounted regular rate. It also says that the transportation will be "to the nearest major airport and back". So, it sounds like small regional airports (which don't tend to have the best fares) don't count (since I wouldn't count them as "major airports").

Unfortunately, we don't qualify for this perk, as we've only booked one ABD so far.
jlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.