Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #961
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne
They have really kept the taping secret and I am enjoying it. I do think that one of the mystery people coming back is someone evil.

I'd love to see Blackie at the nurses ball.
Wow, things are moving fast and I love it! Actually had chills at the end of today's episode!
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #962
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy
 
Mary Anne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,584

Did anyone else read that the ratings have gone through the roof and that TV guide is giving credit to the vets returning? So nice for them.

Yes, I know some of the storylines are a little campy but GH has been the best to me in years this past month. I know some fan bases aren't too happy with regulars that have been front and center for years that are now taking a back seat but it's been a welcome retreat for those of us who have lived with the Sonny only show for years. Yes there is a place for him but not every storyline, everytime. I like the balanced mix we are seeing now.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #963
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy
 
auntie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
Did anyone else read that the ratings have gone through the roof and that TV guide is giving credit to the vets returning? So nice for them.

Yes, I know some of the storylines are a little campy but GH has been the best to me in years this past month. I know some fan bases aren't too happy with regulars that have been front and center for years that are now taking a back seat but it's been a welcome retreat for those of us who have lived with the Sonny only show for years. Yes there is a place for him but not every storyline, everytime. I like the balanced mix we are seeing now.


Totally agree!
__________________
~ Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?~ Clarence Oddbody
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #964
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...
 
lilmrsellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WV girl, born and bred!
Posts: 494

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out how Liz knew who Faison was?

Also, does anyone else think the Nurses Ball will be underwritten by Edward's estate?

Speaking of NB, I'm thrilled that Lynn Herring is back, but I really hope someone new gets the pleasure of ending up in their underwear. :D
__________________
True love conquers all!
lilmrsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #965
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmrsellis
Am I the only one who couldn't figure out how Liz knew who Faison was?
Well, he is the one who took Lucky and made everyone think he was dead back in the day so even if she didn't meet him, I'm sure she would know who he was.



Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
__________________
Me (40) DH (38)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR


8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #966
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!
 
snowy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 3,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Well, he is the one who took Lucky and made everyone think he was dead back in the day so even if she didn't meet him, I'm sure she would know who he was.



Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
I thought that was a really nice way of tying some GH history into the storyline. Also enjoyed watching Lulu brainstorm with Robert. If Helena is tied to this (as she was to Lucky's disappearance way back when) I wonder if Ethan is going to factor into the storyline somehow - or Holly?

Now if they'd only bring Sean and Tiffany Donely back... they did for Night Shift!
__________________
DH Me DS20 DD18 DS8

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #967
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...
 
lilmrsellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WV girl, born and bred!
Posts: 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2

Well, he is the one who took Lucky and made everyone think he was dead back in the day so even if she didn't meet him, I'm sure she would know who he was.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
I didn't watch in HS or college. I'm sure that's when it must have been.
__________________
True love conquers all!
lilmrsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #968
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,619

can anyone give a brief synopsis of who faison is and what he did. I did check the site that explains each character, but it didn't sya much (like anything about him abducting Lucky, or anything about him loving anna, or how he came to pt. charles in the first place.

thanks!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #969
Pikester
DIS Veteran
 
Pikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,433

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
can anyone give a brief synopsis of who faison is and what he did. I did check the site that explains each character, but it didn't sya much (like anything about him abducting Lucky, or anything about him loving anna, or how he came to pt. charles in the first place.

thanks!

Here are two that I found that have some interesting info.

http://generalhospital.about.com/od/...esarFaison.htm

http://general-hospital.wikia.com/wi...n_(Anders_Hove)
__________________
DH Me DS16DS12


Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #970
Lita
Mouseketeer
 
Lita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458

You can also watch some old clips on You Tube.
__________________



DL - numerous times as I grew up in CA
WDW - CBR 97, Poly May 2013
DCL - Dream April 2014
DCL - Fantasy August Eastern Caribbean 2015

Me 40 DH 48, DD7, DD5
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #971
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,619

thank you so much!! that first link was incredibly helpful.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #972
mafibisha
DIS Veteran
 
mafibisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmrsellis View Post

Speaking of NB, I'm thrilled that Lynn Herring is back, but I really hope someone new gets the pleasure of ending up in their underwear. :D

I've missed the last several days, so how did Lynn Herring come back?

(I am watching today though, and wow .... great to see old faces but also )

ETA again: OMG!!!!!!!wah wah wah boo hoo hoo, get the kleenex, VERY touching episode. WELL DONE, GH.
__________________
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!

Last edited by mafibisha; 11-21-2012 at 02:00 PM.
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #973
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Where life is perfect
Posts: 1,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post
I've missed the last several days, so how did Lynn Herring come back?

(I am watching today though, and wow .... great to see old faces but also )

ETA again: OMG!!!!!!!wah wah wah boo hoo hoo, get the kleenex, VERY touching episode. WELL DONE, GH.
Unless it was very brief I haven't seen her on the show yet.

And your right about the show today. Wonderfully done.

If anyone has Soapnet tape it tomorrow. Its a full day of Quartermaine Thanksgiving shows.
__________________
me dh ds1 ds2 ds3 ds4

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #974
wickey's friend
I can get older but who says I have to grow up . . .
Tittered at the Twitter comments
Co-workers think I'm nuts anyway
 
wickey's friend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,753

Very touching -- tears streaming down my face. I don't see how some of the older actors kept it together.
__________________
Kimmar is the Queen!!!!
wickey's friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #975
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy
 
Mary Anne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickey's friend View Post
Very touching -- tears streaming down my face. I don't see how some of the older actors kept it together.

I agree, different type of memorial show but so well done. If anyone hasn't seen today's show yet be sure to have tissues.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: