Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #796
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

I LOVE Elizabeth and thinks she gets a bad rap, so I'm gonna be ticked if she does some DNA switch on the baby. PS, I haven't watched today's yet to see if that happens. As another side note, my brother is a forensic chemist and even the most rushed DNA test takes weeks.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #797
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmrsellis View Post
I LOVE Elizabeth and thinks she gets a bad rap, so I'm gonna be ticked if she does some DNA switch on the baby. PS, I haven't watched today's yet to see if that happens. As another side note, my brother is a forensic chemist and even the most rushed DNA test takes weeks.
I don't like Elizabeth's character..but I HATE to see yet ANOTHER switched DNA test. It really is OLD already. How many times are they gonna swtich DNA in the GH lab.. Why the heck anyone would have a test done at that hospital is beyond me, lol
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #798
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I don't like Elizabeth's character..but I HATE to see yet ANOTHER switched DNA test. It really is OLD already. How many times are they gonna swtich DNA in the GH lab.. Why the heck anyone would have a test done at that hospital is beyond me, lol
GH must use the same lab as the hospital in Llanview!!
I agree, some storylines are just over done.

the best babyswitching storyline, though was the crossover one... between AMC and OLTL. Kelly (from OLTL) wanted a baby to keep Kevin and her brother Paul happened to know Babe (from AMC). baba and bianca were in an abandoned cabin during a thunderstorm.. (SO MANY abandoned cabins in sopa operas) BOTH gave birth! Paul took Babe's baby boy to give to his sister Kelly in Llanview. but then babe woke up and wanted her baby and Paul was afraid of JR and Adam Chandler, so he gave Bianca's baby girl to Babe, and tole Bianca her baby died.

hmm, don't remember how he got a dead baby girl, tho. maybe kelly had a baby girl that died? yeah, that's it. but kevin didn't know yet if it was a girl or boy, so it was ok to give kelly a boy, and Paul didn't like babe. but then he got scared and took biancas baby and gave it to babe and gave bianca kelly's dead baby girl.. who she named Miranda.. and bees named the real Miranda Bess. and it was a couple years before it was discovered the babe's baby was in Llanview and bess was really Miranda.
babe's mom crustal found out about the switch, but didn't know there was a baby boy.. just thought that babe's baby "girl" died and didn't want to break her daughter's heart.

so it was back and forth between soaps for a while..

um.. did I put everyone to sleep yet?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #799
tinabheart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post
Anyone? Still missing it this week....
nothing new has happened...
tinabheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #800
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Is it wrong that I secretly love Connie wants to ruin Sonny's wedding? I'm sick of him and his "one true love" of the moment. Is it Connie? Is it Brenda? Oh, wait, maybe it was Carly -- he did marry her 4 times...

And can I just say I am giddy at the idea of Sean Kanan romancing Elizabeth? That poor girl needs her own man. I am sick and tired of the way she has been written. I have always been in her corner, and find something to like even when she's wrong. But considering her own paternity issue, issues (Aiden, anyone?!), this is not credible.

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #801
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

I'm FURIOUS over her switching the DNA samples!! My husband was laughing at me over my fit. Lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #802
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
I'm FURIOUS over her switching the DNA samples!! My husband was laughing at me over my fit. Lol.
Agreed. It's ridiculous that she would do that since she knows what it's like to lose a child. Anyone besides me think she is just jealous that Jason would be returning a LIVE child to Sam and Liz and Jason's child is dead? They can't possibly leave Liz and Jason like this after so many years It's infuriating how they write for this poor girl. I love Becky Herbst and wish she would've rode off into the sunset with Jason - maybe then we would have had a few months of happiness for them instead of 30 seconds.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #803
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Do we know that Liz switched them? I don't remember seeing anything that made it clear she did it, but maybe I missed something. Or could it be because he was having it tested against Sam/Franco as opposed to Sam/Jason DNA. I have no idea if that makes a difference, but I was hoping maybe that was the problem with the test and not that Liz had tampered with it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #804
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
Do we know that Liz switched them? I don't remember seeing anything that made it clear she did it, but maybe I missed something. Or could it be because he was having it tested against Sam/Franco as opposed to Sam/Jason DNA. I have no idea if that makes a difference, but I was hoping maybe that was the problem with the test and not that Liz had tampered with it.
Ahh, but didn't you see the guilty look on her face? I guess if they want to have a twist...maybe John McBain decided he didn't want to hurt his good friend, Tea, so he turned in different DNA....

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #805
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Ahh, but didn't you see the guilty look on her face? I guess if they want to have a twist...maybe John McBain decided he didn't want to hurt his good friend, Tea, so he turned in different DNA....
I don't know, I don't think John would do that. He did seem torn about the whole thing, but I think he would want Sam to get her baby back if its hers because I think he somehow feels a little responsible for what happened anyway.

Elizabeth did look a little guilty, but I thought maybe it was because she knew she was delivering bad news or something. But she was insistant on helping him with this, and she is chasing him hard so maybe she did switch it.

I just wish they would wrap this storyline up.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #806
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do DNA Collections & we get results back in less than a week & can get them the day the lab recieves them(extra fee).

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #807
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Today was Steve Burton's last day of taping
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #808
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
Today was Steve Burton's last day of taping
I hate to see him go. I kept hoping he would end up staying. I can't imagine port charles without him. I mean what is Carly going to do without him? I just love their twisted relationship.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #809
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae

I do DNA Collections & we get results back in less than a week & can get them the day the lab recieves them(extra fee).

Kae
I guess maybe it just depends on what is being done. Still, TV always makes it look like its nearly instantaneous, not that tv ever gets any jobs right, lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #810
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess maybe it just depends on what is being done. Still, TV always makes it look like its nearly instantaneous, not that tv ever gets any jobs right, lol.
Boy, you got that right!! I used to work at NCIS, and let me tell you, it's not nearly as glamourous as show!! Though I wouldn't have minded working with Mark Harmon!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: