Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #676
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297

You aren't a horrible parent. I started watching when I was in third grade. I had to ride the bus to my grandmothers house after school. Well my great grandma lived there too and was a huge GH fan. So, if I wanted to watch tv at that time, I had to watch GH. Well, I have been hooked ever since.
I started watching As the World Turns at about 4. My aunt would watch me and that was her show. I watched it all the way through till it went off the air and I'm now 37.

You are just molding her

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #677
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

My fondest childhood memories are of watching the stories with my grandmother and the grandmother of my kindergarten friend. I can remember watching the Secret Storm when it was 15 minutes along with The Edge of Night. Now people may think of JR Ewing or Sgt Nelson when they see Larry Hagman but to me he'll always be Ed Gibson.

A bad mother. No way! I'd rather have kids watching a good soap and then talking with their parents and learning something then playing video games all day. Sigh, I tried but boys are just not into them as much as girls.
Although my son did say, he made a lot of friends with the girls on campus as he know what was going on with the soaps LOL
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #678
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
My fondest childhood memories are of watching the stories with my grandmother and the grandmother of my kindergarten friend. I can remember watching the Secret Storm when it was 15 minutes along with The Edge of Night. Now people may think of JR Ewing or Sgt Nelson when they see Larry Hagman but to me he'll always be Ed Gibson.

A bad mother. No way! I'd rather have kids watching a good soap and then talking with their parents and learning something then playing video games all day. Sigh, I tried but boys are just not into them as much as girls.
Although my son did say, he made a lot of friends with the girls on campus as he know what was going on with the soaps LOL
My DH gets all nuts when my DS5 randomly hums the GH theme song!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #679
hereyago
DIS Veteran

I am 44 and didn't get into watching GH until high school, been watching ever since. BUT I REMEBER Wtching Young and Restless and Search for tomorrow, lol.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #680
DisneyLover1217
Mouseketeer

I'm also confused why Duke would want to kidnap Robin. I don't remember him and Anna parting on bad terms. He was always a good guy so this makes no sense. The only thing I can think of he kidnapped Robin so she wouldn't be poisoned, thereby saving her, but again, why would he want to poison everyone. Makes no sense.
DisneyLover1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #681
Mary Anne

I think the Duke piece is very misleading. I think there is a lot more to this story then we were led to believe by that little snippet. Let's face it, if the answer was that simple that he was behind it we would not see him up front in the "story line" he would be the punch line. At least that is my theory.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #682
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

I think the Robin kidnapping story line was originally headed in a completely different direction and the explaination we ultimately get may not make much sense, but if it means we get a true to charecter Duke, back, I can go with almost anything.

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #683
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

I just hope they writers don't fool with GH history, like the way they did with Rick Webber. Any long time viewer knew he was the practically the Patron Saint of Port Chalres (except for his affair with Monica of course..lol!) Yet when they brought him back for the Laura storyline they re-wrote GH history making him a murderer. That was just plain stupid.
Don't want to see that mistake with Duke. There is no reason he would want to hurt Anna or Robin. Duke was a good guy..and I for one don't want to see him written any other way. I would LOVE to see a Duke and Anna reunion though. I really am not liking Luke and "Slim". It just doesn't work for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #684
Mary Anne

Luke and Slim are a nice affair but not the real thing. Laura needs to either come back or Luke needs to ride off into the sunset to find her. I am liking Tracey and Joe -- who knew!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #685
mamajoan
gotta hobble ....silly goose!....
Is enjoying this Grandma gig!
gramma says.."no to ho's!

I like Joe too! maybe it is just the actor.. but my goodness he has a very good screen presence. I never thought I would like Tracey with anybody but Luke.. but Joe brings out some of the old Tracey.. we remember from way back when.. know what I mean?
also I do not think that Joe raped Connie.. really, maybe I just do not Want him to have raped Connie. anybody else?

Luke and Anna..
The actors work well together.. but I just do not see it long term for the characters.. heck, to me it was more of two friends comforting one another...

Glad to see Nancy Lee Grahn with a more active roll. Hope it continues!
mamajoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #686
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Previews for the week of 03-Sep-2012
by Carol Banks Weber

**Labor Day Monday: watch a July 23rd rerun, featuring Anna coming to Luke’s rescue in the garden shed.

Jason battles Ewen to save Elizabeth. In the bargain, Jason is hurt and Ewen’s probably toast.
Elizabeth rushes to Jason’s side to nurse him, just like old times. Take a picture, it’ll last longer, but this won’t last.
Steve tells Kate about Ewen’s kidnapping Elizabeth. It all falls into place for Ewen’s former patient, as she connects the dots.

Jason spreads himself around to the ladies in his life. Next up, some alone time with Sam. :sick2:
Sam succumbs to the poisoned water, like everyone else does (except for Tracy, Alexis, and Josslyn).
Sam and Jason fantasize about their life together, had they not broken up over Franco.
Jason pores over Sam’s medical records in an effort to determine if her baby’s death could’ve been averted.

Patrick and Elizabeth try to brainstorm Ewen’s mysterious hints involving Robin.
Get ready. Kirsten Storms is back as Maxie this week. She’ll be called on to assist Patrick in deciphering the hieroglyphics of Robin’s research notes. These notes could be the ticket to them assembling an antidote, to spite Jerry.
Patrick pauses before going over the threshold of the recently restored laboratory, the same one that Robin died in. Can he do this?
Patrick and Maxie take a break to really be in the present as family and survivors of their beloved Robin’s passing. Maxie steps up for Patrick, redeeming her previous guilt.

No big surprise. Jerry asks for all the money in the world, before handing over his antidote.

Todd convenes a meeting at the Quartermaine mansion, with every bigwig in town, to build a stockpile of money for Jerry.
Todd bullies the top one percent of the town to fork up the dough, if they are to survive. This could be the worst thing he does.
John McBain disapproves of Todd going rogue.
Todd and Johnny go back and forth, yet again, taunting and daring each other to spill. But this time, Kate might be the worst person to overhear them talk about the secrets they have been holding for ransom.

Dante refers to Sonny for the full story.
Sonny and Carly sneak in some time together before they face a probable end.
Sonny gets ready to pass onto Kate what Joe Jr. dropped about her son surviving.

Tracy finds herself remarkably untouched by the poisoned water.
Tracy visits GH to offer her untainted blood to the staff. Maybe she can become the remedy for the sickened town.

Jax sneaks Jerry out of jail, figuring there’s still a decent part of the terrorist and all this can be undone. Nope.
Jerry drops a bombshell on Jax about the story behind Ewen and their late father John. Ewen was the one who caused John’s death, on purpose. Jax’s jaw drops.
When the townsfolk come bearing enough loot for Jerry, they can’t seem to locate the terrorist anywhere.
Maybe Jerry is lurking in the shadows, watching Alexis and Shawn fall for each other. Not good.

Elizabeth begins to see Jason in that way again. Uh oh.
Jason may reunite with Sam before they both croak, if he latches onto the truth about their baby.
OLTL’s Téa must grapple with the truth that just dropped in her lap: her baby really is dead and this cute infant belongs to Sam. The whole dreadful tale comes crashing down on her, including the role Todd and Heather played.

Duke orchestrated all this, perhaps, for the greater good of the only woman he’s ever loved and still loves: Anna. Look deeper. Duke’s not the puppeteer.

Facing sure death, Molly wants desperately to feel like a woman by coming together with TJ for their first time.

Next week: GH airs one hour earlier, 2 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST, starting this week… Faced with dying from poisoned waters, Johnny prepares to unburden his soul entirely to Carly… Sonny and Jax want to kill Todd when it turns out that the media mogul jeopardized everything… Jason races against a deadline (literally) to figure out their baby’s mystery… Jerry isn’t quite done with Port Charles quite yet; he comes up with another scheme, absconding with Alexis is part of that… John McBain finds himself between a rock and a hard place when it comes to lives… Olivia foretells of another truth to come… Duck! A gun goes off. Who doesn’t make it?

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #687
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

News for the week of 03-Sep-2012
by Carol Banks Weber

Executive producer Frank Valentini revealed that the Duke Lavery who died many years ago was a fraud. The real Duke surfaced last week at the Swiss asylum, minutes after Anna went off with Luke. Bringing Ian Buchanan on right after he left DOOL – a shocker to cast mates from the NBC soap too – as Ian McAllister was totally head writer Ron Carlivati’s get. –TV Guide, Michael Logan interview, August 27, 2012

Florencia Lozano (Téa, OLTL) returns to GH, starting September 7, but it won’t be a happy ending for her.

Gossip for the week of 03-Sep-2012
by Carol Banks Weber

**Despite everyone acting coy, look for Steve Burton (Jason) to do less resting and retiring, and more acting, especially when he crosses over to Y&R, where his friend, executive producer Jill Farren Phelps, resides.

Judging by RavenBeauty’s August 24th update, some disenchanted cast members may move on over to another soap, “with a very familiar face at the helm. Not everyone is joyous with what has happened to their characters, and it shows. Look for a few baseball-like tradeoffs coming soon (you win some...you lose some as they say).”

RavenBeauty brought up a certain “librarian” returning in her August 24th update. Actually, she brought this up six months ago. Now, she’s also reporting that “a major villain who I have personally adored for years would be behind all of what you are seeing now and that's all coming together my friends. You know what they say in Port Charles, One villain is never enough.”

Raven also reported that Heather knows even more than she’s let on so far. Sounds like more returns from the dead and some hocus pocus to keep viewers on their toes. “You won't see this one coming. You will be looking through door (A) when it's door (B) you should be focusing on. Heather hasn't revealed everything just yet. Another has an even darker secret that will affect many lives leading to one major exit. This exit will not be pleasant for certain fan bases out there, but you need only turn the channel and all will not be lost.” She mentioned the returns of a “much beloved Quartermaine” and what sounds like Laura, too. Plus, the frontman of this disastrous water poisoning episode has a boss or bosses, “someone far more insidious and dangerous,” and an “old face becomes new again, and a wedding may be on the horizon for one very surprising couple.”

Antonio Sabato Jr. tweeted to head writer Ron Carlivati last week Wednesday that he was willing to make a return for the fans, even if he doesn’t get paid a dime for it: “@carlivatiron Do it 4 the fans bring JAGGER back & will lets take it where it should be Give me 2 weeks I'll even do it 4 FREE #fansfirst”

RavenBeauty mentioned a female character will lose out in love soon. This is supported by what SoapTown USA-Dirty Laundry’s Trixie posted in her private Steamroom August 31st. Trixie named Elizabeth as the one “left in the cold. Will she find ♥ in the arms of another man?... a new cop” ready to slam the book on Jason for Franco’s murder? Something Trixie wrote in “Who really took the photo of McBam kissing?” makes me connect the dots to Raven’s update about an “old face becomes new.” Maybe that’s not really Heather but another character, or maybe her boss/co-conspirator/relation (OLTL’s Allison Perkins?) snapped the photo? Allison is linked again to Heather, and more importantly, OLTL’s Victor and Robin. Trixie also pointed to Faison as the “mastermind” of all this, not Duke, there’s a good reason Robin wants to stay put as a captive, and there’s also a very good reason related to the Dead Man’s Hand for Sam and John McBain sharing an intense bond. Shawn maybe did work for Jerry in the past, as well. The on-location shoot will involve Alexis going along with Jerry, “but the people of PC think she was kidnapped,” as Sonny, Jax, and Shawn try to save her. She might end up trying to save Shawn by blowing Jerry to kingdom come. Plus: “Kate starts to remember more of her conversation as Connie with Johnny... What if Trey has another secret?”

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #688
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

I'm going to post this in white as it contains some spoiling but is my thoughts (only a few of you might agree)...**So now that Elizabeth is starting to have feelings for Jason again (and really, did she ever not have feelings for him) and we see on air that she does love him, with him going off the show, instead of them being able to finally be together, they are going to put Jason and Sam back for a bit? How many times do we have to see this flip flop? I just might be done. Jason and Liz have had so many years of a connection but the fans never get the satisfaction of them being together** Off soapbox.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #689
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
I'm going to post this in white as it contains some spoiling but is my thoughts (only a few of you might agree)...**So now that Elizabeth is starting to have feelings for Jason again (and really, did she ever not have feelings for him) and we see on air that she does love him, with him going off the show, instead of them being able to finally be together, they are going to put Jason and Sam back for a bit? How many times do we have to see this flip flop? I just might be done. Jason and Liz have had so many years of a connection but the fans never get the satisfaction of them being together** Off soapbox.
I'm with you! We always get the start but not a finish. I know in soaps that nothing is forever but an out there relationship has never happened for them.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #690
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajoan View Post
I like Joe too! maybe it is just the actor.. but my goodness he has a very good screen presence. I never thought I would like Tracey with anybody but Luke.. but Joe brings out some of the old Tracey.. we remember from way back when.. know what I mean?
also I do not think that Joe raped Connie.. really, maybe I just do not Want him to have raped Connie. anybody else?

Luke and Anna..
The actors work well together.. but I just do not see it long term for the characters.. heck, to me it was more of two friends comforting one another...

Glad to see Nancy Lee Grahn with a more active roll. Hope it continues!
I'm thinking it will be revealed that "connie" came on to Joe. but it's not like the soaps haven't convinced us to like rapists in the past: Luke, Todd.

speaking of todd.. OMG!!!!! I don't know if it's the same writers from OLTL, but they sure are writing FOR his character.. or mayber Roger is adding input.. but he Sure does deliver the lines well!

"it'll be like It's a Wonderful Life .. starring joe pesci." I almost spit out my tea! and asking sonny if he knows where hoffa is buried, and sonny whispering "I'll tell you later" that is just knee cracking!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: