Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #466
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Today's ep = STU. PID.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #467
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Today's ep = STU. PID.

Did I just see this?... Sam is in a dry hotel room with her baby. She then decides to go outside and start walking around in the woods? WTH? I didn't realize her hotel was in the middle of no where?.
All the lights are on as she walks down the hall. Of course just missing seeing Jason. She didn't run into anyone else while walking through the hotel,(and then winding up in the woods). SERIOUSLY?....I know it's a soap, but this is just utterly STUPID!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #468
mamajoan
gotta hobble ....silly goose!....
Is enjoying this Grandma gig!
gramma says.."no to ho's!

I was with the whole new GH world changes.. until the "it is Port Charles, it is storming.... therefore SoMEone, ANYONE, will have a baby tonight" ( look at gh history.. as soon as there is a terrible storm somebody has a baby)

While it is a soapy twist.. it is an overdone debacle. HOWEVER... a deal between Heather and Todd... truly has 666 written allllll over it

How can anyone not love Todd... when portrayed by Roger Howarth? He is a villian, with a huge heart and soul. You can see it so clearly at times. He history is full of treachery... but this is a deeply damaged human being who has a concious... but just does not know what to do with it.
Also.. he is seriously FUNNY!! Howarth's comedic timing is terrific!

GH.. you done good.. keep Todd.

As for Weekend at Anthony's.... this could only be pulled off by Tracy, Luke, Heather and Anthony. GH has written a farce.... and it is really over the top silly. and should be taken as such.
The scene when Heather pushes a smile onto Anthony's rigamortis set face.. and Bruce Weitz holds that silly grin flawlessly scene after scene... Had even my husband ROTFL!! It is over the top silly... and it is SUPPOSED to be that way!

And God Love Robin Mattson for Heather... having full on conversations with a corpse. ... ah Heather you are one severely mentally ill whack job.
btw.. she is looking so cute in her Paddington Bear outfit of yellow raingear!!
mamajoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #469
Brit17
DIS Veteran

I am not liking the baby switching storyline at all ... Couldn't the writers have come up with something new? ...

However, even though I never watched OLTL, I have to say that I'm really liking "Todd Manning" ... Are the GH writers keeping Todd's character the same as he was portrayed on OLTL? ... I'm actually enjoying all the characters who crossed over from OLTL to GH ... Whomever decided to bring them to GH made a good call ...

I think bringing Heather back to the show was a good idea also ... She is definately a bit off her rocker, but what's a good soap without a little cray cray thrown into the mix? ...
Brit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #470
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Love Roger Howarth - loved him on ATWT as Paul. I never watched OLTL till about 2 years ago. He really is funny.

The whole switching babies thing...been there, done that. Why oh why are we doing this storyline?

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #471
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Previews for the week of 04-Jun-2012
by Carol Banks Weber

**Sam blacks out. Which is when all hell breaks loose.
Jason tries to reconcile with Sam but cannot find her at the motel. He does find John McBain, who explains what he knows.
Jason and a badly beaten John McBain assess the damage left behind in the motel room, where Sam was with a live baby not too long ago. The blood scares them.
As much as they hate each other right now, Jason and McBain team up to locate Sam and the infant. Their search proves fruitful, sort of.
Jason and McBain run into Sam and an infant. Sam’s run-down of events perplexes them, and has them believing she isn’t of her right mind.
Jason takes care of Sam at GH, but is wracked with guilt for his part in this mess and her suffering.
Alexis rushes to Sam’s side, full of motherly concern.
Alexis takes one look at Jason and reads him the riot act.
Jason will never leave Sam’s side again, not after all this.
Sam endures the worst pain imaginable when she comes to.
Sam and Téa meet up again in an excruciating scene of missing info.
Heather extends herself to help Todd with Téa’s lifeless newborn…in a baby-switching incident.
Todd takes Téa to GH, weighed down with what really happened.
Todd pays for his unwillingness to let Téa down again: he dreams about the mushroom cloud that happens when Téa finds everything out.
In dealing with another character full of questions, Todd manages to evade the issue, grab Téa, and hightail it out of there with her. They’re headed back to OLTL’s Llanview.
One hasty decision made in an emotional rush will cost Sam her baby and momentarily give Téa some joy.
If Sam’s tragedy weren’t bad enough, Alexis also must sort through Kristina’s Mob Princess reality show nightmare.

Carly and Johnny talk over their conflicts, with her willing to take him back — but only if he promises never to lie to her again. Uh… I don’t think he’s going to be forthcoming with his brutal patricide.

Starr goes to Kate, armed with information that this is the person (rather, her alter Connie) who says she caused the deaths of Hope and Cole. But instead of reaming the fashion editor out, Starr is kind.
Kate wishes Starr would be more brutal in her approach, and can’t deal well with this compassion.
Starr absolves Kate for an act that she couldn’t help.

The cops let up on Luke and Tracy. No body, no proof, right? But Lulu grapples with what she knows.
Anna may change her mind and take on the police commissioner job, thus possibly providing a roadblock for Luke and Tracy’s getaway.

Maxie and Matt try to enjoy their honeymoon phase, despite the deceitful, cowardly nature of their unholy union.
Matt might prove to be the problem when he begins to recall killing Lisa.
Where’d Matt go? The doctor disappears from sight, upsetting Maxie when she awakens to find him MIA.
Spinelli loses his mind because of recent hurtful events, and drunkenly tears up the town.

Mac and Felicia cannot ignore their mutual attraction, and act upon it.
Anna changes her mind. She accepts the job as the town’s new police commissioner after all.
Anna and Luke, ooh la la.

Heather and her behavior unnerve Olivia, who recruits Spinelli to dig into this mystery further.

Elizabeth is all about Ewen, as he rouses from his coma and surgery.
Elizabeth tries to inspire Ewen to feel better.

Next week: John McBain becomes even more of a thorn in Sonny’s side when the two have a face-off, at the detective’s instigation… Jason has a meaningful encounter with Elizabeth… Lulu bargains with Johnny over something important (Anthony’s murder?)… Kristina attempts to pull the plug on the reality TV filming.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #472
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

I am really enjoying the Weekend at Anthony's storyline, even though it is absurd. It's just funny and outlandish. Anthony and Tracy are hilarious together, as are Tracy and Luke. Tracy and Luke are a great match and I'm so glad the writers put them together. Then you add wackadoodle Heather in with them and it's the best part of GH right now!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #473
tinabheart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Today's ep = STU. PID.

but....OMG, love Todd!
tinabheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #474
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabheart View Post
but....OMG, love Todd!
I was ECSTATIC!! whenOLTL brought Roger Horwath back!!! then depressed when OLTL was cancelled.

Todd(Roger) is JUST the "LIFE"() GH needs! he is mean, and lovable, and sneaky, and funny, and sorrowful, and just when you think you might hate him, you can't help but LOVE him!!!

he is his own worst enemy. and one of the best actors I have ever seen.

oh, and Starr" yes, on GH, so far, she hasn'
t been her best. but she and Roger have been "father and daughter " for many years. .. shorty!! ... we have watched this young actress evolve from just a bratty little girl who likes snakes to a wel rounded character.

I am VERY happy with the infusion of these characters into GH, which, IMHO, was the worst of the 3 ABC soaps.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #475
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post
I am really enjoying the Weekend at Anthony's storyline, even though it is absurd. It's just funny and outlandish. Anthony and Tracy are hilarious together, as are Tracy and Luke. Tracy and Luke are a great match and I'm so glad the writers put them together. Then you add wackadoodle Heather in with them and it's the best part of GH right now!
I totally agree! I'm so glad they brought Heather back. The three actors who play Luke, Tracy, and Heather are so gifted. If you had three actors who were not so talented, we might be rolling our eyes, saying "This is so lame!" Instead, they have the talent to make us laugh at the ubsurdity of what they're doing. I'm loving them. Just one question-didn't I remember Luke the other day, grabbing Heather and planting a kiss on her? Did anything further come of that or is that just another of their crazy moments?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #476
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I totally agree! I'm so glad they brought Heather back. The three actors who play Luke, Tracy, and Heather are so gifted. If you had three actors who were not so talented, we might be rolling our eyes, saying "This is so lame!" Instead, they have the talent to make us laugh at the ubsurdity of what they're doing. I'm loving them. Just one question-didn't I remember Luke the other day, grabbing Heather and planting a kiss on her? Did anything further come of that or is that just another of their crazy moments?

Wasn't that just a dream Heather was having? Right after that he was still in jail...
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #477
tinabheart
DIS Veteran

I so want to love Felicia, and I swear I did 15 years ago - but is it just me or is her acting just awful??
tinabheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #478
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I so want to love Felicia, and I swear I did 15 years ago - but is it just me or is her acting just awful??
I agree.. I was just saying the same thing last night. She used to be my fav on the show too!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #479
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
I agree.. I was just saying the same thing last night. She used to be my fav on the show too!!!
I agree ... Her acting is a bit rusty, IMO ... Hopefully, it will get better soon ... Maybe if they bring Frisco back it will help her ...
Brit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #480
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Previews for the week of 11-Jun-2012
by Carol Banks Weber

**Ewen checks out Kate’s mental condition at Shadybrook.
Ewen enables Connie to come out of Kate and regress to herself as a 17-year-old, to pinpoint her DID origin.
Kate returns to her senses, reeling from guilt.
Kate sees the light about a mystery. It’s terribly unnerving.

John McBain corners Sonny about what is presumed to be the mobster’s murder of half-sister Theresa. McBain will not go away this time.
Sonny tells John how it really went down at Atlantic City the night his half-sister was found dead. Will John believe a word the mobster says?

Kristina’s Mob Princess reality show turns into a monster. Kristina finds herself in over her head here.
Michael asks Kristina what the deal with Mob Princess is.

Jason tries to say he’s sorry to Sam about the newborn mishap.
Sam isn’t having any of Jason’s sorrys. In fact, she indicts him as part of the problem.
Monica uplifts Jason in his time of need.
While trying to find Sam, Jason runs into Elizabeth, opening up the emotional floodgates.
Jason and Elizabeth have another moment; he sees her and begins opening up about his troubles. The two play pool, chitchat, and bond, perhaps forgetting their troubles for a bit.
Sam isn’t hurting for company; she tries to settle back in at the motel when she runs into John McBain.

Johnny and Carly get to know each other better all over again.
Todd plants himself at Carly’s Metro Court as a more permanent guest. He could prove to be a major distraction to Johnny.
Ooh, look at this: Lulu reunites with ex-bad boy toy Johnny for an interaction.
Johnny sees if Lulu wouldn’t mind letting him take the Haunted Star from her hands, for a hefty price.
Johnny envisions renovating the Haunted Star as the hottest night spot. Lulu’s on board with this, as his co-pilot, provided he promise it’s a legit business deal.
When Dante gets wind of Lulu and Johnny’s latest business deal, he hits the roof.
Anthony’s ghost keeps hammering Johnny with the guilt.
Dante’s inferno: the cop faces off with Johnny, trying to put the mobster in his place out of protection for Lulu, digging into this business deal with the Haunted Star.

Tracy plants one on Luke, telling him how much he means to her, then hurries away, leaving the man dumbfounded.
Luke and Anna acknowledge the elephant in the room: their attraction. But they play it off too quickly like it’s not going anywhere. Is that right?
Suddenly, Anna and Luke enjoy a surprising smoochfest. Luke will have his hands full with Tracy and Heather after him.
Luke and Anna go to inform themselves about their less-than-platonic situation. This kiss really threw them.
Edward gives Tracy hell about her involvement with Luke and Anthony.
Tracy admits to Alice that she’s still hung up on Luke.
Heather pursues gainful employment come what may.
Olivia and Spinelli remain hot on Heather’s trail.

Next week: Elizabeth takes care that Jason feels a little less crappy… Sam and Spinelli are filled with curiosity brimming over… Anna gets ready for a romantic night… Mac and Felicia cozy up. It’s sweet.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: