Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

I need someone to give me a play-by-play of Friday's show...we didn't have one here because of the Hurricane. Everything was News.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #17
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Previews for the week of 29-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**If for nothing else, tune in just to watch Monica, Elizabeth, Carly, and Sam imagine what life would be like if Jason woke up, recovered, and turned out to be the kind of man suitable for them and their world.
Monica, naturally, goes to Jason, the newly appointed GH chief of staff, with Alan returning for these fantasy scenes.
Elizabeth envisions her and Jason living out an idyllic life, with him as a successful architect.
Carly sees herself and Jason ruling the mob together.
Sam simply wants her Jason to come through with flying colors, so they can be married.
Sam bolts herself to Jason’s hospital bedside, until he’s right again.
Maxie brings the found engagement ring to Sam.
Circumstances prevent Sam from observing what’s going on with Jason.
Patrick pulls out all the stops to restore Jason’s brain back to normal.
Anthony tries to get close enough to Jason to matter at GH.
Anthony meets up against Sonny, then Patrick, on the way to Jason.
Patrick thwarts Anthony in his quest to be with Jason.
Patrick steps in between Anthony and Sonny’s war, and the sh*t hits the fan.
Sonny drops in on Anthony, man to man.
Spinelli goes to GH to be with Jason, recuperating.
Sam turns to the Lord to save Jason.
Jason finally opens his baby blues.
Edward and Michael lower their guards a bit as they both hope for good news about Jason’s recovery.

Patrick and his big, fat ego argues with Robin, as well as Matt.
Kristina *****es out her dad Sonny.
Kristina and Michael debate the merits of Sonny, the mobster.
Kristina feels faint, and very well may drop like a stone from an undiagnosed health ailment—or perhaps the return of cancer.
Michael lets Abby know he’s going to do something about ELQ.
Alexis and Carly have cause to go over the Sonny and Jax drama. Uh oh.
Alexis and Carly get downright mean with each other.
Alexis gives Sonny a piece of her mind about what’s been done to Jax.
Maybe Carly and Shawn do have a chance as a couple. Look.
Shawn updates Carly about the latest on Jax.
Carly forbids Sonny from going near his son Morgan.
Sonny’s jaw drops after Carly says she put Morgan in military school—that’s how far she’ll go to ensure the mobster has nothing to do with her kids.

Elizabeth and Matt rap about the prescription drug mess she’s in.
Matt gives Elizabeth another helping hand, by putting back the missing drugs.
Matt anticipates his next project in development. It’ll put him on the map.
Spinelli inches closer to the Luzetta Bakery drug ring, and Anthony as the underpinings.
Patrick gets too big for his britches for Chief-of-Staff Robin’s liking. Mr. and Mrs. Bickerson get into it.
Lulu leans in for a good listen on Lucky and Dante’s private convo. This is when she finds out that Lucky supposedly relapsed.
Lulu expresses betrayal at Dante holding out on her about Lucky’s addiction woes.
Lulu resolves to do something about her life and the fork in the road.
Lulu and Lucky get heated about his drug addiction.
Olivia lays down her counsel about Lulu to son Dante. Tracy does the same with Lulu about Dante.
Lulu and Olivia get along swimmingly in their scenes. They’re shown genuinely full of affection and understanding.
Johnny sends Ethan out to figure Skye’s agenda out.
Skye gets blindsided with a certain unexpected character crossing her path on purpose. Oh hi, Johnny.
Johnny does everything he can to disarm Skye (and find out what she’s in cahoots with Anthony about), but she’s been around the block before and outwits him.
Skye and Ethan make the most of their sexy encounter. Oh, here comes Kristina, lurking in the shadows.
Kristina turns red with shame as Ethan makes like she was nothing to him to try to win Skye over.
Cut to the core, Kristina turns and runs from Skye and Ethan’s grown-up, flirtatious conversation, but then gets bowled over with a physical set-back.
Tracy is curious as to the reason for Johnny’s interest in Skye.
Turns out, Anthony really got the goods on Tracy, more than she ever knew.
Tracy stops Skye in the middle of what seems to be a robbery of the Quartermaine safe—a return trip.

Next week: Patrick clears his throat and makes his dramatic pronouncement… Jason and Sam must confront a biggie… Michael tries to altercate with Anthony… Anthony contends with a long line of foes… Lucky can’t take it anymore… Maxie delivers an omen… Carly is at Kelly’s Diner when she looks up and sees Shawn there too… Carly and Sonny battle on… Michael must figure out where he wants to be… Is this a date now? Elizabeth and Matt have a picnic.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Gossip for the week of 29-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**Is new head writer Garin Wolf already out? Maybe so. Buzz online is that he hasn’t been impressing the cast and/or execs much, and some in the cast may have blown up big-time about his presence and/or the approaching influx of Frons’ AMC/OLTL favorites—perhaps one or two of them are slated to take on recasts of popular GH characters.

According to RavenBeauty in her August 24th General Hospital Dish, one pivotal cast member, an actress, may have had it with the GH shenanigans and threatened to leave, and two major actors will go as well:

In my last column, I told you that General Hospital fans were about to get a shocking announcement that I found to be absolutely mind blowing. If the damage is not repaired here soon, look for a major female player to walk with ABC's blessing! I'm not touching this any further. Too hot, too soon, however it will all make sense over the coming months. I've been telling you for a while now that September is going to be quite the month for GH in terms of shake-ups. That quake we just got was only a taste of what's really coming. Long-time readers know what to expect as I laid it out quite clearly in terms of other major management changes coming to GH. The casting changes that will follow are going to leave fans with their jaws on the floor.

A great deal of unrest coupled with some serious blow-ups have left the climate a rather uncertain one behind the scenes at General Hospital. Trust me when I tell you that there is more drama going on behind the scenes than in front of the camera (and you guys think drama follows me around)! You ain’t seen nothing yet my friends! I pale by comparison to what is going on backstage right now! Ever since I stated that two wildly popular males would be out at General Hospital, the guessing out there has taken on a life of its own over the past few months! They are bringing back some of the biggest core characters as an olive branch once things are in place. Just brace yourselves kids as it's coming.

RavenBeauty also brought up a new, very sad story sure to make audiences reach for the tissue. Here are the details of that:

One major character may be recast in order to bring him back to town for the fall out. I gave you a major hint on this one already (he may not be played by the original actor this time around). This story will affect many lives in Port Charles.

This is old, but it’s interesting that executive producer Jill Farren Phelps went to Soap Opera Digest for its August 23, 2011 issue to cheerlead for GH’s coming, improved attractions, to promise equal opportunity stories—not just about the mob, and to practically beg viewers to hold on. Instead of defending former head writer Bob Guza Jr.’s mob-centric choices, now she’s all about new head writer Garin Wolf’s “incredibly gifted” expansiveness including the Quartermaines. “In order to tell story well, you have to have not only an imagination, but a real interest in the history of the show and in revitalizing those things which are of historical value and bringing them into today. The purpose behind that is so we’re not just telling rehashed stories of what’s happened in the past. We’re finding new ways to look at the past and turn it into the present and the future – and Garin is superb at that.” So suddenly now it’s okay to celebrate character history, veterans and giving the Qs a story?!

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 08-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
DontRushMe
Mouseketeer

ME DH DD13 DD11
1991 GF, 1998 CB, 2006 CS, 2009 POFQ, 2011 DREAM, 2012 MNSSHP, 2014 DLR
DontRushMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I for one have enjoyed the Jason tv show of lately! And another Liason fan..got excited when I heard their "song" I too love Laura Wright, to me she is Carly to me. Really enjoyed the flashbacks (have to admit, I loved Jason with Robin too!). Liz isn't a goody goody...she's as sneaky as they come, lol.

I like the new writing style with Garin Wolf. Really enjoyed Alan Quartermaine coming back into the story. I did fast forward over Skye/Ethan/Johnny.

Glad to see Spinelli back too!

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #21
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Previews for the week of 05-Sep-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**Labor Day September 5th: rerun of August 8th episode, where Shawn is hit with post-trauma and can’t stop Jax from hijacking Josslyn, Elizabeth collides with Jason in a car collision, and Patrick romance Robin.
Jason and Sam see if Patrick’s surgery did the trick. Something else comes down the pike, challenging their journey.
Here’s what Patrick has to say about Jason’s surgery results.
Michael thinks he has the goods to out-badass Anthony.
Michael changes gears, in careers.
Michael gets into Abby’s pants. Fireworks.
Kristina has to figure out if she will have a risky operation to deal with a crimp in her neck, or just deal with the fainting spells for the rest of her life.
Carly sees Shawn at Kelly’s, they catch up.
Carly and Sonny go on another emotional assault against one another.
Lucky suffers terribly from recent events, hitting him hardest down to his soul.
Maxie drops a bummer of a bombshell—a repeat performance.
What a surprising turnaround: Elizabeth actually enjoys herself out on a picnic with charming Matt.
Matt and Patrick have another pissing contest, because of an edict made that affects them.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

After watching yesterday's episode, I had a craving for some delicious Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Hey if it keeps it on abc, I can live with it

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
After watching yesterday's episode, I had a craving for some delicious Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Hey if it keeps it on abc, I can live with it

Maria
That was truly awful. I was waiting for BH to wink at the camera.

Remember when they did that with OnStar?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #24
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Ok, I missed the show...what are you talking about?

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #25
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

It was bedtime and Elizabeth was fixing Cam a snack. He spoke about missing Jake, and Elizabeth said one of the best ways to remember him was with a toast with his favorite, chocolate milk made with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. She must have said the full product title 3 or 4 times, and the bottle was prominently displayed for the camera. It was a very stilted conversation. She did her best, but you could tell it was awkward -- who speaks to their children in brand names like that?! It was kind of funny because the scene ended with Cam running upstairs and Elizabeth telling him to do a really good job of brushing his teeth tonight...don't let that syrup sit on there overnight

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
It was bedtime and Elizabeth was fixing Cam a snack. He spoke about missing Jake, and Elizabeth said one of the best ways to remember him was with a toast with his favorite, chocolate milk made with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. She must have said the full product title 3 or 4 times, and the bottle was prominently displayed for the camera. It was a very stilted conversation. She did her best, but you could tell it was awkward -- who speaks to their children in brand names like that?! It was kind of funny because the scene ended with Cam running upstairs and Elizabeth telling him to do a really good job of brushing his teeth tonight...don't let that syrup sit on there overnight

Maria
Oh jeez...product placement much?

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 AM   #27
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

Its here about 1minute 26 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPO8MZS3LAw

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #28
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutbsv View Post
Its here about 1minute 26 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPO8MZS3LAw
Oh jeez That was really bad.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #29
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I am so far behind watching GH that I've skipped a bunch of episodes and am trying to watch the most recent ones. Because of this I'm a little lost about Jax. I know that Carly and he are no longer together and he left town. He came back to town secretly so that he could get his daughter, tried to hide at Robin's, Sonny was looking for him, something about a sabotoged plane but I don't know what happened to Jax. Is he dead? Pretending?

Last edited by Pikester; 09-09-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #30
lonelydreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
but I don't know what happened to Jax. Is he dead? Pretending?
Jax is not dead...but only Skye knows that.

His plane crashed, and he is assumed dead, but there was no body.

Ingo was let go from GH ~ so he's gone, but as with several others, they have come back, I'm assuming he will too at some point. For now, I think he took his boat - so Carly 'thinks' it is a possibility that he's on that.
lonelydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: