Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

The GH Official Thread Part 2

New thread for my girls

Here's a link to the old one...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1710176

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I'm a little nervous about watching Liz's dream. They make me want what they won't give me! Really think about it. Have Liz and Jason actually had an offical relationship yet? They have slept together on the down low, they had a kid that only a few knew about but they have not lived together or been a public couple.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
I'm a little nervous about watching Liz's dream. They make me want what they won't give me! Really think about it. Have Liz and Jason actually had an offical relationship yet? They have slept together on the down low, they had a kid that only a few knew about but they have not lived together or been a public couple.
lol.....I don't think I'll be able to watch! I don't want to see her and Jason together even if it is just a dream. She is NOT Jason's type....too goody goody for him. Sam on the other hand can hold her own and doesn't rely on anyone else to make herself happy. I would like to see him have a better relatioship to Monica. I am a little disappointed that Monica isn't in the picture more, we saw her right after the accident and now she seems to have faded away!

Anyone else think Anthony Z. is annoying? I FF through most of his scenes, same with Skye at times.

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies
mickey&minnie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

Almost forgot.....I wanted to chime in on the whole Carly (Laura) thing. Her bottom teeth have always distracted me from what she is really saying. I'm always looking at them trying to figure out it they are discolored or if its just shading because they are crooked....drives me CRAZY sometimes!! LOL

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies
mickey&minnie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

I am a shameless Liason fan, and I'm going to love those scenes, even if they will make me sad. I used to love LL2, so I'm sure I can get back into that when they inevitably go another round. For some reason I've just never taken to the character of Sam, w/or w/o Jason. I think I just can't forgive her for sleeping with Alexis's husband, and Sonny. That's just nasty!

This Carly is fine, but for me the best Carly was Sarah Brown.

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I'm a big Liason Fan too! I've never thought of Liz as a goody-goody. She's not as bad as some of the other ladies on there but she is no Angel. Which is actually what she told Sarah Brown's Carly one night on the docks when Carly was all up her butt because Liz was helping Jason recover after getting shot. I think Liz likes that Jason is a bad boy but just wishes his lifestyle wasn't so dangerousn to those around him.

I like Sam when she is not with Jason. I loved when her and the other Lucky were together.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Huge Liz and Jason fan. Liz brings out Jason's humanity. Liz was also never a goody goody. She isn't a Carly but she wasn't saintly like Courtney (gag) or Emily. Sarah Webber, her sister was the "goody goody." Liz was always more of a troublemaker.

I also don't find her as self-rightous as Robin (who I actually like too.) Liz, to me, is on par with Lulu or Maxie.

I think they are writing her as more of an ingénue in recent years but her history is otherwise. She's been "on and off" with Jason for years.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
This Carly is fine, but for me the best Carly was Sarah Brown.

Maria
I totally agree! I loved Sarah Brown as Carly. I wasn't watching the show when she came back and played the other character. I'm not sure I could have enjoyed that, too weird.

I'm not sure who I like with Jason. I don't really care one way or the other about Sam. I guess she's okay with Jason. I would like to see Liz and Lucky back together. I always enjoyed them years ago.

I guess I just don't get too caught up who's with who and just try to go with it because I know it will change once I get excited about it. Brenda coming back was the reason I picked up the show again and I kind of feel like they ruined her for me this time around. I was always a big Sonny/Brenda fan years ago.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Ok, I'll actually admit (I've done it before on here) that I *cough* liked *cough* Sam with "old Nu" Lucky. I do NOT like her with Jason...at all.

I liked Liz and Lucky 15 years ago. Not now. They don't go together anymore. Too much has happened between them. Maybe if Nu Old Lucky hadn't left and then come back with this peach fuzz I could like him but it's like he is trying too hard to be older.

I really would like to see them give Jason and Liz a chance. An actual pairing that is out in the open. Maybe if they had done that in the past - let us have them together for longer than 30 seconds and then broke them up we could let it go. But they never had a chance.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
lonelydreamer
Mouseketeer

I'm another rare one who actually likes Sam. I agree...it gets old with Jason, but I like her character. I like Liz and Lucky - only because I want one real family together, but she does seem to have chemistry with anyone she comes into contact with! Interesting scenes with her and Matt.

And while I know this is just wrong...I just wonder how long it will be before Sonny and Carly hook up. I almost miss it! LOL!
lonelydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
tweety38
Mouseketeer

Watched today's episode, it was really great to see the whole Q clan. Could have done without Jason doing a line on the train. Loved him with Elizabeth too.
tweety38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

It seems as if they are totally wasting Kelly Monaco. Either give her a storyline, besides just moping after Jason, or let her move on. Sam is such a non-character. And did I hear that Dillon (Georgie's boyfriend, not sure about his name) might come back?
Old 08-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I am a Liason fan for the most part but I don't mind him with Sam. Mind you, if i could choose from the two, I would pick Liz.

I just wish Sam would get more of a life besides just being with him, They rarely show her doing any PI work, why don't they have her doing some big investigation? Something that doesn't have anything to do with Jason.

I liked the fantasies for the most part, I thought it was weird that he was an architect in the Liz one, though but I was glad to get to see them together. And shirtless Jason is always a good thing...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
lonelydreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I liked the fantasies for the most part, I thought it was weird that he was an architect in the Liz one, though but I was glad to get to see them together. And shirtless Jason is always a good thing...
Jason as an architect was a real stretch

The fantasies were definitely 'different' - very cool, especially for a Friday afternoon.

I liked the Sarah Brown "Carly" - but really can't imagine her being Carly with children now. Laura Wright plays the 'mom' part of Carly very well. Love Laura Wright!

I hate to see characters ever leave the show and I love Kelly Monaco, but I agree that if they aren't going to give her a storyline, let her move on.

On another note: How much longer do we have to put up with Jackal PI??
lonelydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! Thanks Stacey for starti a new thread. I'm behind on my show. Sitting t the Hard Rock Hotel right now as my kids are swimming trying to catch up. I agree about wasting Sam. Such a shame. I'm guessing I haven't missed mug. Gives me something to do when I get home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: