Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Fashionista007
Earning My Ears

FairytaleWeddingStore.com?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had experience buying from FairytaleWeddingStore.com? I placed an order 6 weeks ago, got an order verification and my credit card was charged. I have not seen a package or gotten another email from them. I emailed them again last week and they have not responded. Now I am reading their policies in the email they sent me:

"Please be aware expedited shipping takes 2-5 BUSINESS days FROM the day it is SHIPPED, not the day the order was placed. This holds true with ground shipping taking 1-2 weeks from the day of shipment. ALL ITEMS ARE MADE TO ORDER. The processing time takes approximately 3-5 business days in house."

Seems to me I should have received the item by now according to this statement. They should have taken 5 days maximum to process the order and 2 weeks to ship it. My wedding is in about one month and I need to send my box O' Wedding Stuff to our hotel around Sept. 12. I know I can simply call them but I wanted to see if any other brides had this same issue before I did (for leverage). Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-r...ty-or-22421917

If that is the store I would start calling everyday! Seems like others have had issues with them too...good luck and hope you get the products you need!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Fashionista007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTinker11 View Post
If that is the store I would start calling everyday! Seems like others have had issues with them too...good luck and hope you get the products you need!
Thank you so much for this!! I actually heard about the store on this site so I figured it was reputable but I should have really done my homework first and read their policies, etc. It's really not that big of a deal except that I'm out $180. I have time to find replacements and it was only my unity candle set, some candy, and flower girl baskets. I already have replacement flower girl baskets courtesy of my sister who got married in 2009. I just don't like being scammed, it really frosts my cookies!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

No problem but I would keep an eye on that credit card for fraudulent charges, I saw another dis post about that she was nervous of this company doing that after a purchase...it is really hard buying online and we have been doing alot of that as well...

I usually pay through pay pal, I think it is one of the safest options!

Good luck!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
Fashionista007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
No problem but I would keep an eye on that credit card for fraudulent charges, I saw another dis post about that she was nervous of this company doing that after a purchase...it is really hard buying online and we have been doing alot of that as well...

I usually pay through pay pal, I think it is one of the safest options!

Good luck!
Thank you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it! PayPal is a great idea, I never thought of that. I actually paid for this purchase with a debit card because my credit card was maxed out due to other wedding expenses. I had a bogus charge on my account last month (but I think it was before I made the purchase so I'm not sure if it was them). I reported it and got a new card and haven't had any problems since. I contacted my bank about all of this, we'll see what happens but I'm not too hopeful. I think I got scammed for $180. I did end up calling them and emailing again yesterday, no response yet. Oh well, it could have been much worse!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear that happened to your card! I would keep an eye on it definitely and you may want to contact BBB! Good luck with everything and yes it could have been a lot worse!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Fashionista007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear that happened to your card! I would keep an eye on it definitely and you may want to contact BBB! Good luck with everything and yes it could have been a lot worse!
Thank you Luckily everything worked out ok! Story to follow...

Sort of a Happy Ending

I finally got an email from FairyTaleWeddingStore.com (after multiple emails over the last 2 months and 2 flaming mad phone messages) apologizing for the delay and I got a shipping notification. I still don't suggest that anyone buy their products. Their website clearly states that processing time takes 3 - 5 days, not 2 months!! Horrible, horrible business practice. They really should not charge people until their items have shipped. What was I supposed to think when I saw all the complaints on BBB that they never responded to? But I am secretly happy because I did order some really cute things, I hope they're good quality but I'm not expecting much out of these people. I really did not need that headache
Old 08-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

Hey did you actually get the product yet? I would love to see it! lol I hope it is great....you waited long enough for it!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
kevoak12
Earning My Ears

I was Scammed also! 2 years later

I ordered $350 worth of stuff for my wedding in October 2012, I ordered it 6 weeks ago as of now, I have been trying to contact them for the last two and a half weeks about the status of my order as I am running out of time for my wedding, I have sent 10 emails and over a dozen messages. Not one response from them no email nothing, they say to email for a quicker response when you call but I have been and before my daily emails I sent one about 4 weeks back, they never responded. There are quite a few of the same stories on the web if you look around long enough....BEWARE!!!!!!
kevoak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
Fonz86
Mouseketeer

I also used this site last year to order some personalised ribbon. It took aaaaages for it to arrive (probably a month or so) but as it was still a good 12 months until my wedding it didnt concern me too much.

Thankfully i didnt have any payment issues and i was happy with the ribbon when it arrived, im just glad i left plenty of time for it to be delievered!

x
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

OH MY GOODNESS! SOMETHING REALLY WEIRD HAPPENED FOR ME WITH THEM TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I ordered labels through them. I thought they were really cute and wanted to put them on my wedding invitations for my return address. I emailed them ahead of time and said, "I realize that I'm placing this order last minute, but I really need these for next week, can you get them to me?" I placed the order on a Friday, and someone there sent me an email that they would send them on Monday July 23rd to receive them Wednesday July 25th. Well, Saturday July 28th came, and no labels!!! I entered the tracking number... now, to be fair to fairytaleweddingstore.com, I really do think this was entirely the post office's fault. I had to call the post office like crazy to have them track them down, and actually, fairytaleweddingstore.com almost sent me another batch when I emailed them and told them what happened. Finally, the post office found my package, and it got sent on to me.

But now the really weird thing... I always check my credit card every 3-4 days to make sure everything is good. A few days after I purchased the labels, I listen to my credit card statement on the phone, and there is a brand new purchase for $259 from a store called Stacks and Stacks! I do some investigating, and someone has used my card to purchase a large kitchen playset on an internet website in California and have it shipped to Texas!! Coincidence? Maybe... but what makes me believe it is someone from that website is the fact that I was having the labels shipped to my PARENT'S house b/c they were going to help me with the invitations, so I gave my parent's phone number... otherwise, I ALWAYS use my cell. And it just so happened that Stacks and Stacks had my parents phone number on their records from the purchase! To me, it has to be someone from that website... b/c like I said, I have never used my parent's phone number, and it happened right after I purchased the labels!

Luckily, I alerted my BoA Visa in plenty of time, and actually, for some reason, Stacks and Stacks hadn't put the purchase totally through... when I was on the phone with them, they told me they had red-flagged my order b/c something didn't seem right. So I was never charged and got a new card.

I was going to order a cake server set through them, they have a beautiful one I really love... but not anymore. And now, knowing that I'm not the only one that had these kind of issues with them, I will be telling people to NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: