Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #106
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAYL View Post
A Southern Carribean like the one I have booked for Feb 2013 on the Carnival Breeze would be nice, 8 nights, Grand Turks, DR, Curaco, & Aruba would be awesome! Other ports would be nice as well, they just need some variety!
That does sound awesome!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #107
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
A Southern Carribean like the one I have booked for Feb 2013 on the Carnival Breeze would be nice, 8 nights, Grand Turks, DR, Curaco, & Aruba would be awesome! Other ports would be nice as well, they just need some variety!
YES!!! That's what DCL needs. But I think they like to keep things simple at PC and do strictly Sat. arrivals/departures. Heaven forbid people have to think about what day the ship arrives without looking at a calendar.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #108
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
YES!!! That's what DCL needs. But I think they like to keep things simple at PC and do strictly Sat. arrivals/departures. Heaven forbid people have to think about what day the ship arrives without looking at a calendar.
Other cruise lines do different things like alternating 8 night 6 night to keep it on a weekend schedule & different ports to allow for back to back cruises as well!

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #109
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Other cruise lines do different things like alternating 8 night 6 night to keep it on a weekend schedule & different ports to allow for back to back cruises as well!
I know. People just have to pull out a calendar and look at the days the ship sails.
It would be very nice to have options for different ports and length of cruise from PC - such as cruises longer than 7 days and not just at holiday time when the prices are thru the roof.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #110
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
I know. People just have to pull out a calendar and look at the days the ship sails.
It would be very nice to have options for different ports and length of cruise from PC - such as cruises longer than 7 days and not just at holiday time when the prices are thru the roof.
Oh yeah I have 1 of those DCL Holiday cruises booked!

I told the oldest no more DCL holiday cruises, too much dinero.

Though that is why I love DVC I can go during Xmas vacation or any other time i want & it does not bother me!

Waiting for a Polynesian DVC resort to buy some more points!

They could name it Blue Hawaii or the Elvis long house Thankya Thankya very much!

Oops!

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #111
Pudo
DCL Cruise Dreamin'

When DCL sticks with familiar ports of call those itineraries are normally released in the fall. Similar to last year when they only released about two thirds of the year's itineraries the expectation is that since there will be new ports of call that they may not release the Med itinearies until the spring. If you recall it wasn't until this April when DCL announced NYC, Seattle, Galverston, the repo through Hawaii, etc. This is pretty standard so don't expect everything to be released in October/November.
07/2002 Married at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW, DCL Wonder 3 day | 07/2003 - Anniversary present DCL Magic 7 day Eastern (St. Marteen & St. Thomas) | 07/2004 DCL Magic 7 day special itinerary (Puerto Rico & St. Thomas) | 11/2005 DCL Magic Western 7 day Thanksgiving cruise | 08/2006 DCL Western 7 day double dip. Surprised family with the Roy E. Disney suite | 08/2008 DCL 15 day Eastern Repo cruise (bringing the Magic home - Midship Cat 3 suite) | 10/2010 DCL 7 day Western Halloween Cruise | 08/2011 5 day Dream Roy Suite | 06/2012 DCL Magic 2 day NYC Cruise | 08/2012 7 day Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise | 06/28/14 7 day Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise
Pudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #112
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I still think there is another Hawaii or a 2 week charter as the Wonder has no cruises from Oct 14-28. Dry dock is this fall. I too would like to see different schedule. I am so tired of the carribbean. We are on the Liberty for Oct and don't even get off in 2 of the ports.,
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #113
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I think whenever they get around to releasing summer 2013 dates for the Magic it may include a combination of Eastern & Western Med cruises. We just got back 2 weeks ago from one of the Med cruises & then I got a postcard to complete an online survey which I did yesterday. One of the last questions was about how likely we were to sail on various itineraries (with "starting at" prices listed). The last 2 choices were a Western Med & an Eastern Med with "starting at" prices at $949. They were both 7 nights out of Civitavecchia (Rome). Since both are out of Civitavecchia I am wondering if they would alternate them so you could do back-to-backs. Here's the specific itineraries they gave:

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy

7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
I like both itineraries, and I don't think 7 nights are too few. You can spend time in Italy before and/or after the cruise to make it worth spending so much money to fly to Rome.

I hope the Transatlantic cruises will go directly to Civitavecchia, rather than a TA cruise to Barcelona and then a repositioning cruise to Civitavecchia.

It wouldn't surprise me if DCL waited until spring 2012 to announce their summer 2013 plans in Europe - as spring is when most cruise lines announce their Europe itineraries for the following year.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #114
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I like both itineraries, and I don't think 7 nights are too few. You can spend time in Italy before and/or after the cruise to make it worth spending so much money to fly to Rome.

I hope the Transatlantic cruises will go directly to Civitavecchia, rather than a TA cruise to Barcelona and then a repositioning cruise to Civitavecchia.

It wouldn't surprise me if DCL waited until spring 2012 to announce their summer 2013 plans in Europe - as spring is when most cruise lines announce their Europe itineraries for the following year.
I would jump on either of those in a heartbeat. I've "told" DBF he's taking me to Italy for my 40th birthday (ha!), and this would be perfect...!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #115
tanda4556
Earning My Ears

Destination: Mediterranean

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy

7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, I hope DCL will go for these sailings (either from Civitabecchia or Venice, doesn't matter). My husband said "if they will do these itineraries, book them both for B2B as soon as they announce it!"

Dec 2008 - Tokyo Disneyland
Feb 2011 - WDW & DCL Dream
Feb 2012 - Disneyland & California Adventure
June 2012 - DCL Fantasy
June 2013 - Disney Sea
tanda4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #116
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda4556 View Post

Oh, I hope DCL will go for these sailings (either from Civitabecchia or Venice, doesn't matter). My husband said "if they will do these itineraries, book them both for B2B as soon as they announce it!"
If DCL is asking for feedback about 7-night cruises from Civitavecchia, they probably don't intend to depart from Venice. It would be hard to do a roundtrip western Med cruise from Venice in only 7 days.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #117
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You make a good point and although I would love to do a 10 or 11 night Med again, I would consider doing a 7 night and planning extra days in Italy.

Last edited by kmc33; 09-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.
kmc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #118
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

I hope they don't go out of Rome--western med certainly covered all things Italy; better that they start and end in Athens, with stops in Crete, Eygpt and Turkey---hitting Santorini along the way too. With Adventures by Disney now doing a Greece trip (and starting the Eygpt one back up), seems like a natural add-on for an ABD/Magic combo (like what was done with the western med).
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #119
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
I hope they don't go out of Rome--western med certainly covered all things Italy; better that they start and end in Athens, with stops in Crete, Eygpt and Turkey---hitting Santorini along the way too. With Adventures by Disney now doing a Greece trip (and starting the Eygpt one back up), seems like a natural add-on for an ABD/Magic combo (like what was done with the western med).
I don't see DCL home porting in Athens. DCL wants people to be able to fly into the more easily accessible airports in Europe - like Barcelona, London, Rome. For crying out loud - they changed their Alaska cruises from Vancouver to Seattle for 2012, and Vancouver isn't exactly difficult to get to!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #120
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:

Quote:
If DCL is asking for feedback about 7-night cruises from Civitavecchia, they probably don't intend to depart from Venice. It would be hard to do a roundtrip western Med cruise from Venice in only 7 days.
Although we had really wanted the 10 night Med when it got switched out to the 7 night we added time on before & after. We went to Paris first for 4 nights and then to Barcelona a day early then added 2 more nights after the cruise. Had we done a 10 or 11 night cruise we probably would've only flown in 1 or 2 days early as the time off requirement gets to be too big. The 7 night cruise WAS too short but we were OK with it since we'd added a week before it. You definitely need to add time on before & after tho for just 1 week to make the flights worth it.

I really think they're looking at Civitavecchia as being the only feasible port option to do alternating Eastern & Western Meds. And I think that would be the first smart thing they've done in awhile.

I happen to think that there is such a thing as announcing the itineraries too early. I know the people here on the DIS are chomping at the bit but the AVERAGE person is NOT thinking that far ahead. I think it promotes slower (perhaps disappointing) sales to start with. For the most part people just aren't looking to BOOK something that far in advance. They may be starting to form plans & ideas about future vacations but the committment in todays world is harder to do. While we booked our Med cruise 22 months in advance most people I know thought we were crazy. I just booked spring break at BLT at 7 months out & DH doesn't even want to bother his boss about it yet. He says he looks at him like he's nuts for asking off that far in advance. It is only us DIS'ers that plan & plan & plan!!

I also don't think that if they're planning to announce Eastern & Western Med cruises in October that they'd still be doing surveys for them in September.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: