Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #91
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

I think whenever they get around to releasing summer 2013 dates for the Magic it may include a combination of Eastern & Western Med cruises. We just got back 2 weeks ago from one of the Med cruises & then I got a postcard to complete an online survey which I did yesterday. One of the last questions was about how likely we were to sail on various itineraries (with "starting at" prices listed). The last 2 choices were a Western Med & an Eastern Med with "starting at" prices at $949. They were both 7 nights out of Civitavecchia (Rome). Since both are out of Civitavecchia I am wondering if they would alternate them so you could do back-to-backs. Here's the specific itineraries they gave:

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy

7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #92
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran
 
CruznLexi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,133

Did the survey mention anything about the Wonder and where she might go?
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #93
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!
 
RJAYL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I think whenever they get around to releasing summer 2013 dates for the Magic it may include a combination of Eastern & Western Med cruises. We just got back 2 weeks ago from one of the Med cruises & then I got a postcard to complete an online survey which I did yesterday. One of the last questions was about how likely we were to sail on various itineraries (with "starting at" prices listed). The last 2 choices were a Western Med & an Eastern Med with "starting at" prices at $949. They were both 7 nights out of Civitavecchia (Rome). Since both are out of Civitavecchia I am wondering if they would alternate them so you could do back-to-backs. Here's the specific itineraries they gave:

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy

7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)
Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
I just wish that it would start or end in Venice it would make the Itinerary so much better. They could then include Croatia & some of the Greek isles as well!
__________________
YoHo YoHo a Slackers Cruise for Me

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #94
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
There has been a lot of unrest in the Med this year and taking a year off seems to be a good decision on DCL's part. I also wonder how well those cruises sold as there were some really good deals offered--Kids Sale Free and the special discounted rooms that you paid in full and didn't get to select your stateroom, just inside, outside or veranda. I'm curious to see what 2013brings too.
I think in the end that the 7-night cruises sold very well. Ours for Aug. 13th was completely sold out and there were no special incentive prices ever offered for it at all. There were no upgrades available at the port. It was full. I think the ones that they had trouble filling were some of the earlier (May-June) ones that were 10 & 11 nights long. One problem on those was that kids were still in school. The 2nd problem was that they cost significantly more than the 7 night ones. I think they're taking a break from the Med for 2012 because of the Olympics. The UK is a big destination for a lot of people & there's no way they could compete with that.
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #95
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
Did the survey mention anything about the Wonder and where she might go?
Here's the survey in full. It didn't list ship names, only itineraries and it asked if you would definitely do it, probably do it, might or might not, probably not or definitely would not. Alaska, Hawaii , Mexico & Asia were not listed as any of the choices:

How likely are you to sail on the following itineraries that Disney Cruise Line® may offer at some time in the future?

Destination: Bahamas

3-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $399)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


4-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $509)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


5-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $669)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


Destination: Florida & Bahamas

7-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $869)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York


8-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $979)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Key West, Florida; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Galveston, Texas


9-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $1099)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Charleston, South Carolina; Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York


Destination: Caribbean

6-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $769)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Galveston, Texas


7-NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; St. Maarten, N.A.; St Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


7-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Key West, Florida; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


Destination: Bermuda

5-NIGHT BERMUDA (Starting at $649)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; King's Wharf, Bermuda; New York, New York


Destination: Mediterranean

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy


7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #96
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAYL View Post
I just wish that it would start or end in Venice it would make the Itinerary so much better. They could then include Croatia & some of the Greek isles as well!
But then that would eliminate the possibility of doing Eastern / Western back-to-backs. I'm really thinking that might be what they do so they could cater to those who can only do 7 nights and to those who want longer.
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #97
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!
 
RJAYL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Here's the survey in full. It didn't list ship names, only itineraries and it asked if you would definitely do it, probably do it, might or might not, probably not or definitely would not. Alaska, Hawaii , Mexico & Asia were not listed as any of the choices:

How likely are you to sail on the following itineraries that Disney Cruise Line® may offer at some time in the future?

Destination: Bahamas

3-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $399)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


4-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $509)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


5-NIGHT BAHAMAS (Starting at $669)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


Destination: Florida & Bahamas

7-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $869)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York


8-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $979)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Key West, Florida; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Galveston, Texas


9-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $1099)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Charleston, South Carolina; Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York


Destination: Caribbean

6-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $769)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Galveston, Texas


7-NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; St. Maarten, N.A.; St Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


7-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Key West, Florida; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida


Destination: Bermuda

5-NIGHT BERMUDA (Starting at $649)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; King's Wharf, Bermuda; New York, New York


Destination: Mediterranean

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy


7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy
I might consider a Bermuda run out of NY but would have liked a 7 night version better!
__________________
YoHo YoHo a Slackers Cruise for Me

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #98
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

I pretty much nixed any of the shorter cruises & anything that included Nassau and I added in my comments that we were limited to itineraries that would be offered in the summer only. So while I would be interested in a couple of things if they're not offered when we can GO it doesn't matter what the deal is.
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #99
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAYL View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I just read a post by another TA (who has proven to be reliable in the past) that DCL may not be releasing the 2013 schedule for the Magic untill the spring!

Although they did suggest an Eastern Med Itinerary!
This wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't release the entire 2013 schedule at once. They did not release all of 2012 at once either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAYL View Post
I might consider a Bermuda run out of NY but would have liked a 7 night version better!
I would like a Bermuda cruise out of NYC too, but a 5 day cruise would be too short for it. I'd wouldn't mind if they added Charleston to the Bermuda cruise just to make it a 7 or 8 day sailing.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #100
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I pretty much nixed any of the shorter cruises & anything that included Nassau and I added in my comments that we were limited to itineraries that would be offered in the summer only. So while I would be interested in a couple of things if they're not offered when we can GO it doesn't matter what the deal is.
There are more places to go than Nassau, but they are under obligation to make so many port stops there a year or they will incur fines. Now I don't know if they are only limited to Nassau or if they could go to Freeport to count as their Bahamian stop.
Sure would be nice to see another place than Nassau in the Bahamas.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #101
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!
 
RJAYL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
This wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't release the entire 2013 schedule at once. They did not release all of 2012 at once either.



I would like a Bermuda cruise out of NYC too, but a 5 day cruise would be too short for it. I'd wouldn't mind if they added Charleston to the Bermuda cruise just to make it a 7 or 8 day sailing.
Hi Barb

Happy Labor Day!
__________________
YoHo YoHo a Slackers Cruise for Me

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #102
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
There are more places to go than Nassau, but they are under obligation to make so many port stops there a year or they will incur fines. Now I don't know if they are only limited to Nassau or if they could go to Freeport to count as their Bahamian stop.
Sure would be nice to see another place than Nassau in the Bahamas.
Yes, I realize they have that obligation and if I had to choose between Freeport & Nassau I think Nassau is the better option. Our thing is we're really not fans of the shorter cruises. MIGHT consider a 4 or 5 night one again just to get that 5th cruise under our belts so we can claim Gold CC status...but would prefer a longer cruise. I would also like to see Southern Caribbean ports sprinkled in. Not sure how I feel about the Bermuda cruise. NY is within driving distance for us but I'd prefer a longer cruise with more ports...and Charleston doesn't interest me. So that one leaves me feeling like "whatever".
__________________

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #103
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAYL View Post
Hi Barb

Happy Labor Day!
Hi there.
Happy Labor Day to you and your's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Yes, I realize they have that obligation and if I had to choose between Freeport & Nassau I think Nassau is the better option. Our thing is we're really not fans of the shorter cruises. MIGHT consider a 4 or 5 night one again just to get that 5th cruise under our belts so we can claim Gold CC status...but would prefer a longer cruise. I would also like to see Southern Caribbean ports sprinkled in. Not sure how I feel about the Bermuda cruise. NY is within driving distance for us but I'd prefer a longer cruise with more ports...and Charleston doesn't interest me. So that one leaves me feeling like "whatever".
I haven't heard anything about Freeport, but it would be nice to see another port on a DCL cruise especially if it's an 8 day sailing from NYC. At least it would be a different port than Nassau.

There are so many ports they could visit, it would be nice if they added more a year than to just 4 or 5 cruises every so often.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #104
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!
 
RJAYL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Yes, I realize they have that obligation and if I had to choose between Freeport & Nassau I think Nassau is the better option. Our thing is we're really not fans of the shorter cruises. MIGHT consider a 4 or 5 night one again just to get that 5th cruise under our belts so we can claim Gold CC status...but would prefer a longer cruise. I would also like to see Southern Caribbean ports sprinkled in. Not sure how I feel about the Bermuda cruise. NY is within driving distance for us but I'd prefer a longer cruise with more ports...and Charleston doesn't interest me. So that one leaves me feeling like "whatever".
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
I haven't heard anything about Freeport, but it would be nice to see another port on a DCL cruise especially if it's an 8 day sailing from NYC. At least it would be a different port than Nassau.

There are so many ports they could visit, it would be nice if they added more a year than to just 4 or 5 cruises every so often.
A Southern Carribean like the one I have booked for Feb 2013 on the Carnival Breeze would be nice, 8 nights, Grand Turks, DR, Curaco, & Aruba would be awesome! Other ports would be nice as well, they just need some variety!
__________________
YoHo YoHo a Slackers Cruise for Me

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #105
kmc33
DIS Veteran
 
kmc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
But then that would eliminate the possibility of doing Eastern / Western back-to-backs. I'm really thinking that might be what they do so they could cater to those who can only do 7 nights and to those who want longer.
I hope that DCL might consider something like they did this year if they want to offer 7 night cruises... there was something for everyone 7, 10 or 11. I would prefer longer than 7 night, yet to do 14 night by combining b2b is too long for us. With the time change to Europe, I like to have the option of going a few days early to get adjusted and we could not do that with 14 days at sea.
__________________
Kim
kmc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: