Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #76
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Book a cruise as far out as you can and when the new cruises come out, move the booking to the one you want.

The future cruise desk onboard can guide you through the process. It's called a "dummy cruise." You pay 10% of a future cruise, and if your 2013 cruise is more, then you pay the additional deposit when you switch dates, but still get the discount.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #77
NN24321
Earning My Ears

We just got back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan&Kimberly View Post
I cruise the end of the month on the Dream how will I book while I am onboard for the discounts when the 2013 rates are not out?
We went on the Alaskan Cruise Aug 16th. We told them we want to cruise in 2012. They book a cruise called a "hold" cruise. Our is in Dec 2012. When the new schedule comes out our travel agent will change it. We still get the discount and credits for booking on the ship.
NN24321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #78
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomK View Post
Does anyone know when the sail dates for 2013 will be posted?
We booked two dummies last Saturday when we were on the Dream with the intent of moving both. I asked the CM as part of a joke ('even if you knew you wouldn't be able to tell me, right?') and he suggested the end of October.

Total cost was something like $92 for the first, $96 for the second (cheap 3-nights toward the end of 2012).
Aug '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** Aug '10 - Wilderness Lodge ** Aug '10 Disney Wonder ** May '11 - POFQ ** Aug '11 Yacht Club ** Aug '11 Disney Dream (B2B) ** NCL Dawn (Bermuda) ** March '13 Disney Fantasy ** August '13 AoA

Me DW DD9 DD5
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #79
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Girl View Post
I wanted to do a Med cruise next year but they are not sailing there....so I emailed to ask if they might be in 2013 and all they could say was that they are looking at a number of options for 2013 and just keep looking at the site for up dates. So fingers crossed
There has been a lot of unrest in the Med this year and taking a year off seems to be a good decision on DCL's part. I also wonder how well those cruises sold as there were some really good deals offered--Kids Sale Free and the special discounted rooms that you paid in full and didn't get to select your stateroom, just inside, outside or veranda. I'm curious to see what 2013brings too.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #80
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinsrule View Post
We booked two dummies last Saturday when we were on the Dream with the intent of moving both. I asked the CM as part of a joke ('even if you knew you wouldn't be able to tell me, right?') and he suggested the end of October.

Total cost was something like $92 for the first, $96 for the second (cheap 3-nights toward the end of 2012).
How was the deposit so cheap are the prices cheaper booking on the cruise verses what is on the DCL website and was that down payment for 2ppl? Also do you lose the deposit if you cancel? I am trying to get all the information I can, because when I cruised on the Wonder I had no clue about any of this, if I had known I could have saved money on my Dream cruise!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #81
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How was the deposit so cheap are the prices cheaper booking on the cruise verses what is on the DCL website and was that down payment for 2ppl? Also do you lose the deposit if you cancel? I am trying to get all the information I can, because when I cruised on the Wonder I had no clue about any of this, if I had known I could have saved money on my Dream cruise!
The prices are cheaper when you book on board because you get a 10% discount on the cruise fare (you also get an onboard credit; the amount varies based on the length of the cruise and your castaway club status). But the deposit is also lower as you only have to deposit 10% of the cruise total (as opposed to the normal 20% cruise deposit). If you move your onboard booking to a more expensive cruise, you do have to pay the additional deposit to bring it back to 10% of the new total.

Normally, the deposit is refundable up until 75-90 days. There are exceptions like concierge cabins have non refundable deposits as does the Fantasy maiden voyage; and some special cruises may have to be paid in full earlier (like the Hawaii cruise).
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #82
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
We've sailed on DCL three times and I didn't have a clue about the discount until I started reading the DIS.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #83
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Thanks to all of you guys, I got everything worked out I will book 2 dummy cruises so that I can move them to 2013 but may keep one in 2012, wow I love the Dis, I have been on here for some years and I dont know why I had not looked into this onboard stuff and I know better cause I booked a future cruise onboard RCCL last December!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #84
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
We've sailed on DCL three times and I didn't have a clue about the discount until I started reading the DIS.
Then clearly you didn't read the literature they put in your stateroom! They put a future sailing brochure in your stateroom with the dates they have scheduled so far and a postcard that you can fill out to get a quote. They also have it posted in the Navigators to visit the future cruise desk and save on your next voyage.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #85
Mmorici
Earning My Ears

2013 cruise itinerary

Does anyone know when Disney will post 2013 itineraries?
Mmorici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #86
makaylee
DIS Veteran

Most people a speculating October.
Aug 7th 2010 DCL 11 Day Mediterranean
June 18th 2011 DCL 11 Day Mediterranean
makaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #87
stephe1987
Earning My Ears

I am hoping for an Eastern Caribbean cruise that stops in Nassau. We really want to do Atlantis, but we'd also like a longer cruise than just 4 days (or a 5 day that does two of the same stop). Especially since we live in California and we have to fly all the way across the country (long, expensive flight) just to get to the port. Maybe we can do a 4-day and then spend 2-3 days at Disney World.
stephe1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #88
stephe1987
Earning My Ears

oops
Old 09-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #89
stephe1987
Earning My Ears

I am hoping for at least a price range soon so we can start saving. The kids' passports expire in April of '14 so we need to do another cruise in summer '13.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #90
RJAYL
WDW Since 1971
BCV & BLT Member
Lesson? What Lesson? We are planning for a cruise full of Drinking & Debauchery!

Not to burst anyone's bubble but I just read a post by another TA (who has proven to be reliable in the past) that DCL may not be releasing the 2013 schedule for the Magic untill the spring!

Although they did suggest an Eastern Med Itinerary!

RJAYL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: