Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #601
axfather
Mouseketeer

trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
Also keep in mind that anyone you add later will be at that day's prices and NOT at your original booking prices
book extra unnamed passengers and then take them off before the penalty if there is no baby.
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #602
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

I wish we just had a date! If I just knew when I was going to be able to book, I would be much more content!

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #603
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjobe View Post
I wish we just had a date! If I just knew when I was going to be able to book, I would be much more content!
I agree. I feel like I am constantly checking the boards for fear I will miss something.
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #604
Tracykim
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOO ready to join a meet group!!! I REALLY wish they would post these darn dates!!!

OK, Vent over!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #605
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I'm ready too!

When the dates come out, how long do we have to decide before the prices go up? We are trying to book a cruise with my in laws but I know they are going to give me major grief booking two years in advance. It will probably take me a while to get them on board.

We have three kids so they said they would enjoy going with us and would keep our oldest in their room and we would just pay for her portion of the cruise. But, let's say they back out at the last minute - I assume we can't go either since we won't have space for my oldest without them being there. We went to Disney with them last year and we basically had to say we're making plans, either join us or don't but we're booking now. It was 4 months before we were planning to leave. I assume we would save money not having to book two cabins (having them keep dd in theirs) right?
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #606
LUVMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Well, it's another day folks and we are still waiting for those dates. Maybe I'm just too anxious, but I wish they would tell us.

LUVMICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #607
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I'm ready too!

When the dates come out, how long do we have to decide before the prices go up? We are trying to book a cruise with my in laws but I know they are going to give me major grief booking two years in advance. It will probably take me a while to get them on board.

We have three kids so they said they would enjoy going with us and would keep our oldest in their room and we would just pay for her portion of the cruise. But, let's say they back out at the last minute - I assume we can't go either since we won't have space for my oldest without them being there. We went to Disney with them last year and we basically had to say we're making plans, either join us or don't but we're booking now. It was 4 months before we were planning to leave. I assume we would save money not having to book two cabins (having them keep dd in theirs) right?
We have three kids, too and I prefer to have them all with me - there is plenty of room. Book an oceanview family deluxe cabin and there's room for five if your inlaws back out....then you can still go without having to deal with their issues.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #608
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I'm ready too!

You could always book DD with you and if your inlaws decide to sail either switch her over to their ressie or just change the sleeping arrangements while onboard. The only problem with switching her over to their ressie is that by the time they decide to book there may not be enough room at their muster station or enough room at whichever kid's club for her age group. I would just book the 5 of you in 1 room for now & if the inlaws decide to come make changes then.

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #609
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2tati View Post
You could always book DD with you and if your inlaws decide to sail either switch her over to their ressie or just change the sleeping arrangements while onboard. The only problem with switching her over to their ressie is that by the time they decide to book there may not be enough room at their muster station or enough room at whichever kid's club for her age group. I would just book the 5 of you in 1 room for now & if the inlaws decide to come make changes then.
I agree-we did this last summer- we switched one person from one room to another at port - not a problem.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #610
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by axfather View Post
book extra unnamed passengers and then take them off before the penalty if there is no baby.
Not sure you are allowed to book without providing names and birthdates anymore

As for 2013 Fantasy -- I saw an email from a TA today that the Fantasy itineraries are going to stay the same as they are for 2012.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #611
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Not sure you are allowed to book without providing names and birthdates anymore

As for 2013 Fantasy -- I saw an email from a TA today that the Fantasy itineraries are going to stay the same as they are for 2012.
now if we only had dates and prices so we could plan and get on with our lives...
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #612
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
now if we only had dates and prices so we could plan and get on with our lives...
It is hard to believe that they haven't even announced at least January through April of 2013 like so many other cruise lines have online now!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #613
dizkids
DIS Veteran

Waiting as well......
dizkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #614
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is hard to believe that they haven't even announced at least January through April of 2013 like so many other cruise lines have online now!
We are waiting for DCL and NCL to release their 2013 dates.

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #615
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

We haven't cruised yet, but want to try one in 2013. I am just wondering how much you truly save by booking early. Is it a matter of a couple hundred dollars, or is it significantly more? We would be 2A 2C (12 and 10 at the time of the cruise), and going for the cheapest stateroom, probably on the Fantasy, in June or July. It seems like I keep getting told to book early, but if I have to put down a huge chunk of change to book something that I'm only actually saving $100-200 on by booking early, I'd rather hold onto my money and book closer to a year out. Any suggestions?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: