Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #31
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I really want to take Nathaniel to Star Wars weekend.
Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you during marathon weekend!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #32
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Great pics! We have never been to Star Wars Weekend. Having boys all I can say is they would all love that. Me, well I'm not into it. I like to watch Say Yes to the Dress which they don't want to even set eyes on. Perhaps I should check out the dates for Star Wars Weekend next year. I'm not sure we can plan our trip around it or not. As for a PTR. That pretty much sums that up. I think I'd rather read others. Looking forward to more of your TR! Thanks for sharing!
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #33
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

i would love to go to Star Wars weekends sometime. How exciting that you got to catch a little of it this year. I love your husband's Star Wars shirt. Can't wait to hear how you like your hotel.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #34
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I really want to take Nathaniel to Star Wars weekend.
Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you during marathon weekend!!!

Amanda
Oh I hope we get to meet! Once it gets closer we'll have to compare schedules. Have a great time on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
Great pics! We have never been to Star Wars Weekend. Having boys all I can say is they would all love that. Me, well I'm not into it. I like to watch Say Yes to the Dress which they don't want to even set eyes on. Perhaps I should check out the dates for Star Wars Weekend next year. I'm not sure we can plan our trip around it or not. As for a PTR. That pretty much sums that up. I think I'd rather read others. Looking forward to more of your TR! Thanks for sharing!
My boys love SWW. I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan, but I think it is fun too. Just a fun atmosphere! I definitely understand not doing a PTR. I debated quite a while before starting the report. It is a bit of a commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
i would love to go to Star Wars weekends sometime. How exciting that you got to catch a little of it this year. I love your husband's Star Wars shirt. Can't wait to hear how you like your hotel.
You should try SWW. We didn't do much this year, but we had such a fabulous time in 2009! That is when DH got that shirt.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great start to your arrival. Love the PP pictures - this years and 2009!

I did not know that about the pizza. Good tip!

Looking forward to seeing your Bonnett Creek pictures.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #36
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Great Star Wars Weekends pictures, even if some of them are from last year! We went for the first time in June and had a blast, though it was pretty crowded. In response to your response to my response (that's confusing!), I think I should try and convince my parents to go down for marathon weekend sometime!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #37
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great start to your arrival. Love the PP pictures - this years and 2009!

I did not know that about the pizza. Good tip!

Looking forward to seeing your Bonnett Creek pictures.
I was very happy to discover that pizza. Pizza Planet is always such a madhouse. It's nice to find another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Great Star Wars Weekends pictures, even if some of them are from last year! We went for the first time in June and had a blast, though it was pretty crowded. In response to your response to my response (that's confusing!), I think I should try and convince my parents to go down for marathon weekend sometime!
SWW really is fun! I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but I just like the energy that is there!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #38
dismagiclover

Hilton Bonnet Creek

We headed out of Hollywood Studios and made the quick drive to Bonnet Creek. It really was a quick drive. It was almost right next door. We were impressed with the area as we pulled in. In the area is a Wydham timeshare resort as well as the complex with the Hilton and the Waldorf Astoria. We checked in and were told we’d gotten an upgrade. We had a theme park view! This place was looking better and better. So we headed up to the room. The room itself was nice. Pretty typical Hilton or Marriott décor.

Our picture window was exceptional though.

This is the view of the golf course

Here is the pool looking straight down.

Here is the view looking right.

I don’t have a great camera, but we could see Epcot, Hollywood Studios and even Expedition Everest in the distance. Too bad there was no balcony. I would have loved to sit out there at night and watch Illuminations. We could see it, but only through the window. So the kids were chomping at the bit to get into that pool so we headed down for a swim. What did we think? It was an awesome pool. The lazy river went all the way around and it was shallow enough that even Michael could touch the bottom. We had a great time! There was a decent slide too. It was comparable to the slide at OKW. I didn’t take my camera to the pool, but here are a few pictures from other threads.

This is the pool bar. They also served some light fare such as sandwiches.

This place offered tube rental. We rented tubes the next day for the Lazy River and it was awesome!

There was also a couple of firepits by the pool and they were selling s’mores packets. So we bought some overpriced s’mores. (I think a packet with fixings for 3 s’mores was $10.)

They were yummy and it was a fun way to end the evening. After our snack we headed up to the room to get some zzzzzz. Tomorrow was our first full Disney day!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
cdotla
Trish

Yay...another Darling TR! Bonnett Creek looks great. I also can't wait to see the 1 bedroom at OKW as we will be there shortly ourselves for the 1st time!

Yay to you for planning and organizing such a last-minute trip!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #40
MEK
DIS Veteran

Bonnet Creek looks very nice. I think its probably a great deal when you've run out of DVC points and don't want to downsize to a regular room.

Thanks for posting all the pix. The pool looks great. I will definitely keep it in mind for when I need a "big room" to stay in. Cool theme park view.

Yummy smores!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #41
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to read another one of your trip reports!

I rarely read the trip reports and I just stopped over to see if there was anything that sounded interesting and there you were...

Well, I guess I will be on the trip report threads again for awhile.

My favorite of your TR's was the beach club one. This will be fun!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #42
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Are you going to do a PTR?
I think so....still not sure though. If I do I probably won't start it until I am much closer to the trip. I don't think I could think of enough things to talk about this far out.

Glad you were able to make it to SWW! Loved looking at all your old pics!! Such great memories! Oh and I know what you mean about Pizza Planet. I'm glad to hear that there are other places to get pizza in DHS that are not quite so busy!!!

Bonnet Creek looks like a really nice resort...especially for the price! I would love the Lazy River!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #43
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

The resort looks very nice. I think you made a great decision. Theme park view, wow!

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #44
BookTrout
Earning My Ears

I agree; what a view!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #45
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Yay...another Darling TR! Bonnett Creek looks great. I also can't wait to see the 1 bedroom at OKW as we will be there shortly ourselves for the 1st time!

Yay to you for planning and organizing such a last-minute trip!
Hey Trish! You will love the 1 bedroom at OKW! It is so spacious! Pictures do not do it justice. The living area seemed twice as big as the other DVCs we've been in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Bonnet Creek looks very nice. I think its probably a great deal when you've run out of DVC points and don't want to downsize to a regular room.

Thanks for posting all the pix. The pool looks great. I will definitely keep it in mind for when I need a "big room" to stay in. Cool theme park view.

Yummy smores!
We stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek which is just a regular room, but it's a nice regular room. (Pretty much just what you expect from a Hilton or Marriott.) Wydham Bonnet Creek is the timeshare with the 2 bedrooms with full kitchens. We may stay there sometime too, but to get the good deals from them you have to go through owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
I am so excited to read another one of your trip reports!

I rarely read the trip reports and I just stopped over to see if there was anything that sounded interesting and there you were...

Well, I guess I will be on the trip report threads again for awhile.

My favorite of your TR's was the beach club one. This will be fun!
Thank you so much! You are good for my confidence, though I do feel like I should warn you. I don't think this report is going to live up to my previous ones. It was a good trip, but it wasn't like some of our other trips. (That beach club trip definitely ranks as one of the best.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I think so....still not sure though. If I do I probably won't start it until I am much closer to the trip. I don't think I could think of enough things to talk about this far out.

Glad you were able to make it to SWW! Loved looking at all your old pics!! Such great memories! Oh and I know what you mean about Pizza Planet. I'm glad to hear that there are other places to get pizza in DHS that are not quite so busy!!!

Bonnet Creek looks like a really nice resort...especially for the price! I would love the Lazy River!
I'll be keeping an eye out for that pre trippie. I was very happy to avoid Pizza Planet this trip. That place is always a madhouse! And that lazy river was pretty heavenly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
The resort looks very nice. I think you made a great decision. Theme park view, wow!
We were all pretty pleased with the resort! Wendy still talks about how comfy the beds were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookTrout View Post
I agree; what a view!
The view was fabulous! I just wish there had been a balcony to sit on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: