Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #151
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

That is too funny that you guys stayed all squished together in the room, I wonder what happened to poor Mickey

I have never been to the Main Street Bakery, I need to make a trip there next time!!

OKW is just beautiful!!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #152
okw19
DIS Veteran

Nothing better than a night in at OKW.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #153
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Isn't it funny how you can just tell with certain people that "this is definitely not the job for you". Makes me laugh everytime! Imagine the stress they must be under getting up and going to work everyday I could just picture that whol scenerio in my mind

Great pictures though!! We didn't even think to go in there to see them
I hope for that poor CMs sake that it was just a bad day. It gave us something to laugh about though. The new set up for Mickey and Minnie was really cute. We also went and saw the princesses later in the trip. They didn't have any special backrounds. Just those plain old curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
That is too funny that you guys stayed all squished together in the room, I wonder what happened to poor Mickey

I have never been to the Main Street Bakery, I need to make a trip there next time!!

OKW is just beautiful!!
I don't think we will ever learn what really happened to Mickey The Main Street Bakery is definitely worth a stop. Though it's still not quite a must do like a Dole Whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Nothing better than a night in at OKW.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #154
dismagiclover

Day 6: Animal Kingdom Here We Come!

I donít quite know what happened this day, but we didnít even come close to making rope drop. That is very unusual for the Darling Family. We must have slept in a bit, ate breakfast in the room and just succumbed to the relaxing vibe of Old Key West. We pulled into the Animal Kingdom parking lot after 10:00. We definitely werenít alone. Here is a shot while we were waiting to go through the turnstiles.

Notice Johnís Hidden Mickey book. We started searching for Hidden Mickeyís in our January trip and the kids really loved it. So John was studying up. First stop once we made it in the park.

Family photos. What else? First ride this morning was Kali River Rapids. We hadnít gone on this ride in January (for obvious reasons) so we were excited. While we waited in line we searched for Hidden Mickeys. We found some too, but the camera was already stowed away in a baggie so we donít have any pictures. Just trust me. There are Hidden Mickeyís in the Kali River ride. This was a great ride, and we all ended up wet. Some more than others, of course. From the looks of the pictures John ended up pretty wet. So after the ride guess what DH did. Picked up some fast passes. We then sent him off to Expedition Everest. We stopped at one of the Discovery Stations.

These are always interesting. I often think it would be fun to try and get to all of the stations. Maybe one of these trips. Not in the summer though. This park is always too hot in the summer. Anyway we began walking toward our next destination when I spotted a Photopass guy. My boys were beginning to revolt a bit about all the picture stops. I had to think of a way to get them back on board with the Photopass thing. All of a sudden a brilliant idea popped into my head. The boys could get their own Photopass cards. Then they will feel ownership and want to use them. So I suggested it. Did they go for it?

Absolutely. They loved the idea. They loved it so much that they spent the rest of the trip forcing the Photopass photographers to take 2 sets of pictures. One with each card. The photographers would always look at me questioningly. I would just tell them to go with it. So here are some of the pictures we got at this session. (I say some because believe me we will have plenty of pictures for the rest of the trip.)

Mission Accomplished. I had now created 2 more Photopass addicts.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #155
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I LOVE photopass and I am so glad to hear that you got the kids on board with it too
Old 09-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #156
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

great idea with the photopass cards

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #157
okw19
DIS Veteran

That's a genius idea with the Photopass cards!!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #158
MEK
DIS Veteran

I agree - quite the stroke of genius with the two cards! Great idea!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #159
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post

Notice Johnís Hidden Mickey book. We started searching for Hidden Mickeyís in our January trip and the kids really loved it. So John was studying up. First stop once we made it in the park.
I just bought the Hidden Mickey book to try out on our upcoming trip, glad to hear you guys liked using it! I knew there were Hidden Mickeys and Donalds, but Goofys and Tinkerbells? Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post

Mission Accomplished. I had now created 2 more Photopass addicts.
Love the Photopass pictures! I just preordered my Photopass CD, it'll be my first trip using Photopass, can't wait!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #160
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Very very smart of you to give the kids their own Photopass cards to use. Are you sure you were an art major and not a psychology major?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #162
MEK
DIS Veteran

I think I read all your last posts when I couldn't see your pics. I just looked at your pics and they are lovely, especially the dusk and evening pictures from OKW. I can't wait to get there and take some of my own!!!!

The PP are also super adorable. I love, love, love the simba and stitch shots. Nice!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 09-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #163
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

We haven't been to Main Street Bakery yet. That ice cream cookie looks delicious. I'll have to plan in a stop the next time we go to MK. Great pics with Mickey and Minnie. But...I wonder what happened to Mickey for the CM to cause such a commotion.

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening at OKW! Love the backpacks! What a great job!

What a great idea getting the kids their own photopass card! Aww...the pictures turned out so cute!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #164
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I LOVE photopass and I am so glad to hear that you got the kids on board with it too
Anything for photopass photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
great idea with the photopass cards
Either a great idea or a sign of a photopass addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
That's a genius idea with the Photopass cards!!
I must say, I thought it was pretty genius myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I agree - quite the stroke of genius with the two cards! Great idea!
The only problem was we ended up with multiple pictures of every shot! I'm sure we drove the photographers crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I just bought the Hidden Mickey book to try out on our upcoming trip, glad to hear you guys liked using it! I knew there were Hidden Mickeys and Donalds, but Goofys and Tinkerbells? Who knew?

Love the Photopass pictures! I just preordered my Photopass CD, it'll be my first trip using Photopass, can't wait!
The Hidden Mickey book really is fun! It really makes me appreciate those Disney details! for preordering the CD. That is the way to go. I've always loved using photopass!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #165
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Very very smart of you to give the kids their own Photopass cards to use. Are you sure you were an art major and not a psychology major?
I did take one psych class in college and I remember doing very well in it. Maybe I chose the wrong major!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I love how each child got a different character....I love those pictures! Sounds like a great morning and KRR is one of our favorites too! I always seem to be in THAT seat though
I liked how each kid got a different special effect too. For the life of me I can't figure out why we didn't take one of all the kids together though The boys must have wanted only individual pictures on their cards at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think I read all your last posts when I couldn't see your pics. I just looked at your pics and they are lovely, especially the dusk and evening pictures from OKW. I can't wait to get there and take some of my own!!!!

The PP are also super adorable. I love, love, love the simba and stitch shots. Nice!
So jealous that you are heading to OKW! I just love that place! I hope you to a trip report and I get to see those beautiful pictures you'll take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
We haven't been to Main Street Bakery yet. That ice cream cookie looks delicious. I'll have to plan in a stop the next time we go to MK. Great pics with Mickey and Minnie. But...I wonder what happened to Mickey for the CM to cause such a commotion.

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening at OKW! Love the backpacks! What a great job!

What a great idea getting the kids their own photopass card! Aww...the pictures turned out so cute!!!
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who never made it into Main Street Bakery. I loved our time we spent at OKW. Relaxing at the resort is becoming one of my favorite parts of our Disney vacations. That set of photopass pictures really did turn out cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: