Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
dduckfan1
Earning My Ears

Question November crowds

DH and I are going with his family to DL in November. We'll be getting there the sunday after thanksgiving. I know that the holidays can bring in alot of people. I'm just wondering if anyone has been right after the thanksgiving holiday and can tell me what to expect crowd-wise. Thanks!
dduckfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Sunday will be busy but the week days will be fairly light, if this year is anything like previous years.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Supposedly, that week immediately following Thanksgiving weekend is delightful, crowd-wise. That week and the first full week of December are supposed to be great for getting the complete holiday experience (meaning everything is decorated, including the hotels; all the holiday entertainment is running and all the treats are on sale, etc.), with lower crowds.

It's still the holiday season, of course, so the parks won't be empty, but I guess, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense that the crowds would be a bit lighter during this week. People will have just returned back to work and school after their Thanksgiving holidays, and it will be too early for many people to be off of work and school for the Christmas break. It's a really good in-between-holidays time to go.

This is going to be my first year going during that post-Thanksgiving time (I'm usually a 'mid-December trip' person), and I'm going then largely based on what I've heard on this forum about what a great time it is. I do notice that several people on our Christmas Superthread have mentioned that they, too, are going to be at DLR during that same week, so it seems like many of us have the same idea!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

That's the week we are going, I sure hope it's light crowds!

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
dduckfan1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
This is going to be my first year going during that post-Thanksgiving time (I'm usually a 'mid-December trip' person), and I'm going then largely based on what I've heard on this forum about what a great time it is. I do notice that several people on our Christmas Superthread have mentioned that they, too, are going to be at DLR during that same week, so it seems like many of us have the same idea!
I guess there are some that have the same idea. I'm just excited to see DL decorated for the holidays. I've never been during that time of year so I'm really excited!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
purplecrush
Mouseketeer

We are actually going to Disneyland next November, so I have some time still ..but I was going to post this exact question. We normally go in the summer, but I want the Christmas experience!! I cant wait!!

purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

First post, yay!

We went this time last year, arrived Sunday evening after T-day and stayed 5 days. The crowds were still noticable Sunday evening, but not horrific. There were still some holdovers on Monday, but pretty pleasant.

Tuesday through Friday afternoon were spectacular days. Very light crowds, many rides had 5-10 minute waits, Pirates and HM were constant walk ons.

There were some pretty decent discounts on DL hotels the weeks between holidays. I think we had 40% off at the GCH.
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

I have heard that this is the prime time to go as well! We will be arriving Sunday after Thanksgiving also. I originally planned to spend Turkey Day at DLR, but then I received a pin code via mail for these dates. 35% off onsite hotels? Oh Yeah!!! I am looking forward to our first visit during the holidays and if the crowds are moderate we should be able to really soak in the special holiday offerings! Still holding out hope that one day DLR will have a Mickey's Merry Christmas Party!!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

we are going November 16-19 any idea how the crowds are then?

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
dduckfan1
Earning My Ears

Update...

Going the sunday after thanksgiving was the best!! That sunday was a little busy but not bad. We stayed until the friday after and it wasn't busy at all. The longest wait we had for lines was maybe 20-25 min and that was for star tours, which seemed like the most popular ride d/t the fact that the re-furb is still new to people.
Excellent time to go to get the Christmas feel without the christmas crowds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: