Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

Will you just look at this, I said.

her: what's the problem?

me: Isn't it obvious? Look at all this light already coming
through the window!

Smidgy: Yes, nice to leave at a normal time for a change.

me: It's WRONG I tell you, it's just WRONG! And it's
getting all over me!

Diane: It's fine, for once we don't have to pretend to be nocturnal, so where's the bag?

me: What bag?

she who must not be disturbed: DON"T MESS WITH ME,
WHERE IS IT?

nebo: Ok, ok, it's downstairs.

I think.

her: SHOW ME, better yet, let's both of us walk it out to the '
car right now!

me: Really, it's ok, I won't forget it ag....

Godzilla: What part of "Now" didn't you understand?

"Do you have everything packed in it that needs to be?" she asked again.

"Yeppers, here, look,,,,,bps...ibuprofen,,,, camera,,,,eye pills....case for the aids,,,,,,,, and the vikes."

"Ok, now, walk in front of me and place it behind the seat where the bag usually goes."

"Don't you mean, "Where the sun doesn't shine", I cleverly responded.

"That was going to be my next suggestion."

"C'mon, this isn't really necessary, I'm not gonna forget.."

"MOVE"! "One, two threee four. There she was, just a walkin down the street singin Do wah Diddy Diddy dum DIddy do."

I tucked it into it's little spot behind the seat and turned around and held my hands up.
"All gone."

"Ok, so the bag can't be forgotten this trip?" she asked.

"That's the facts, Jack!"

With that,we returned to finsish up packing and getting ready to leave.

The above confrontation, I mean conversation, did not happen.

Yet.

But it's waiting in the wings, oh boy, it's waiting.

That's because we haven't left yet, gotta couple of weeks away to kill for now, but I'm sure it will come out sounding close to what you just read.

It's my fault:
Last July we left at 3:30 in the morning, our usual time,
and at 161 miles away, I realized with the sickest of feelings that I had left behind my bathroom bag, the bag that contains everything in the world important to me.

After much rapid fire discussion and thought, as we're are still traveling at 70mph down the road, I realized I had to turn around and go back and get it, so exactly 6 hours later and 331 miles later, we pulled back into the driveway with me still shaking and unable to wipe that bit of drool still clinging to my chin.

Needless to say, she was not going to go through that again.

So, let me share our plans with you.

Sep. 6,7,8,,,,,,,,,,Caribbean Beach Resort with no park days scheduled, just a lot of hangin by the pool, maybe dinner at DD, and hopefully some karaoke at the Swan.

Wait, wait, come back! Ok, we'll leave out the karaoke part.

Then, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, and 14th at Bay Lake Towers, it looks like it will be with a Lake View.

And finally, the 15th thru the 20th at AKL, Jambo House, standard room.
Yep, that's 15 total nights in Disney, and would you believe it, two days after I paid the Disney MYW package, the "no going back" stage of a trip,,,,,, Universal sent us a postcard for 40% off Royal Pacific or Hard Rock.
Not sure what we would have done if we had gotten that one a tad earlier.

Oh, and about the title?

No, that's not Pirates of the Caribbean, it's P.O.T.C......I think the better acronym would be Paying off the Cards,,,as in Credit!

"On Stranger Rides" kind of speaks for itself:
There will be a few things there on this trip that we havent' seen the new versions of yet,,,,,,,new lines at Pooh and Haunted Mansion, new Star Tours ride in 3-D, new Tiki Birds,,,,, ok, OLD Tiki Birds,,, not sure what else offhand.

But there will be one huge difference concerning the "rides", and that is me, the ride down there.

This will be my 15th time driving this 2500 mile round trip, and recently I've started having some severe eye problems that will have me basically doing it with one eye tied behind my back. This is why we're waiting for daylight before we leave, and yes, it rubs me the wrong way, but, "Oh well." Before you ask, yes, Diane does most of the driving around town and such, but she's not a highway driver and it's best to leave it that way. Besides, I have always loved the drive down, I just might have to pay a bit more attentiion this time. Luckily, we know this route like the back of our hands. (wait a minute, where did all these dark spots come from?)

We would love to hear from any of you that might be down there when we are, and certainly hope you'll check in often once we get this report under way for good. I think I can guarantee there will be some blood on this trip, some pain, also, always is,,,,,,,but we can always count on a bunch of laughs, that's got to be a "Given" here or I'm not playin'.
And yes, she will laugh when later on she reads that part where I referred to her as Godzilla, right? RIGHT?

nebo/steve/heyyou

Last edited by nebo; 03-26-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

First....

Should of been there. Have a Happy Birthday drink of the 6th for me.
Makes me so sad even typing it.

Last edited by OhMari; 08-19-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I won't tell anyone that you : Nebo was sneaking in as Smidgy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm joining! I've read your other TR's and you crack me up. Decided to de-lurk this time! I got in early.....sweet.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Moosemomma
Mouseketeer

Yay, a Nebo trip report!
I was seriously thinking earlier tonight as I was reading another trip report that it must be time for a new Nebo report

Hope you are doing well!

Off site (High School, Disney Magic Music Days) 1991
Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon ) June 1998
Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005
Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Port Orleans Riverside November 2011

back to living vicariously through other's trips til I can plan my own again
Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Ethan789
Earning My Ears

I can apply to join it.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Alright Nebo! This is going to be good, I just have a feeling. You and Smidgy have a great time! I'm so sad we won't get to meet you guys this time, but maybe it will work for next year. I'm just looking forward to the laughs ahead!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #7
smidgy
dimples

ahem: godzilla here

ok, you left out the most important change, but I guess you are leaving that for later, so I will not ruin it for you. some of you already know this monumentous difference in this trip, but let's let nebo tel it in his own way. I think you;ll agree (and I do so grudgingly), he does have a way with words.
so, with no further ado,let me get this out of the way as soon as possible:... ouch! that hurt!

godzilla (I liked Dobby better) wants to know why you posted that really cute picture of me, than posted a "fat" picture. you should know better. Oh! I know why.. because YOU look good in that shot.
(and the battle begins, my friends.....)

adn, since I have to rise early in the morning, I had NO intention of getting on the computer tonight after work.. till I saw your note.. Ok I'm here.. let's get this party started.
I did miss a lot of you!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I'm here, I'm here! Let the trip begin!!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #9
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

YAY- I'm here now, can't wait to hear all about this trip, and hopefully I won't fall off the face of the earth this time.

Still taking the Santa Fe down? Trying to talk Mark into driving ours in Dec for our trip..I just keep saying Nebo does it all the time!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 08-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'll admit, I lurked on your past TR and loved it, so I'm definitely joining in to this one! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

I'm here for the fun!

My news is that we put a deposit down for Sept. 15-22, 2012 at POFQ for our 4th anniversary! Can't wait. It will be our first mod and non value. Hopefully they come out with free dining, cause if they don't we will have to downgrade to pop or music.

Did I make the first page?

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
Old 08-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I'm glad you and Smidgey are back! I missed you! 15 days - lots of adventures coming your way!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

YAY! I am so happy to see a new nebo/smidgy report. We were so blessed to meet you both, I can't wait to read more.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

T_Man reporting for duty SIR!

I'm glad you decided to do a pre-trip/trip report. It will be fun to read about the adventures of the non-smoking Nebo & Smidgy.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Hey, great to see some new people I don't recognize, and great to see some old friends back here too.
Welcome to all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: