Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #31
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Thanks! I do realize that, we already talked to our planner about this. We told her that he is a good friend of ours and will be doing some photos there for us but without all his equipment. She said that was fine. We are counting him in our guest count and we have also made him aware of the rules so that he is careful about what he brings that night. He is going to shoot with a professional camera that many of us could easily buy. I have seen many people with these types of cameras so it shouldn't be an issue. To everyone else it should look like its our father or something taking some photos of us throughout EPCOT. But thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

That's great!!! I am glad you cleared it with your planner, I would hate for anything to go wrong for you on the actual day!!! I suspected that you probably already knew what the rules were, but wanted to be sure!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #33
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Thanks!!! Hopefully my plan works but my planner has the heads up so everything should be ok
Old 09-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #34
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Hi Ashley! I've been following along and love reading your plans! We are from CT also and planning our wedding in May! We are also bringing our photographer down with us! Can't wait to hear more about everything as it gets closer!!

An idea for you, we are inviting around the same amount of people, all also flying from CT. Not sure where in CT you are or what airport you are using, but JetBlue out of Hartford (or White Plains actually) you can setup a discounted group fare- if you can pick a flight at least 10 people will take, they only have to give a $50 deposit and then pay the rest 30 days before they fly. (http://jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/groups/leisure.asp) (I just submitted a quote for our May trip). Southwest out of Hartford also offers group discounts over 10 or more and you have to give 10% of the group total up front. Might be something to look into even if just for your families! (Southwest you have to call, they don't have an email - # 1 (800) 433-5368)
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #35
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Hi! We are from Somers, not sure if know where that is but is up by the Massachusetts boarder. Where in CT are you from?

Thanks for the information on the air, we will be leaving from Hartford! My mom actually owns her own travel agency so she held us group space on Delta a while back. At that point jet blue hadn't come out with their air schedule for December. But we got Delta for $198 which is really good!! She held seats on the tuesday, wednesday and thursday flight for people. As long as everyone booked through this group they got there air for that price no matter how much it may be going for at the time they decide to book. I believe everyone had to put down a $25 deposit which is nice too. I was totally shocked with the amount of people we having going down, I really thought it would just be immediate family and a few friends.

Good luck with your planning, this site is amazing. There is so many things you can learn on here and ideas to get! Where is your wedding going to be?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
Hi! We are from Somers, not sure if know where that is but is up by the Massachusetts boarder. Where in CT are you from?

Thanks for the information on the air, we will be leaving from Hartford! My mom actually owns her own travel agency so she held us group space on Delta a while back. At that point jet blue hadn't come out with their air schedule for December. But we got Delta for $198 which is really good!! She held seats on the tuesday, wednesday and thursday flight for people. As long as everyone booked through this group they got there air for that price no matter how much it may be going for at the time they decide to book. I believe everyone had to put down a $25 deposit which is nice too. I was totally shocked with the amount of people we having going down, I really thought it would just be immediate family and a few friends.

Good luck with your planning, this site is amazing. There is so many things you can learn on here and ideas to get! Where is your wedding going to be?
That is amazing!! DF and I currently live in Middletown, but I grew up in Bolton Not too far! I am interested to see how many people we get too, everyone says they're excited to go at this point, but not sure if that will wear off or they'll actually come. I guess we'll see! I'm enjoying watching your plans that seem somewhat similar!! Our whole wedding is at the BW- ceremony on the Croquet Lawn and reception in the BW ballroom. We are going down in three weeks and can't wait to check everything out!! I love this site and think I would be completely in the dark about so much without it!!
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #37
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Oh very cool, not to far from one another. Yea I am wondering the same thing. We got the hotel update sent to us recently and there aren't as many rooms booked as we thought. So it will be interesting to see if some people just said and then when actually thinking about everything won't be coming. We send out invites hopefully next week so will get better idea over the next few weeks of who really decides to come. Croquet lawn is really pretty! A site visit is exciting, have fun! You will have to share more details after you go.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I finally got our hotels situated for the wedding. Originally we were booked at Boardwalk for the first part of trip and then switching to the Grand Floridian from wedding night on. However, we need to try and save a little money and I am being a little bitter about staying at the Grand with the construction haha. We also had a change in our flight we were suppose to leave Tuesday morning the 29th with a direct flight. They added a connection so without penalty we were able to change our flight to November 27th. Now we will go down with my parents and aunt and uncle. We will have a little bit of relaxing time before everyone gets there Tuesday and Wednesday which is nice. We also have things that we will be able to get done while our guests are not there. We start off at the All Star Music for 2 nights because those are two added nights so wanted to make cheap, then we go to the Boardwalk with most of our guests, and finally once everyone leaves we go to Port Orleans. My mom owns a travel agency so I get travel agent rates at all these resorts so in the end I ended up saving us $2700. DF was very happy with me In the end we really don't spend much time in the hotel so I don't really care. So our schedule looks like this now:

November 27th: Arrive All Star Music, Hollywood Studios-Brown Derby @3:30

November 28th: Girls get massages at AKL and guys golf

November 29th: (Switch to Boardwalk) Most of the guests arrive mid afternoon, Mickey's Xmas party at Magic Kingdom

November 30th: Animal Kingdom, Tusker House @10

December 1st: Rehearsal AM, EPCOT Welcome party at France 7-10

December 2nd: WEDDING DAY!!!!

December 3rd: MK for Taping of Xmas parade/Hollywoods Studios

December 4th: (Most of our guests leave) Relax/Downtown Disney

December 5th: Relax/Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace @ 6

December 6th: (Switch to Port Orleans) Magic Kingdom photos, California Grill @9:10

December 7th: Animal Kingdom AM, EPCOT PM, Garden Grill @ 5:55

December 8th: Keys to the Kingdom Tour @ 9:30, Cinderella's Castle @ 3:50

December 9th: Home

This is almost finalized. I want to add a couple more dinning reservations though. I really wanted a reservation at Narcoossees but I can't seem to get one. I am also trying to think of some others that I haven't tried yet.

Other updates: I finally found shoes for my wedding dress. This has been a long process. I have searched high and low! I didn't want a real high heel because I knew my feet would kill me after an hour and of course that is all you can find out there. I finally found shoes through sears.com. They have hundreds. The picture almost has them looking silver but they are actually white.

I also got my dress for the welcome dinner which I wasn't planning on buying because I already had a dress. I saw this and decided to just try it on and really liked it so I bought figuring if I change my mind I'll just return it. I just need shoes for it. I am also trying to find some kind of jacket or sweater for it since it could be pretty cool at night. So part of me isn't sure if I should even wear a dress???

I also ordered a little white dress from Alfred Angelo about a month ago, which I originally planned on wearing to the Welcome Party but then decided I would change into it after the wedding when we go out. Again it will probably be cool out so I don't know if that is a good idea or not. I'm also worried that we could be really tired and decide not to go out afterwards, which then means it was a waste of money. So i need to figure out what to do with these two dresses; quite the dilemma!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #39
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Enjoy your posts!

Hi Ashley. I just started following your thread today. You really have provided us with SO much great information. My fiance and I are getting married 10-14-12 at WP & ADH. I am thrilled. Your information is very helpful to our planning. I have to say that I almost passed out when I saw the BEO....WOWZERS. We have a budget of $30,000 and I am scared we won't be able to do everything we want.

Since your BEO was a draft I was curious if that included everything? From the venues to the food to the extras? We aren't having a welcome party (great idea btw, love that, wish we could have one!) so hopefully we won't break the $30,000 budget.

I enjoy your posts and look forward to following you on this journey! Congrats on your Happily Ever After!
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #40
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Hi Ashley. I just started following your thread today. You really have provided us with SO much great information. My fiance and I are getting married 10-14-12 at WP & ADH. I am thrilled. Your information is very helpful to our planning. I have to say that I almost passed out when I saw the BEO....WOWZERS. We have a budget of $30,000 and I am scared we won't be able to do everything we want.

Since your BEO was a draft I was curious if that included everything? From the venues to the food to the extras? We aren't having a welcome party (great idea btw, love that, wish we could have one!) so hopefully we won't break the $30,000 budget.

I enjoy your posts and look forward to following you on this journey! Congrats on your Happily Ever After!
Congratulations!!! I know the BEO seems crazy. We had a budget of 40,000 and that included the welcome party which DH's parents are paying for. We came in almost 10,000 over budget but that was because we started at the top with things and knew we could cut from there. The one I posted includes everything; venues, food, welcome party, ect. Keep in mind right away you can take off $6500 for the welcome party. We also have 85 guests going so I don't know how many you have. We are working on bringing down our dinner price and we are cutting some of the extras like the champagne toast which was about $800 for only a half glass. We decided everyone can toast with our signature drink which will be included in bar package. We are also cutting an hour from the bar. We are going to close for 1/2 between cocktail and reception while everyone filters downstairs and introductions and first dance take place. We are also closing it last 1/2 hour of the night. When I get the new BEO I will post the full details of what is included in all the prices such as what we are getting for food ect. I also chose some the more expensive flowers so your floral doesn't need to be that much. The other thing to keep in mind is that you can keep going back and fourth on your BEO until you get it to a point that you feel comfortable. If you have any specific questions with some of the stuff in our beo or on anything else let me know!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #41
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Very slowly I am getting things knocked off my to-do list. I contacted several makeup and hair stylists yesterday. I originally was going to use Niki Bryan with Disney just to make it easier, one less thing to go research. However, I didn't realize the updo prices on there website were not for weddings. Since I am paying for all the girls hair I am not spending $100pp plus tip. I contacted Beaute Special, Professional Elegance and Lejeune Artistry. They are all much more reasonable! I am thinking we are going to go with Lejeune but I am hoping to find some more reviews on here first. My MOH is also a hair stylist so she will be doing the flower girls, junior bridesmaid and my mom. I was planning on having her do my hair as well but she won't be here for our MK bridal shoot so I am starting to think I should have the same person do both so I get the same style. Now I just have to find some hair styles. I know I want it curly and I'm thinking half up. I also contacted Carolyn Allen's for dress steaming; that is now booked! I have been working on my newsletter for the welcome packets as well today. That is coming along slowly. Tonight I need to work on getting more organized with the wedding stuff. I need to get a lot of confirmation stuff printed and put into a folder so I make sure I have everything when we get down there. The days are slipping away fast!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #42
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Yay DF and I finally had our engagement photos today!!! This was the third attempt and the weather finally cooperated. It was a perfect day to shoot, it was a great temperature and the clouds were great for photos. We spent 3 hours with our photographer shooting all over the New London, CT area. We did some shots walking along the streets with graffiti walls. Then we went to the train station and did a few photos there. From there we went to an abandoned lighthouse. It was amazing, so beautiful. It was really windy here so hopefully we got some good pics, my hair was blowing everywhere. The views were amazing though! Then it was off to Harkness State Park. We did some great photos along the grounds of this old mansion. We then walked down to the beach area and did some beautiful shots there. It was great to work with our photographer. We learned a lot for the wedding. We were both a little uncomfortable at first but by the end Bob told us we were pros! He said we got some great shots and will be really happy when we see them. By the time we were done Df and i were exhausted. I can't wait to see the photos
Old 09-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #43
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just jumping in but I got excited--- you must live near where I used to! I grew up in Norwich! :D

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #44
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

I love your planning journal so far, can't wait to see how everything turns out!
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #45
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Just jumping in but I got excited--- you must live near where I used to! I grew up in Norwich! :D
Oh very cool! I grew up in Somers which is on the boarder of MA but we are living in Vernon now so about an hour from Norwich!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: