Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #16
ginna74
WDW GUEST WANNA BE
...but today, I will have to settle for Valleyfair and Camp Snoopy

Sense I have stepped foot in Minnesota my inlaws have tried to with all of their might to break me and hubby up. They <cast of characters are SIL, MIL, another evil SIL, possibly two other SILs, friends of evil SIL, BIL and more I do not know of> have lied to other inlaws <started rumors about me> and even have called social services and lied about me <they will get in trouble for false reporting if they do it again>. I am known to be a stripper to people who come to the door LOL. Another inlaw put something online and put my name to it a long time ago. They like to talk about me being necked a lot. They even went as far as lying <wait this is so stupid> about my 5 year old daughter to social services too <she is not his biologically>. They did talk about her for years but they hated me more so when I sent her to live her biological father they suddenly had an interest in her and told her they loved her and now she thinks they always loved her I believe to get to me of course. They were able to continue to mess with my family as my husband never really cut them off completely and went behind my back to see them. So it was bad for many years. We finally found family that wasn't so dramatic and that we could go to on holidays and not on holidays too and they were nice and cool <one of hubbys dad's many sibling's families>. Well that was going well and sure the "inlaws" are still at it as always and that will never change but our marriage is now over and it has nothing to do with them and it has everything to do with hubby. Maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
Karibeth19
My favorite things:
Walt Disney World and Oklahoma Sooner Football!

When DH and I were newlyweds, my FIL invited us to their house for a weekend because he had scheduled a family portrait session. We pack up, drive 8 hours to their house, get all dressed up, and head out to the session. It was there that he chose to inform us that the portraits were to be of "his" family...just him, MIL, DH and SIL. Soooo, I sat over to the side, all dressed up, watching them take the pictures. DH did speak up and said, "I'd like some with my wife included!", to which FIL said, "Oh, well, of course. We want one with her, too." So, that's what they took...one picture. And, when the portraits were ready, guess which one was hung in their house, and guess which one was given to DH's grandparents for Christmas?? (DH's grandmother opened it in front of everyone, and immediately asked why I wasn't in it. Love that woman!)

It's been a bit of a roller coaster relationship since then...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise-Montreal View Post
My husband had been in the hospital for a few days with a sore back (they did not visit) was eventually diagnosed with Stage Four Cancer. My husband phoned to tell his parents. They (live five minutes from the hospital) came to pick up the his car keys to move his car which was in their driveway(long story) and then went out to dinner. I had to go down to the entrance of the hospital to give them the keys.

Can anyone top this??????
Horrible.

My in laws are irritating and have even said/done some hurtful things over the years, but NOTHING in comparison to these stories. I'm almost feeling thankful for them.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #19
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Belle View Post
Horrible.

My in laws are irritating and have even said/done some hurtful things over the years, but NOTHING in comparison to these stories. I'm almost feeling thankful for them.
Yeah...me too. Since DH and I dated for 7 years before we got married, most of the horrible IL stories are from then. Since we've been married 21 years next month, my IL are pretty well broken in by now. I try not to hold grudges. However, they had never done anything remotely resembling the conduct on this thread. I think I'll go hug my MIL when I see her tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibeth19 View Post
When DH and I were newlyweds, my FIL invited us to their house for a weekend because he had scheduled a family portrait session. We pack up, drive 8 hours to their house, get all dressed up, and head out to the session. It was there that he chose to inform us that the portraits were to be of "his" family...just him, MIL, DH and SIL. Soooo, I sat over to the side, all dressed up, watching them take the pictures. DH did speak up and said, "I'd like some with my wife included!", to which FIL said, "Oh, well, of course. We want one with her, too." So, that's what they took...one picture. And, when the portraits were ready, guess which one was hung in their house, and guess which one was given to DH's grandparents for Christmas?? (DH's grandmother opened it in front of everyone, and immediately asked why I wasn't in it. Love that woman!)

Same thing happened to me. My InLaws wanted Family Pictures. So we all got dressed up and went to the photographer. MIL tells me that I'm not to be in the picture (but my toddler was) because I am not 'biological family'. My husband complained. So she said, "Well I suppose that you and her (Me) and your DD can have a separate picture taken if she wants to be in a picture". At that point DH told them that THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD was not family enough to be in the picture after having been married to him for 10 years, then he and his child would not be in the family picture either. So she decided that maybe it was okay for me to be in the picture afterall. She bought a small copy of that picture and a BIG one of her, her DH and 'her boys'.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #21
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapquitler View Post
I'm sorry that I am laughing at something that was upsetting to your DH, but this is funny.

It does sound like your MIL is off her rocker. Best to keep your distance.
Me too, I am really sorry for laughing (with my mouth wide open). But my MIL is awesome!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
My new avatar is one of my tags
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

My MIL was married to husband #1 for many years and had 6 children with him. They divorced, and she married #2 and had 1 child (my husband). Fast forward, and DH and I married. After being married 2 months, she called a "family meeting" with only the children from hubby #1, to let them all know that I "couldn't have children" and "what are we going to do about it?" How would she know after 2 months, and why is it any of her business.

Another fast forward about 5 years. Hubby and I are helping her move into a new home and she takes DH aside and tells him "when are you going to divorce your wife? Your father deserves grandchildren, and it's your duty to give him some. Since your wife can't, you need to get rid of her and find one who can!" DH was so shocked, he put down the box he was carrying, found me and we immediately left. All without him saying a word to her. He didn't speak to her for many months after that.

When I finally did have a child, MIL had the nerve to act as if nothing had ever happened, and demanded to babysit. OVER MY DEAD BODY!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #23
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

My future MIL hates me. I come complete with a teen with Asperger's. Fiance and I also have a 1 yr old daughter. His mother saw fit to inform him that DS and I are not her family and that DD will have to choose whose family she wants to be a part of. There is more but I don't wish to write a novel. Her latest stunt is that Fiance doesn't love her because we are going to Disney instead of to visit her. We won't be going to visit her for a very very long time.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Mine is not horrible but I think it's pretty funny.

My husband and I have been married 27 years. Earlier this year, his mom's family had some huge national family reunion in Texas (we live in California, so do my husband's family). Anyway, the inlaws loaded up the car and traveled to this reunion.

After returning, my mother in law has my husband over for lunch and gives him this bound book that was from the reunion. I guess all of the families had submitted information and photos.

1. My name is spelled wrong.

2. The photo submitted of my husband was one with his FIRST wife. They divorced 31 years ago.

Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #25
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Mine is not horrible but I think it's pretty funny.

My husband and I have been married 27 years. Earlier this year, his mom's family had some huge national family reunion in Texas (we live in California, so do my husband's family). Anyway, the inlaws loaded up the car and traveled to this reunion.

After returning, my mother in law has my husband over for lunch and gives him this bound book that was from the reunion. I guess all of the families had submitted information and photos.

1. My name is spelled wrong.

2. The photo submitted of my husband was one with his FIRST wife. They divorced 31 years ago.

This one made me LOL. For real.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #26
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise-Montreal View Post
My husband had been in the hospital for a few days with a sore back (they did not visit) was eventually diagnosed with Stage Four Cancer. My husband phoned to tell his parents. They (live five minutes from the hospital) came to pick up the his car keys to move his car which was in their driveway(long story) and then went out to dinner. I had to go down to the entrance of the hospital to give them the keys.

Can anyone top this??????
I actually hope that NOBODY can top this. Cold is just a joke. Hope your DH is doing well now.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #27
krcit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibeth19 View Post

Eh. My MIL did the same thing years ago. I thought it was a bit odd but then realized she just wanted a picture of her kids. I didn't let it bother me. She still has that picture hanging of her kids and she made the right call because my BIL is now divorced.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #28
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post

Oh My! What did everyone in the family have to say about that??
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #29
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

I am lucky to have inlaws that are nice (not to say that we always get along, we don't, but they include me and aren't like the inlaws on these pages!!!)

However I do have a very good friend who is unfortunately saddled with a nasty MIL, and up until these pages, was the worst I have heard of. Here are some of the things she did:

1) For my friend's wedding, MIL dressed in sweatpants and brought a can of coke. She sat in the front row shaking it and saying loudly "I've been to better funerals." My friend's BIL and father (who is sadly deceased now) had to be physically restrained by their spouses, because they wanted to remove her from the ceremony. Oh and MIL did have other clothes to wear to the wedding, she just chose sweatpants (dirty ones) because she wanted to make a point.

2) MIL repeatedly accused friend that their first child was not her son's and went so far as to say she saw many different men go into her home so it could be any one of them.

3) When first child was born, MIL brought a gift, but insisted on seeing baby's room first. When she looked through the closet etc she said "Your kid is already too spoiled!" and left, taking her gift with her. And no she did not give them something else.

4) MIL had one of her sons running a meth lab in her house. He was convicted and sent to jail. And she has 50+ cats in her house. And smokes. And is a hoarder. She keeps asking to babysit the kids in her house. And thinks my friend is weird for refusing.

5) She once "diagnosed" cancer in her nephew by flashing a flashlight down his throat and saying because it looked black, it was cancer. My friend's husband believed her. And no the child does not have cancer, it was a cold.
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
dngnb8
Disneyphile

3 days after my wife received a kidney and pancreas transplant, I was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive cancer. I had multiple surgeries and was unable to care for my wife as I would have liked too. My father in law said I should have just not treated the cancer (if I had waited a week or two, I wouldnt be here) and just sucked it up. When I shared with him had I waited, I would be terminal, he said I was just over reacting.

How many FIL's call you to tell you, you should have died.

Suffice it to say, we dont get along well.
dngnb8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: