Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #181
HelenePA
I could use a cupcake now
I'm a tetris addict!
I have a secret obsession with turkeys
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibles! View Post
I got tagged too!!!

A big thanks to my MIL for years of snark and misery. Without her I'd still be black and white. She finally brought some color to my life.
She might decide its the wrong color for you better not let her see it

The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - 11
HelenePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #182
spacemountainmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post

I could never understand how my sweet Ron came from that family. He was so loving and caring and helped so many people.
I am sorry for your loss.

I often feel the same way about my dh. I just don't see HOW he came from his family......he is so unlike them in so many ways.

I finally realized that so many of the things I love about him are the result of him trying so hard to NOT be like his family. His parents (well, really his mom) are all about things and stuff and the show you put on for the world. DH works hard so I can be home with the kids (he was latch-key from Kindergarten) and to have fun, do things and make memories with our kids. His attitude is so unlike his parents.

I could almost feel sorry for her now. I think she is finally starting to realize the damage she has caused with her son and grandkids. They moved across the country to follow dh's sister and now she (the sister) has moved on again and they can't afford to move. She did a lot of things to cause hurt to my dh and kids and now they ignore her for the most part. We never travel to visit them. We used to when they lived closer, but it was just so awkward and we never really felt welcome. It's also much more difficult since they moved even further away. It's been more than 6 years since we have been to visit them.

They come "home" (they were both born and raised here and lived here until 12 years ago) once a year. We play nice for the few times they want to get together while they are in town and then we all go back to our own lives. DH's dad did tell him last year that his mom was sad about their relationship and my FIL actually told my MIL that "she had raised her son to be an independent cuss and she now had to live with that!" I was a bit shocked, but am glad he does at least get it to some degree.

It makes me sad because I don't think they understand what a great person they raised. It also makes me sad that my kids don't have a good relationship with them. In the end, you can only try for so long before you get completely frustrated and give up.

spacemountainmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #183
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
I got tagged too!!!

A big thanks to my MIL for years of snark and misery. Without her I'd still be black and white. She finally brought some color to my life.
No tags here...I guess I should have been more witty about the voodoo to get one LOL!!!!

Congrats you two!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #184
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

My MIL left my FIL for an old AF buddy if his. They live in a double wide trailer, with his parents, sleep in separate bedrooms even though they're married (due to his dad's wishes), and neither of them work. Her husband can't afford the 20 bucks to get the things that the power company seized when they turned off his power. His father runs a very fundamental Christian radio station that barely makes any money, yet refuses to get another job or allow his wife to work. MIL isn't allowed to work outside of the house due to the FIL's religious beliefs.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #185
GettingFuzzy
MIL was all up in my underwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
And now you just spelled sentence wrong too! You're on a roll!

And hey! The tag fairy did hear you. You got tagged! Someday I hope to get lucky too. Umm... that didn't come out quite right.
Oh man. I must be the reason spell check was invented. But obviously, I didn't use it, so, well, there you go.

On topic though, my DH reminded me of all the times she turned the water off on me while showering.... Nothing like standing there naked, cold, and soapy hollering for someone, anyone to make the water reappear.
GettingFuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #186
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I got tagged too!!!

I got tagged too! One thread is getting some serious looky-loos from the tag fairy!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #187
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingFuzzy View Post
On topic though, my DH reminded me of all the times she turned the water off on me while showering.... Nothing like standing there naked, cold, and soapy hollering for someone, anyone to make the water reappear.
Okay. That's just mean. You don't mess with somebody's shower. You just. Don't.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #188
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
No tags here...I guess I should have been more witty about the voodoo to get one LOL!!!!

Congrats you two!
You can try and bribe the tag fairy with chocolate! I got 2 of my tags on a tag fairy thread with bribes chocolate I think I offered her/him a chocolate fairy house and some chocolate lingerie....

The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - 11
Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #189
GettingFuzzy

Quote:
Okay. That's just mean. You don't mess with somebody's shower. You just. Don't.
She really is a mean old bat most of the time. I've long decided to not hold grudges, not get even, but get crafty. I switched out my stolen stuff for either different but same stuff, old stuff, or odd stuff, and I started showering with my DH while we were there. She won't let her precious boy go cold. And all in the name of conserving water!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #190
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenePA View Post
You can try and bribe the tag fairy with chocolate! I got 2 of my tags on a tag fairy thread with bribes chocolate I think I offered her/him a chocolate fairy house and some chocolate lingerie....
Chocolate lingerie? But wouldn't it melt? Oh, wait... that's a good thing, isn't it?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #191
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Chocolate lingerie? But wouldn't it melt? Oh, wait... that's a good thing, isn't it?
but how do you get it on with out breaking it? I still have it in my photobucket I'll get the picture

Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #192
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #193
GettingFuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenePA View Post
If chocolate lingerie makes the slightly creepy mannequin look chubby, it's certainly not going to do me any favors...

Also is it less sexy if you are eating it while trying to wear it? These are the important questions!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #194
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

I wonder if the tag fairy has horrible inlaws... lol

at least your mil didn't find that while she was all up in your underwear...

Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #195
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

I thought of all of you when my MIL was calling me today. I thought, "oh if my DIS friends could see me now!" as I held the ringing phone in my hands and never answered.
Sometimes she will then call DH's phone and he answers and she says "I just called Erin's phone!" then I do my best "what? You did? Darn that tmobile service!" I will rot in heck someday, and I am fine with that so long as I do not have to sit by her.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: