Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #106
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Misc observations - Critters

Note: Weird to be doing this posting during a hurricane in CT, Irene. Shouldn't I be in FL? Glad I still have power.

I'm an animal lover. I take notice of the critters at WDW and they amaze me. They are so cool and calm around the crowds. Like one CM(singer with top hat) said to me as we walked along MK, "Disney has come a long way with their animatronics." We were observing the cute bunnies in the grass between Main Street and Frontier Land.

These shots are from EPCOT

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-28

We've often vacationed in WildWood, NJ on the Jersey Shore. We like to feed and watch these little guys outside our motel room near the pool. Funny how they've managed to get into the Contempo Cafe and help CM's with cleaning up crumbs. Must be coming in through the hole in the building that the monorail travels through.

Not sure of these guys real names but we call them the Mexican birds. They eat our extra nachos while we enjoy Margarita's. Very tame.

A tame squirrel that came up to me as I was taking a break on a China bench.

We have lots of these guys in CT. You can see them high in the sky in many places. Never seen so many of them together or this close up before. They would fly by my room and I got a good look. We call them Turkey Vultures. Here's a shot from my room out behind CR.

I think these are Loons. You often see these guys in EPCOT diving in the ponds. This shot is during our ride to HS from EPCOT in the Boardwalk area.

WDW has the cutest, tamest Donald Ducks. Amazed at the places they travel. Funny.

At Poly, while DD and I have our dinner at Capt Cooks.

Duck Crossing on way to Canada at EPCOT

Dunking their head and wiggling their butts in EPCOT pond.

I noticed this gang of Donald and friends at EPCOT near fountain and pin station. Are they out of place or what? Too funny.

I swear the critters of WDW are trained CM's and behave well while they are 'On Stage' for our entertainment.
DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #107
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

Critter observations too

We saw that same group of female ducks in Epcot.

We also saw a squirrel climb onto a bench, walk up to a girl who was eating a burger and fries (little Refreshment stand as you turn right to go into WS before Canada) and TAKE A FRY right off her tray. GROSS!!!! We saw presumably the same squirrel the next day almost do the same to someone else.

There was also a squirrel on the scenery in the Big Thunder Mountain Queue.

They are fearless.
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
LoveKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #108
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Dreamer View Post
Not sure of these guys real names but we call them the Mexican birds. They eat our extra nachos while we enjoy Margarita's. Very tame.

FYI, your Mexican birds are call White Ibis, note the curved beak. They are seen all along the gulf and Florida. They really like the shallow water near Mexico. All kinds of critters in the mud under the water there.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #109
DoOverDreams
DIS Veteran

Hey! Saw the Lotusphere bag and was wondering if it was you. Great trip report! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Now I've got to go find your pre-trip report to read too...

See you at LS12?
DoOverDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #110
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Hey, right back at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOverDreams View Post
Hey! Saw the Lotusphere bag and was wondering if it was you. Great trip report! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Now I've got to go find your pre-trip report to read too...

See you at LS12?
So glad you found me. WE HAD A GREAT TIME!
I did 30 daily postings as a trip report so I could get as much fun out of my first DVC stay as I could. Post trip report has been fun too. Glad you've enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, LS12 not looking good. Miss the days of LS and WDW.

I'm sure you guys have a future trip planned.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #111
CozumelDisneyFan
shooping cart hooks?..... Aluminum foil roll securers?..... an arrow???
Sheesh......I must live under a rock!

What are the phone numbers for the phone booths.....

We meet girls for margarita's in Mexico. Are you noticing a trend here?
Do Norway ride and finally buy the Leila perfume. Ahhhh... good for another couple years. We try and trick some more people at the British phone booths but we give up. No takers to pick up the ringing phone while we giggle near by.

In the WS British section???? I would LOVE to freak my DH out!!!!

CozumelDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #112
DVC_Dreamer

Phone booths in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozumelDisneyFan View Post
We meet girls for margarita's in Mexico. Are you noticing a trend here?
Do Norway ride and finally buy the Leila perfume. Ahhhh... good for another couple years. We try and trick some more people at the British phone booths but we give up. No takers to pick up the ringing phone while we giggle near by.

In the WS British section???? I would LOVE to freak my DH out!!!!
DW could not find quickly so I did a Google search and found these numbers:

Right Booth 407-827-9861

Left Booth 407-827-9862

Center Booth 407-827-9863

Enjoy.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #113
dlm1017
Mouseketeer

I have always said in my next life I want to come back as a "Disney" duck! : )
dlm1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #114
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Great report! Thanks for posting. Glad you enjoyed your first DVC trip.
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #115
DVC_Dreamer

Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm1017 View Post
I have always said in my next life I want to come back as a "Disney" duck! : )
Exactly. Don't the ducks seem to be the happiest, carefree critters on the planet. I could live on Disney popcorn if I could live on property for free.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #116
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

GREAT trip report! I absolutely enjoyed it so much! So sad its over, I looked forward to it and it helped me get through the day! I have to say, its so nice to see fellow DVCr's that value their purchase and really enjoy their trips. Now what am I going to do now that it's over? We have a big trip planned for next year and I don't know what I'll do to pass the time!

Thanks again for such a great report, it really did make me feel like I was there! Living vicariously through you!
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #117
DisTito69
Mouseketeer

Nice critter pics looks like you had a blast! Love the TR, back to celebs in Disney World, I have seen Tom Arnold, Kirstie Alley, and David Hasslehoff in WDW over the years. Tom Arnold was a real nice guy, really down to earth.
I didn't talk to the other celebs, Kirtie Alley was eating a turkey leg when we saw her.

Tito,

DisTito69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #118
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Dreamer View Post
***Update*** Just consolidating TR to main first post

Walk back to our new home. DS, DSIL and I walk back. DD, DW and DS take monorail. We beat them back but they're not far behind. Remember, CR is first stop from MK on Monorail.

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-16

Room is AWESOME. Suite I should say. We end up with room 7544. It's on 5th floor and it's the same floor as Sky Bridge to CR. Very cool. We get marina view which is disappointing at first but it's a beautiful view anyone would kill to have if they didn't know MK was on the opposite side. No worries. We had plenty of chance to view Wishes from Sky Bridge and TOTWL.

View from our room out the living room picture window.

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-16

Day 2 next - EPCOT
This is the exact room I requested. I requested any room ending in 44. I got the complete opposite this time. I love this view...did you like it?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #119
DVC_Dreamer

Loved the view

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
This is the exact room I requested. I requested any room ending in 44. I got the complete opposite this time. I love this view...did you like it?
I think I like this view better than the view on the North end that faces MK. The North end has many trees blocking the lake. You can see Space Mountain and the Castle if you look directly to your left. The South end is nice because you can see CR, marina, full view of lake and enjoy the full spectacle that is the Electric Water Pageant. Interesting that we've now stayed on both ends of resort on the same 5th floor. Fun.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: