Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
DaughterOfTriton
Earning My Ears

Here right now and must take a few minutes this morning to review some things!

Hello, DISers. I'm currently on my honeymoon in wonderful WDW and swore up and down I would not review, post, or look at anything on the board while here. But I'm already up and showered for the day while the hubby snoozes away, so I figured I should review some things we've had so far!

I don't post here often (mostly lurk) but have been to WDW many times and wanted to try some new things this trip. There are two standout meals we've had that I absolutely must share with the board for those considering their ADRs still or are wondering what to try.

Firstly, we had reservations at Kona Cafe for dinner our first night here but were starving about two hours before then. We sat down at the Tambu Lounge and ordered a couple of Angry Orchard hard ciders (delicious by the way) and decided to try the Pork Nachos. We thought they sounded interesting and were in the mood for something different. They were unbelievable. I don't have a picture because DH tore into those nachos pretty quickly before I could snap a pic. Menu describes 'Polynesian chips topped with Pork, Cheese, Pineapple Salsa, and Spicy Mayonnaise.' Just get them, they are terrific.

Second dish I must rave about is the Seafood Arrabiata at Mama Melrose. We did lunch here for Fantasmic (so much food, BTW. You could have rolled us out of there). I'm an Italian American from NJ and am pretty reluctant to order Italian anywhere that is not a BYOB in my area, but this was delicious. It had whole wheat spaghetti, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and the fish of the day (cannot think of the name. Started with a C but might as well have started with an S for all I know because it was Scrumptious!)

This quick review turned out to be rather drawn and long out (especially without pictures!) so I do apologize. The rest of our plans are: drink and snack around the World in Epcot, Mythos at Universal, Liberty Tree Tavern ,Le Cellier, and Be Our Guest.

Hope this review helped someone who is looking for some different things to try. Happy planning
Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Wallflower
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you are having great experiences dining at Disney. I have not been to any of those places yet, but I must recommend Cap'n Jack's if you go to Downtown Disney. They have the best seafood. You would think you were eating at a fancy restaurant when they bring your plate and you try the food, but it's casual atmosphere on the waterfront makes its a great place to just hang out, eat some really good food, have a drink and enjoy the night
Wallflower is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfTriton View Post
Hello, DISers. I'm currently on my honeymoon in wonderful WDW and swore up and down I would not review, post, or look at anything on the board while here. But I'm already up and showered for the day while the hubby snoozes away, so I figured I should review some things we've had so far!

I don't post here often (mostly lurk) but have been to WDW many times and wanted to try some new things this trip. There are two standout meals we've had that I absolutely must share with the board for those considering their ADRs still or are wondering what to try.

Firstly, we had reservations at Kona Cafe for dinner our first night here but were starving about two hours before then. We sat down at the Tambu Lounge and ordered a couple of Angry Orchard hard ciders (delicious by the way) and decided to try the Pork Nachos. We thought they sounded interesting and were in the mood for something different. They were unbelievable. I don't have a picture because DH tore into those nachos pretty quickly before I could snap a pic. Menu describes 'Polynesian chips topped with Pork, Cheese, Pineapple Salsa, and Spicy Mayonnaise.' Just get them, they are terrific.

Second dish I must rave about is the Seafood Arrabiata at Mama Melrose. We did lunch here for Fantasmic (so much food, BTW. You could have rolled us out of there). I'm an Italian American from NJ and am pretty reluctant to order Italian anywhere that is not a BYOB in my area, but this was delicious. It had whole wheat spaghetti, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and the fish of the day (cannot think of the name. Started with a C but might as well have started with an S for all I know because it was Scrumptious!)

This quick review turned out to be rather drawn and long out (especially without pictures!) so I do apologize. The rest of our plans are: drink and snack around the World in Epcot, Mythos at Universal, Liberty Tree Tavern ,Le Cellier, and Be Our Guest.

Hope this review helped someone who is looking for some different things to try. Happy planning
it all sounds amazing. Thanks for interrupting your disneymoon to post. Congratulations and enjoy

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting. I had the Pork Nachos at Capt Cooks and really enjoyed them. Here's my pix.

I would have these again.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: