Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #91
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alison - thanks for sharing so far. For me, this is the closest I'm ever going to get to these legends or to a D23 event. Really appreciate all the detail and pictures that you're posting. It really is like "Almost There".

And LAST is never LEAST!
You never know! They have promised to do the D23 Expo every two years, so the next time would be 2013. It was in September once, you never know it could work out with the ultimate Real Life Game, next time, you never know!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #92
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
With all this Disney apparel why are you wearing nice dresses and skirts in all of your pictures?
And doesn't she look GREAT??

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #93
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You never know! They have promised to do the D23 Expo every two years, so the next time would be 2013. It was in September once, you never know it could work out with the ultimate Real Life Game, next time, you never know!
Wouldn't the timing just be fantastic if it did!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:53 AM   #94
franandaj

Quote:
With all this Disney apparel why are you wearing nice dresses and skirts in all of your pictures?
Which pictures? Also I like wearing dresses, and since we have been doing lots of manual labor at home, vacation seems to be the only time that I can wear nice dresses and skirts! A girl goes through withdrawl sometimes!

Quote:
I saw this great idea on a TR by Zuietzig(that's a mangled screen name). Each visit they buy a new lanyard and collect pins for it along the way.

So you could do this a lanyard every visit or every few months and you already have the pins. Then you would just have to deal with storing the pins and lanyards somehow.
That would mean that we would have to take them out of the bag! Normally after these shopping trips, I'm lucky to find a location to put the bag of pins/shirts/paintings/DVDs/insert product type here. Basically getting them out of the car and finding a place that they don't block our walkways is a feat. To actually do something to organize them as I said, I will someday have quite the estate/garage/collector sale!

Quote:
And doesn't she look GREAT??

Quote:
Wouldn't the timing just be fantastic if it did!!
I would love that! You would have a great time! We would just have to be Sorcerer's otherwise based on this time it is a real pain!

From what I am hearing from those who don't have the special packages, the waits are more than insane. I think they might need to reconsider the next one and not plan on packing people in like they do in the parks. We are planning on getting in line 3 hours before the presentation that we want to see tomorrow. That's sad.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #95
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Pictures during trip reports, always nice sundresses.

You need a Disney room, or possible a Disney house to display all your loot.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #96
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Which pictures? Also I like wearing dresses, and since we have been doing lots of manual labor at home, vacation seems to be the only time that I can wear nice dresses and skirts! A girl goes through withdrawl sometimes!

That would mean that we would have to take them out of the bag! Normally after these shopping trips, I'm lucky to find a location to put the bag of pins/shirts/paintings/DVDs/insert product type here. Basically getting them out of the car and finding a place that they don't block our walkways is a feat. To actually do something to organize them as I said, I will someday have quite the estate/garage/collector sale!

I would love that! You would have a great time! We would just have to be Sorcerer's otherwise based on this time it is a real pain!

From what I am hearing from those who don't have the special packages, the waits are more than insane. I think they might need to reconsider the next one and not plan on packing people in like they do in the parks. We are planning on getting in line 3 hours before the presentation that we want to see tomorrow. That's sad.
I agree..I think they will organize it all again next time and wouldn't doubt if different types of tier tickets were sold...just so crazy with big lines and such. My friend's daughter and husband came and went right from Studios (first 20 out of the door) to line up for Pixar, ended up in standby room and waited 2 1/2 hours and still did not get in. I want this to be a success but now it seems like too much success
PINS! I didn't know you guys were pin collectors.
I agree about Legends..I was going to leave early to see Prep and Landing but really, the show was very touching and I wanted to see Henson's family and glad I did. So many amazing people. Allison..they plussed the lounge a bit..they now have trail mix and energy bars to grab and go which helps.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #97
franandaj

Quote:
Pictures during trip reports, always nice sundresses.

You need a Disney room, or possible a Disney house to display all your loot.
That's our whole house! We need an add on to hold all our stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I agree..I think they will organize it all again next time and wouldn't doubt if different types of tier tickets were sold...just so crazy with big lines and such. My friend's daughter and husband came and went right from Studios (first 20 out of the door) to line up for Pixar, ended up in standby room and waited 2 1/2 hours and still did not get in. I want this to be a success but now it seems like too much success
PINS! I didn't know you guys were pin collectors.
I agree about Legends..I was going to leave early to see Prep and Landing but really, the show was very touching and I wanted to see Henson's family and glad I did. So many amazing people. Allison..they plussed the lounge a bit..they now have trail mix and energy bars to grab and go which helps.
I wouldn't really call us pin collectors since once we buy them we don't do anything with them.

I spent a good deal of time in the lounge yesterday what with the lines and craziness.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #98
Hawleys
DIS Veteran

Expo update, sweet!
The perfect way to start a lazy Sunday is by reading about your totally packed weekend.

You need to get Fran interested in eBay as her new hobby. You two have a fortune in Disney collectibles tucked away.

Anyway, thanks so much for the Disney Legends update. What a cool segment!
Hawleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #99
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawleys View Post
Expo update, sweet!
The perfect way to start a lazy Sunday is by reading about your totally packed weekend.

You need to get Fran interested in eBay as her new hobby. You two have a fortune in Disney collectibles tucked away.

Anyway, thanks so much for the Disney Legends update. What a cool segment!

GET her interested in eBay! She's practically a Charter Member. How do you think we got half the collectibles!

She's even kept up on her bids via smartphone while we were in line this weekend.

Hopefully tonight I can wrap up Friday's activities. They didn't allow electronics in Saturday morning's presentation, but I took good notes.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #100
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Nice update.......I got to see on FB the videos of the 4 ladies songs......does choke you up a bit!! I love all the goodies......shopping would be a blast down there!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #101
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Excellent updates!! Love all your pics, as usual!

Just wanted to let you know...I am booking our July 2012 trip on Tuesday, so get ready for a brand new PTR!!!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #102
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the Disney Legends pictures. I really didn't expect any updates like that until after the Expo.

One thing about May's Destination D event was that there were no lines. Everyone was guaranteed admission to all presentations. I downloaded the guidebook with each day's schedules, and it's impossible to see everything regardless of the lines.

That Mickey's of Glendale picture was hilarious - it would have been fun to just be there and watch all of that shopping chaos! (The Cars Land jacket looks amazing!)

I'm looking forward to more of your updates!
Robert

D23 Gold Charter Member
Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disneyland: Aug 2006, Jul 2007, Jun 2009, Dec 2013
Disney Wonder: Jul 2008, May 2009
Disney Dream: May 2011
Disney Magic: May 2014
Walt Disney World: I lost count!
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #103
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Legends report. We were able to go one day last minute so we really didn't expect to go to any presentations. I'm looking forward to other folk's reports.

My DD BFF went with another friend early to go to the Legends presentation. I "forgot" to tell her that she might want to go earlier than 10 My DD met another friend that was on the Expo staff working the line for Disney Parks and resorts presentation. She said that there was a back up line for the stand by line!

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #104
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

We were there too...the first day. The crowds were carazzyyy!!!! But we had fun!
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #105
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Thanks for the pics and updates. If I would of thought about it I should of asked you to see if they had any Dopey pins darnit. I like trading. I dont like buying off ebay as I really dont know if I am getting the real deal. Cant wait for more pics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: