Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Firefly is RIGHT (at last)......those paintings are AWESOME!

I almost met Deb Wills last year at the F&G Show. She was there at the same time I was and there was a DisMeet walking tour with her round Epcot. I really wanted to go but that was the trip with the extended family and duty called instead.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #77
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I LOVE those paintings Those are awesome!
I know we really like the HM set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Did you get the sureal HM art?
We're waiting for the 4th one to come out and hopefully we'll have some wall space by then!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #78
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Now I am even more curious about what could show in pictures as Fran buys the whole store.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #79
franandaj

I mentioned your idea about taking a picture on the bed of all our loot and she said, " It's not big enough!"
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #80
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I mentioned your idea about taking a picture on the bed of all our loot and she said, " It's not big enough!"

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #81
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #82
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There was a lot in that store and you would probably have to use the bed, the floor, the headboard, the desk...

Did you get the framed pin picture?

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 AM   #83
franandaj

Quote:
Now I am even more curious about what could show in pictures as Fran buys the whole store.
Well here is what she bought in the Dream Store...this wasn't much damage, we each got the Expo T-shirt and a new "concept" shirt. She got a few pins and a watch.

I can't say she was as restrained at Mickey's of Glendale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
There was a lot in that store and you would probably have to use the bed, the floor, the headboard, the desk...

Did you get the framed pin picture?
Put it this way, here are the pins she bought at Mickey's. As far as the shirts go, I bought three, a "Carousel of Projects", a red "Property of Imagineering" and one for WDW Fantasyland with the Dwarves on it and the saying "Whistle While You Work".

The boxes are all Cars "Mystery Pins". There was a limit of 10 per person, and since there was two of us she could get 20!

I decided to rifle through the bags and I found no less than sixteen shirts/sweatshirts/polo shirts (besides the aforementioned of my own). She bought one each of every Cars shirt (they were all black and I refuse to wear black T-shirts in Southern California heat). She bought all the Star Tours Shirts and I'm not sure what else, but there were two leather/knit jackets. Here is the Cars one and she also got a Sorcerer Mickey one.

There were also a couple baseball caps in there, also black. (I bought my first baseball cap at the Smithsonian this year, it was white and lightweight, perfect in So Cal sun. The problem is, that it is already filthy dirty! )

Needless to say we dropped a bit of money there. Actually she spent twice a much at MoG than I spent on Special Events at F&W Tuesday! I don't need to feel guilty!

OK next post, on to the Legends Ceremony!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:12 AM   #84
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Did you give up the storage yet?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #85
PrincessInOz
in

Love the pins....where are you storing it all?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #86
franandaj

So we headed over the Legends Ceremony after shopping and a little art browsing. It was hosted by Tom Bergeron of Dancing with the Stars.

The honorees that were first up were five princesses. Anika Noni Rose (aka Princess Tiana) was the first up. She did not even realize that the award was for her until she arrived at rehearsals. All the while she thought the award was for Tiana and she was accepting it on her behalf.

Next was Linda Larkin who provided the speaking voice for Princess Jasmine.

Paige O’hara (Belle) was next. She was truly appreciative of the fans, and was incredibly moved by the entire ceremony.

Lea Solanga was the singing voice and she also was the voice of Mulan. Lastly, Jodi Benson who provided both the singing and speaking voices for Ariel accepted her award.

What I found most intriguing/moving was that all these ladies seemed truly appreciative of the fans and they all gave thanks to the fans. However most sincere were Jodi Benson and Paige O’hara. I really felt they were genuine in their gratitude for the support of the fans.

Truthfully, I didn’t expect much out of this presentation. While I have seen all these animated features, the personalities behind the characters never really caught my interest. I didn’t know who they were coming into the ceremony, but the next segment really knocked it out of the park for me. Each of the princesses came out and sang from the feature films.

Paige O’hara sang a Medley from Beauty and the Beast including Belle, Beauty and the Beast and Be Our Guest. Next was Lea Solanga who Reflections from Mulan.

Then Anika Noni Rose sang “Almost There” from Princess and the Frog.

Then Jodi Benson sang Part of Your World.

If this wasn’t enough to have tears streaming down my face, the four of them came together to sing “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.” If anyone had a dry eye in the house they had to be the Grinch! Now this is a rumor I heard the day after the ceremony, but evidently Paige O'Hara pushed for them to sing at the ceremony. It wasn't planned, and some of them weren't keen on it (without getting paid). However, the person I spoke with caught Paige as she was packing up from an autograph session Friday for her neice who is a HUGE fan. Somehow that "information" came out while they were chatting with her Friday evening.

That was certainly a hard act to follow, but the next honoree was Ray Watson former Disney Chairman of the Board. Just the fact that he could walk on the stage to accept the award was a pretty big deal. He did a lot for the company and it was nice that they could honor him while he was still alive.

The next few honorees were awarded Posthumously. Bartin “Bo” Boyd who was in charge of merchandising for many years passed in April and his daughters had some heartwarming anecdotes about growing up as the daughters of the Disney merchandising lead merchandiser.

Next was Guy Williams who played Zorro in the 1950’s series, his family accepted the award on his behalf. Jack and Bonita Wrather who opened the Disneyland Hotel in the 1950’s were honored next and their family also accepted on their behalf.

The next recipient was Regis Philbin. He was quite alive to receive his award and cracked quite a few jokes, especially wondering why he was LAST!

However, he actually was not the last recipient and following Regis, the final award was given to Jim Henson. His family accepted on his behalf and then Kermit sang the “Rainbow Connection” to close out the session which ran 45 minutes over time.

After the Legends Ceremony, we went upstairs to the Premeire / Sorcerer’s Lounge where they supposedly had light refreshments and an exclusive atmosphere. Well they had a cheese plate a veggie plate, some coffee, sodas and waters. There was a line.

We decided that we appreciated the seclusion, but didn’t care to wait in line for free cheese! So we pulled out our own lunch and enjoyed that.

Fran had a turkey sandwich

I had Chinese Chicken Salad, some strawberries and we had some “skinny cow” desserts as well.

I could only eat about half the salad, so she finished it. What we didn’t realize was that our dinner was going to be just about everything that we didn’t eat for lunch!

More on that later! This Expo is really so Jam packed that I barely have time to use the restroom! While the lines are long, our Premiere passes have paid for themselves most definitely, I would have sprung for the Sorcerer if they weren't sold out by the time we bought them. We'll be back and make sure that we can buy the Premium passes next time! I have so much more to report, but so much sleep to catch up on! Catch you all when it can!

Thanks for reading so far!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #87
PrincessInOz
in

Alison - thanks for sharing so far. For me, this is the closest I'm ever going to get to these legends or to a D23 event. Really appreciate all the detail and pictures that you're posting. It really is like "Almost There".

And LAST is never LEAST!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #88
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Did you give up the storage yet?
Of course not! We still have all three storage lockers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love the pins....where are you storing it all?
I'm sure that these pins will go in boxes or bags next to all the other hundreds of pins that we found (still in their wrappers) that we already have. In fact they will probably remain in the bag and the the bag will be placed in a box, which will be placed away in a closet or bookcase. The T-shirts will probably go into a box that will be labeled with their size and put into storage.

Someday you'll see an announcement on the DIS "MAJOR Pin and 2X shirt sale, all New With Tags!"

Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 AM   #89
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

With all this Disney apparel why are you wearing nice dresses and skirts in all of your pictures?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #90
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Someday you'll see an announcement on the DIS "MAJOR Pin and 2X shirt sale, all New With Tags!"

I saw this great idea on a TR by Zuietzig(that's a mangled screen name). Each visit they buy a new lanyard and collect pins for it along the way.

So you could do this a lanyard every visit or every few months and you already have the pins. Then you would just have to deal with storing the pins and lanyards somehow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: