Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #136
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I've decided I'm serious about losing weight; so the Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle recipe will have to stay in the ethernet world for a bit longer.

Going to resurrect that Boo to Us thread on the Wish board this week (maybe today).
Yeah, if I want to get into that dress (seriously dreaming) I need to really get with the program! I'll see if I can find that thread first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Okay first off,

Your necklace is GORGEOUS! I'm super jealous and i'm thinking that I may need one now. Gotta get Dan on here to see it

Second, I LOVE the picture of you and Deb! That's awesome that you got to meet her. Have you met her before?

Third, those pictures of Snow White, Captain Hook, etc are FABULOUS! Those would look amazing in my Disney room.

Fourth, the Disney Princess's blog that I read about here on the boards....OMGOSH! That would have been something I would have LOVED to see. Just reading about it got me all wishy-washy, and you just HAPPENED to experience no less! Very jealous right now. And you got some amazing pictures!

Fifth, i've never been to RBJK before, but I may have to now!
I'm sure they will have the necklace at the park eventually, but for now they were calling it an "Expo exclusive". I've never met Deb before and it was a total fluke that we were in line next to each other. Although afterwards we sort of crossed paths a few times (she was a Sorcerer - go figure!) and she was so nice waving at me and just asking the niceties like, "how's your day today?" instead of just ignoring me. She is definitely a nice lady and has got where she is by not ignoring her fans, unlike others at the Studios presentation!

Those pictures.... I think you've hung out and hear enough about Fran and her buying.....

Yes, the princesses were amazing and totally hit me out of left field! You need to go to RBJK in November, it is totally awesome! I'm sure their entrees are good, but we will have to go there with a larger party because we need to have the bread, gumbo, onion soup and calamari every time we go there because they are so good! By that time we are ready for dessert! Not very healthy, no salad or veggie or anything but when you're having the Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle why is anyone worrying about how healthy you're eating!

I read about the Chocolate Bread Pudding on these boards and that's what brought me in, but the Calamari appetizer is what brings me back (and the Bread pudding! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
The oysters don't look good at all, I agree I don't want to chew them. What is the translucent sauce for them? Hot I hope.

Chocolate Martini looks good. I'll be on the lookout for the chocolate wine.
Yeah, my favorite oysters are Malpeque, but I haven't found them much recently. I keep a list in my phone and usually aks what type they are and consult my reviews before I order, but I was so giddy for food that I hadn't prepared out of the cooler that I threw caution to the wind. The clear sauce is called a Mignonette. It's really yummy and my favorite to pour on the oysters. It usually has red onion slices red wine vinegar and something else. We love Kings in DT Long Beach and that's where I usually get my oysters and they have the best mignonette.

On my DC trip last year some places didn't serve it, just the traditional horseradish and cocktail sauce.

The Chocolate wine is really tasty keep a look out at Sams or Walmart or specialty store (although they charge quite a bit for it). I got it at Sams for like $8 a bottle while the specialty store wanted $11.99

OK next up the craziness of the vendors and then the auction!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #137
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great update and info about up-coming movies. Those archives look great and such great stage props!

And did I read correctly? You moved right on past the Tron section?? Is Firefly lurking at all??

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #138
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Love, love, love the updates!!! I am especially looking forward to the Monsters University movie! My boys LOVE Monsters, Inc. and so do I. I just always thought that was one of the most creative of the Pixar movies! 2 years ago for Halloween, my big one was Sulley and my little one was Mike! They went to the same school, and had a Halloween party...everyone got a kick out of their costumes and it was a lot of fun. The new movie is coming out in 2013, right?

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #139
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I went back to the room for our electronics immediately while Fran ran around the showroom floor, but this is a whole nother story that I will get to later!
Fran was on the showroom floor and the vendors were right by the arena entrance...can't wait for more updates.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #140
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Out of curiousity......did you make notes thru out these presentations??? You have so many details which make it a wonderful read!!! Loving this!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #141
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great update and info about up-coming movies. Those archives look great and such great stage props!

And did I read correctly? You moved right on past the Tron section?? Is Firefly lurking at all??

I thought about her as I sort of darted through that room, but honestly I didn't "get" the props that they showed in there. I haven't seen either movie, but they just seemed like some white space suits without the helmets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom6877 View Post
Love, love, love the updates!!! I am especially looking forward to the Monsters University movie! My boys LOVE Monsters, Inc. and so do I. I just always thought that was one of the most creative of the Pixar movies! 2 years ago for Halloween, my big one was Sulley and my little one was Mike! They went to the same school, and had a Halloween party...everyone got a kick out of their costumes and it was a lot of fun. The new movie is coming out in 2013, right?
June 21, 2013 is the release date. Wow! That's a long ways away! In fact the next Expo will already be over by the time it's out! That sounds like some really cute costumes. I bet they were adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
Fran was on the showroom floor and the vendors were right by the arena entrance...can't wait for more updates.
I know...dangerous place to leave her, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Out of curiousity......did you make notes thru out these presentations??? You have so many details which make it a wonderful read!!! Loving this!!
The first day I didn't take notes, my pictures mostly reminded me of what went on, but for the Studios I started taking notes and did throughout the rest of the Expo. I learned at Destination-D last September that I can't remember anything, as much as I think I will. I tried to do a TR from that event. All last year I kept asking myself, "Did they say there would be 32 or 54 different Star Tours journeys?" I kep thinking that 54 was too many, but I guess not! I started taking notes at the Destination-D in May and there is no way I could report such detail without my notes.

However, I haven't taken notes like that since College and boy! Are my hands out of shape from writing on paper with a pen!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #142
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Wow, June of 2013 for Monsters University?! So long to wait! But I'm sure it will be worth it!

I know it feels like it is far away, but like anything else, the time will pass by so quickly. I can't believe that another school year is about to start in a couple of weeks...I'm beginning my 13th year of teaching already!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #143
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
I thought about her as I sort of darted through that room, but honestly I didn't "get" the props that they showed in there. I haven't seen either movie, but they just seemed like some white space suits without the helmets.
If they were white, then they were probably the suits from the armory or the ones worn by Zuse and Gem. *puts geek hat on*

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #144
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:

The first day I didn't take notes, my pictures mostly reminded me of what went on, but for the Studios I started taking notes and did throughout the rest of the Expo. I learned at Destination-D last September that I can't remember anything, as much as I think I will. I tried to do a TR from that event. All last year I kept asking myself, "Did they say there would be 32 or 54 different Star Tours journeys?" I kep thinking that 54 was too many, but I guess not! I started taking notes at the Destination-D in May and there is no way I could report such detail without my notes.

However, I haven't taken notes like that since College and boy! Are my hands out of shape from writing on paper with a pen!
Well I know, I really appreciate all the details & photos you've put into this report. I'd love to attend one of these, but to be honest with you....I'm not sure I could handle all the crowds. So I'm enjoying reading this & kinda feeling like I was there right with you!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #145
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

Thank you for another amazing update!

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that The Muppets movie is coming out later this year, not 2012 as you wrote.

Robert

D23 Gold Charter Member
Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disneyland: 2006 (50th Anniversary), 2007, 2009, Dec 2013
Disney Wonder: 2008, 2009
Disney Dream: 2011
Walt Disney World: Numerous!
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #146
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that The Muppets movie is coming out later this year, not 2012 as you wrote.

Robert

Yes, Thanksgiving 2011. Looks like fun!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #147
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom6877 View Post
Wow, June of 2013 for Monsters University?! So long to wait! But I'm sure it will be worth it!

I know it feels like it is far away, but like anything else, the time will pass by so quickly. I can't believe that another school year is about to start in a couple of weeks...I'm beginning my 13th year of teaching already!
I know! I'm sure it will be a great movie, it seems like so long, but I will have made three WDW trips and hopefully CA F&W will have already come back too, so with all that to look forward to the time will pass quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
If they were white, then they were probably the suits from the armory or the ones worn by Zuse and Gem. *puts geek hat on*

Don't worry, I'm sure there were plenty of geeks there that ooohed and aaahed over that exhibit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Well I know, I really appreciate all the details & photos you've put into this report. I'd love to attend one of these, but to be honest with you....I'm not sure I could handle all the crowds. So I'm enjoying reading this & kinda feeling like I was there right with you!!!
As you'll see in the next update the crowds sort of ticked me off a little too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post

Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Yes, Thanksgiving 2011. Looks like fun!
As I said, I was getting tired writing the report yesterday, thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it in the update.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #148
franandaj

So after a quick trip back to the Hilton for both cell phones and the two cameras, we had agreed to meet in front of a sign at one of the Disney Living booths at 1:50PM. If I wasnít there, she would come back every 10 minutes. We didnít synchronize our watches in the morning because mine said 1:51 when I arrived and I waited two minutes, but she was coming back for the 2:00 check in. I do have to admit that I dilly dallied in the room a tiny bit, I tossed a quick update on the DIS before heading back.

Next on our plan had been the 2:30 25 years of Pixar presentation, but I was pretty sure that everyone who didnít make it into the Arena for the Studios had headed up there for the queue. We thought about the Sneak Peek at Buena Vista Street at 2:45, but knew that at 2PM there was probably no chance of getting in. We probably could have gotten in line for the Legends of Imagineering (4:30) or Monsters University (5:00), but truthfully I was a little presentation and queued out.

Right next to where we were meeting up was this display of props from the latest Pirates movie.

I thought this was pretty cool and decided to have a look-see and take some shots. Unfortunately youíll have to bear with me, the glass did not help my pictures while I am sure that it kept these artifacts from being spoiled. Even without the flash I still got glare on a lot of the shots, but Iím showing them to you anyways.

Auction pieces

We decided to head up to the second floor and check out the auction pieces which would be for sale this evening. Here are a few pictures of some of the ones that we liked and would have considered bidding on, until the bidding started!

[Continued in Next Post]

Old 08-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #149
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

At this point I was tired of sitting in rooms paying attention to screens, I really didn’t like the crowds and was just plain on oversensory overload and tired out. I knew we would be sitting in the auction room all night so I wanted a break. Fran wanted to go shopping. She asked if it was OK to go back down to the floor and leave me in the lounge. Sure! Free Cheese and Cookies and a cash bar! Sounds good to me! Now compared to the photos coming up you can see why I find this room so much for enjoyable than what is to come.

Here is the spread they laid out for us. Nothing incredible, but certainly better than nothing! They also had plenty of sodas (regular & diet) and water available too.

At the agreed upon time, Fran called and asked if I wanted to join her on the show floor. “Not really,” I thought, but I told her I would finish the cup of coffee I had just poured (wine didn’t go very well with the cookies) and be down.

Once I arrived downstairs all that serenity was gone. It was loud there were tons of people. The first thing she asks me when we find each other, “Can you give me a $100 bill?”.

Here are a few shots of the Collector’s forum. As you can see it’s full of private vendors who operate online or store front businesses that sell Disney and other merchandise. It was fairly busy, but not as packed as I suppose it could have been.

Here she is doing what she does best!

These people sold audio animatronic figures. I guess if you want to have a fake pirate in your entry way greeting your guests, here you go!

In some circumstances I would have really enjoyed perusing the wares of these folks, but I think my lack of sleep, my over stimulation, frustration with the crowds caused me to remove myself from the area and get one of these.

Fran was hungry so she had one too. By this time I'd had enough of the show floor, so I headed back up to the lounge, and she was going to join me shortly thereafter once she was done. The Auction Preshow was supposed to begin at 7:30, so around 7PM we headed over to the queue area. Since we paid $45 each for paddles and privilege of bidding in the auction, we didn't need to worry about whether or not we would have seats. The Auction was in Stage 23 which I realized was the only venue besides the Arena that I visited this year.

Next up the Auction Pre Show!

Last edited by franandaj; 08-25-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #150
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

"Flashing" or not....thanks for all those pics on Pirates. And I'm with you....peace and quiet in a lounge with no one there (and free food, 'flashy' or not ) is preferable to a throng of people.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: