Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
megnew
Earning My Ears

Arrival night dinner, departure day breakfast

I would really appreciate some input on this. I'm having a hard time deciding. I am planning 2 other character meals at wdw, Akershus and Garden Grill. I would also like to go to 1900 Park Fare at GF and Chef Mickey's. One meal would be arrival day dinner, one departure day breakfast. Is one better for breakfast and the other for dinner?
Thanks!
megnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
J&J
DIS Veteran

meals

chef mickey doe breakfast because mickey comes out while you are eating. he will not go to each table but you sing and wave your napkins. they do not do this for dinner.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I think it would be prudent to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's. The breakfast we had there was fun and tasty. The dinner left much to be desired. That leaves 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

Just be a little careful about how early you schedule an arrival day dinner ADR. If you arrive in the morning then you're probably OK. But afternoon arrivals are trickier. You could face all kinds of delays (or even flight cancellations) which could adversely impact getting to your ADR. If I'm arriving in the afternoon, I try to schedule our dinner 4-6 hours after we are due to arrive.

Also, with your departure day breakfast, don't schedule it too late in the morning if you are flying out in the afternoon. Remember that you have to be at your resort and ready to board the bus when it leaves 3 hours before your flight.

Of course if you are driving, then you can totally forget all this scheduling business. Have a great visit.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megnew View Post
I would really appreciate some input on this. I'm having a hard time deciding. I am planning 2 other character meals at wdw, Akershus and Garden Grill. I would also like to go to 1900 Park Fare at GF and Chef Mickey's. One meal would be arrival day dinner, one departure day breakfast. Is one better for breakfast and the other for dinner?
Thanks!
I think for 1900 Park Fare it depends on what characters you want to see. If you want Cinderella, it will have to be dinner. We did dinner before and it was good. Didn't really care for the strawberry soup that everyone raves about, but everything else was pretty good for a buffett.

Chef Mickey's, personally, I would do breakfast before dinner just because I am not big on buffets for dinner. I do like them for breakfast, but for some reason not big on them for dinner.

GoofyforDisney3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: