Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Mirthrindr2
Mouseketeer

No Irons in Italy Hotel Rooms

So we've been reading through our Viva Italia Pre-Departure Handbook and noticed it indicates Italian Law prohibits irons in hotel rooms.

We will be there end of Sept. first week of October which means cooler temperatures. As such I expect to wear khakis and long sleeve button shirts as opposed to casual shorts and shirts.

We've never traveled to Italy or locals where the hotels didn't provide irons. So what exactly does everyone do to keep their clothes from looking all disheveled on a 9 day whirlwind excursion across Italy where your clothes are constantly in and out of the luggage?

Thanks

Mirthrindr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirthrindr2 View Post
So we've been reading through our Viva Italia Pre-Departure Handbook and noticed it indicates Italian Law prohibits irons in hotel rooms.

We will be there end of Sept. first week of October which means cooler temperatures. As such I expect to wear khakis and long sleeve button shirts as opposed to casual shorts and shirts.

We've never traveled to Italy or locals where the hotels didn't provide irons. So what exactly does everyone do to keep their clothes from looking all disheveled on a 9 day whirlwind excursion across Italy where your clothes are constantly in and out of the luggage?

Thanks
Downey Wrinkle Release, it is awesome, you can also hang the clothes in the bathroom as the steam will take wrinkles out as well
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Lucky that our luggage doesn't go through x-ray machines like it does at airports and the cruise lines ... . I'm just saying

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

Try rolling your outfits as opposed to folding them - it helps to cut down on wrinkles. Also, we would decide what we were wearing the next day, and hang them in the bathroom - the steam from showers is amazing at dewrinkling clothing.

Many of the hotels in Italy are very, very old and not built to the same fire-code standards as north american hotels. The no-iron rule is in place for a very good reason - I am sure the results of an iron being left on and starting a fire could be horrendous. I personally would not want to be responsible for causing that fire, and think a wrinkle or two in my clothes is not really so bad.

Have a fabulous trip and don't stress about the wrinkles
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
sssteele
DIS Veteran

I called ABD about this just yesterday. No irons...no steamers... I'm packing more linen and knits.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
OKWAnneMarie
DIS Veteran

I always travel with Downey Wrinkle Release. It's a LIFESAVER! I bought the travel size either on drugstore.com or soap.com.
OKWAnneMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Have you ever been in an Italian hotel room? retorical question. They are not to U.S. standards and seldom have electrical outlets and if they do they will be 220 voltage.Old elecrical electrical wirings may not be able to support the large power draw of an iron. Many are converted historic homes and castles. You should follow local LAWS and respect the host countries wishes. After all who knows what would happen if a maid came accross your iron. Italian law is ...well...different than the U.S. You can follow the suggestions or just live with a couple wrinkles.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWAnneMarie View Post
I always travel with Downey Wrinkle Release. It's a LIFESAVER! I bought the travel size either on drugstore.com or soap.com.
I found the travel size recently at Target. They had LOTS of different products at the store we visited while at The World. Much more limited selection at home, so I was glad I looked.

I don't have a problem with some wrinkles. After all, I'll be 62 in a few days!!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
I found the travel size recently at Target. They had LOTS of different products at the store we visited while at The World. Much more limited selection at home, so I was glad I looked.

I don't have a problem with some wrinkles. After all, I'll be 62 in a few days!!
Target is the only store I have been able to find it in. I am able to get it at my local target. I swear by this product as well as I have previously mentioned before.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
snl2106
Earning My Ears

We were in Italy (Rome & Naples) end of Sept - mid Oct. The weather there was gorgous. We just brought a light coat with us. A nice pair of slacks & shirt for me and her a nice outfit as well. Other then that we ran around in jeans & i did bring shorts. Keep an eye on the forcasts there.
Most of all ENJOY it your gonna love it
snl2106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: