Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1246
pld5
Dreaming of Disney
 
pld5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 395

Back today from 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge

We had a wonderful stay! We all could see ourselves staying there again.

We had connecting rooms 5161 and 5163. Upgraded from Woods view to Courtyard view! My parents and DS could see some of Wishes from their balcony while DH and I were off galllivanting around the parks with EMH. We also watched the Electrical Water Pageant several times from the balcony. The first time we saw the Water Pageant was while waiting at the boat launch from MK to WL. The next few nights when he heard it, he bolted out of bed to watch it on the balcony because he loved it!

We used the pool twice. My son and husband loved the slide. We all just loved the view of it.

We loved everything about this place, but my parents would have loved an elevator right next to our room! As it was, my husband and son and I took the stairs down (or up) several times, and met them in the lobby or Roaring Forks, or the boat launch, but it didn't take them much longer than us. I think the stairs helped me with only putting on 3 pounds while eating all of that rich food (with dessert!) on the dining plan.
__________________
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #1247
dizzi
DIS Veteran
 
dizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 6,966

SOOOO EXCITED..........26 sleeps!!!

But i have a question.......

We are having a small get together early one morning in our room there will be 5 adults and 1 child we are just going to watch the sunrise and have cake fruit and mimosa's

? Do you think i would be able to have some kind of wine glass or champagne flute brought to my room???

OR should i bring them myself...I had already bought some plastic ones and theya lready broke just as i was trying to pack them

OR any other ideas
__________________
LYNN
dizzi is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #1248
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We had a wonderful stay! We all could see ourselves staying there again.

We had connecting rooms 5161 and 5163. Upgraded from Woods view to Courtyard view! My parents and DS could see some of Wishes from their balcony while DH and I were off galllivanting around the parks with EMH. We also watched the Electrical Water Pageant several times from the balcony. The first time we saw the Water Pageant was while waiting at the boat launch from MK to WL. The next few nights when he heard it, he bolted out of bed to watch it on the balcony because he loved it!

We used the pool twice. My son and husband loved the slide. We all just loved the view of it.

We loved everything about this place, but my parents would have loved an elevator right next to our room! As it was, my husband and son and I took the stairs down (or up) several times, and met them in the lobby or Roaring Forks, or the boat launch, but it didn't take them much longer than us. I think the stairs helped me with only putting on 3 pounds while eating all of that rich food (with dessert!) on the dining plan.
What a great upgrade you got and it sounds like you'd definitely return. In the future, your parents can always request to be close to an elevator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
SOOOO EXCITED..........26 sleeps!!!

But i have a question.......

We are having a small get together early one morning in our room there will be 5 adults and 1 child we are just going to watch the sunrise and have cake fruit and mimosa's

? Do you think i would be able to have some kind of wine glass or champagne flute brought to my room???

OR should i bring them myself...I had already bought some plastic ones and theya lready broke just as i was trying to pack them

OR any other ideas
If you're staying Club Level, you can take some wine glasses (they are out after 5 or you can ask for some earlier) from the lounge and return them to the lounge the next day. If you're not staying Club Level, then I can't answer that question, but maybe someone else can.

I hope you have a great time!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #1249
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran
 
figmentfan0724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: stow, ohio
Posts: 1,203

I have 40 odd some days til I am back at VWL for flower and garden festival!!!!I cannot wait!!
__________________
DVC SSR MEMBER!!!! AND NOW AKV MEMBER!
figmentfan0724 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #1250
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Rehab update...

From: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/01...ce=twitterfeed

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resort Renovations
by R. A. Pedersen

Earlier this week the Walt Disney World Resort filed paperwork indicating plans to fully renovate and refurbish the guest hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resorts. The work on the guest rooms should commence in the next few months and will likely be performed in gradual phases. The contractor, Thor Construction Services, is known for some fairly impressive high-end “luxe” looking projects, including nightclubs and resorts in Las Vegas.

The Wilderness Lodge room rehab (Disney actually calls it a “room rehab” in the filings) should finish by April 2013, while work on the Saratoga Springs rooms should be finished by the end of March 2013.







This is is a little different from what the CL manager was told back in August. He was told that it could take up to TWO years to complete. The proposed completion now seems to be ONE year, which really makes much more sense. And, the April '13 completion would match the CL manager's prediction that they would start the rehab mid-April '12.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #1251
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,665

Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans, especially our November RC Girls Trip!!
__________________
Christine


Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 02-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #1252
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans. but especially for our November RC Girls Trip!!
Yup!

BTW Christine...nice ticker
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1253
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,665

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yup!

BTW Christine...nice ticker
Just seeing if my RC Birthday girls are on their toes!!

I am thrilled that there is a good chance we can get a refurbed room (s) at WL - actually, with me along you can be sure we'll be in a refurbed room.
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #1254
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/01...ce=twitterfeed

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resort Renovations
by R. A. Pedersen

Earlier this week the Walt Disney World Resort filed paperwork indicating plans to fully renovate and refurbish the guest hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resorts. The work on the guest rooms should commence in the next few months and will likely be performed in gradual phases. The contractor, Thor Construction Services, is known for some fairly impressive high-end “luxe” looking projects, including nightclubs and resorts in Las Vegas.

The Wilderness Lodge room rehab (Disney actually calls it a “room rehab” in the filings) should finish by April 2013, while work on the Saratoga Springs rooms should be finished by the end of March 2013.



This is is a little different from what the CL manager was told back in August. He was told that it could take up to TWO years to complete. The proposed completion now seems to be ONE year, which really makes much more sense. And, the April '13 completion would match the CL manager's prediction that they would start the rehab mid-April '12.
How exciting....we love the WL. Thanks for the update .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #1255
saintstickets
DIS Veteran
 
saintstickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Petal, MS
Posts: 2,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/01...ce=twitterfeed

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resort Renovations
by R. A. Pedersen

Earlier this week the Walt Disney World Resort filed paperwork indicating plans to fully renovate and refurbish the guest hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resorts. The work on the guest rooms should commence in the next few months and will likely be performed in gradual phases. The contractor, Thor Construction Services, is known for some fairly impressive high-end “luxe” looking projects, including nightclubs and resorts in Las Vegas.

The Wilderness Lodge room rehab (Disney actually calls it a “room rehab” in the filings) should finish by April 2013, while work on the Saratoga Springs rooms should be finished by the end of March 2013.







This is is a little different from what the CL manager was told back in August. He was told that it could take up to TWO years to complete. The proposed completion now seems to be ONE year, which really makes much more sense. And, the April '13 completion would match the CL manager's prediction that they would start the rehab mid-April '12.
Does anyone know if this is just WL or does it include VWL as well?
__________________
Bill B

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #1256
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

More rehab news

I don't believe that the rehab includes VWL. I found the "pre-bid subcontractor meeting agenda" document online for Thor Construction and it only lists WL and not VWL in the document. I've taken the liberty of editing the more mundane parts of the document:




Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Guestroom and Corridor Soft goods Renovation


Date: 12/28/2011

Location: 1800 Live Oak Lane

Project: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Guestroom and Corridor Soft goods Renovation

Project Location: 901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Delivery Address: Same as above


Bidding Process Schedule:

• Mock up Room is scheduled for 4/1/2012 to 4/5/2012.
• First room outage is scheduled for 4/15/2012.
• Project duration 26 weeks.



Schedule: Project finish date is 9/28/2012. It is to be understood the sequence task cards may dictate a task to be performed in a given timeframe to allow for other trades to accomplish their work as is seen the best for the team as determined by Thor Construction. Schedule is non-negotiable and must be adhered to without exception.

Project Logistics:
• Working hours: 8:00 am-5:00pm
• Noise hours: 11:00am-3:00pm


General Project Scope Notes:
• The Scope of Work for this project is limited to the renovation of all guestrooms and guest corridors of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. (Including construction of Contractor Mock Up Room)
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #1257
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans. but especially for our November RC Girls Trip!!
I didn't know you were staying at WL since your, ummm, ticker does not closely resemble WL - but at least it's a MK resort! (BTW, so glad you are OK, Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yup!

BTW Christine...nice ticker
I have soooo lost track of you guys (hangs head in shame).


Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
How exciting....we love the WL. Thanks for the update .
You're welcome! I'm excited to see the mock-up. I've looked at Thor Construction's other projects online and they're very modern and remind me of the décor at BLT or the CR, which I LOVE.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #1258
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran
 
PamelaKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 710

So excited to go back

I stayed club level here last June and am so excited that I am going back in March. I have stayed at so many of the resorts, but I believe this one has become my favorite. The staff at this resort is the friendliest and most helpful. Can't wait to go.
__________________


Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #1259
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I didn't know you were staying at WL since your, ummm, ticker does not closely resemble WL - but at least it's a MK resort! (BTW, so glad you are OK, Christine


I have soooo lost track of you guys (hangs head in shame).
We miss you too. But no worries, we check up on ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Just seeing if my RC Birthday girls are on their toes!!

I am thrilled that there is a good chance we can get a refurbed room (s) at WL - actually, with me along you can be sure we'll be in a refurbed room.
hope you are feeling a little better today
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #1260
NC State
DIS Veteran
 
NC State's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johnston Co, North Carolina
Posts: 4,608

Hello everyone, we will be checking into WL Tuesday about 11:00 am. We're wanting to eat a CS at the hotel for lunch. Can you recommend something for lunch? Is the tuna like the tuna at Columbia Harbour House?
__________________

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: