Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1246
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Back today from 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge

We had a wonderful stay! We all could see ourselves staying there again.

We had connecting rooms 5161 and 5163. Upgraded from Woods view to Courtyard view! My parents and DS could see some of Wishes from their balcony while DH and I were off galllivanting around the parks with EMH. We also watched the Electrical Water Pageant several times from the balcony. The first time we saw the Water Pageant was while waiting at the boat launch from MK to WL. The next few nights when he heard it, he bolted out of bed to watch it on the balcony because he loved it!

We used the pool twice. My son and husband loved the slide. We all just loved the view of it.

We loved everything about this place, but my parents would have loved an elevator right next to our room! As it was, my husband and son and I took the stairs down (or up) several times, and met them in the lobby or Roaring Forks, or the boat launch, but it didn't take them much longer than us. I think the stairs helped me with only putting on 3 pounds while eating all of that rich food (with dessert!) on the dining plan.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #1247
dizzi
DIS Veteran

SOOOO EXCITED..........26 sleeps!!!

But i have a question.......

We are having a small get together early one morning in our room there will be 5 adults and 1 child we are just going to watch the sunrise and have cake fruit and mimosa's

? Do you think i would be able to have some kind of wine glass or champagne flute brought to my room???

OR should i bring them myself...I had already bought some plastic ones and theya lready broke just as i was trying to pack them

OR any other ideas
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #1248
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We had a wonderful stay! We all could see ourselves staying there again.

We had connecting rooms 5161 and 5163. Upgraded from Woods view to Courtyard view! My parents and DS could see some of Wishes from their balcony while DH and I were off galllivanting around the parks with EMH. We also watched the Electrical Water Pageant several times from the balcony. The first time we saw the Water Pageant was while waiting at the boat launch from MK to WL. The next few nights when he heard it, he bolted out of bed to watch it on the balcony because he loved it!

We used the pool twice. My son and husband loved the slide. We all just loved the view of it.

We loved everything about this place, but my parents would have loved an elevator right next to our room! As it was, my husband and son and I took the stairs down (or up) several times, and met them in the lobby or Roaring Forks, or the boat launch, but it didn't take them much longer than us. I think the stairs helped me with only putting on 3 pounds while eating all of that rich food (with dessert!) on the dining plan.
What a great upgrade you got and it sounds like you'd definitely return. In the future, your parents can always request to be close to an elevator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
SOOOO EXCITED..........26 sleeps!!!

But i have a question.......

We are having a small get together early one morning in our room there will be 5 adults and 1 child we are just going to watch the sunrise and have cake fruit and mimosa's

? Do you think i would be able to have some kind of wine glass or champagne flute brought to my room???

OR should i bring them myself...I had already bought some plastic ones and theya lready broke just as i was trying to pack them

OR any other ideas
If you're staying Club Level, you can take some wine glasses (they are out after 5 or you can ask for some earlier) from the lounge and return them to the lounge the next day. If you're not staying Club Level, then I can't answer that question, but maybe someone else can.

I hope you have a great time!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #1249
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

I have 40 odd some days til I am back at VWL for flower and garden festival!!!!I cannot wait!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #1250
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Rehab update...

From: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/01...ce=twitterfeed

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resort Renovations
by R. A. Pedersen

Earlier this week the Walt Disney World Resort filed paperwork indicating plans to fully renovate and refurbish the guest hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resorts. The work on the guest rooms should commence in the next few months and will likely be performed in gradual phases. The contractor, Thor Construction Services, is known for some fairly impressive high-end “luxe” looking projects, including nightclubs and resorts in Las Vegas.

The Wilderness Lodge room rehab (Disney actually calls it a “room rehab” in the filings) should finish by April 2013, while work on the Saratoga Springs rooms should be finished by the end of March 2013.

This is is a little different from what the CL manager was told back in August. He was told that it could take up to TWO years to complete. The proposed completion now seems to be ONE year, which really makes much more sense. And, the April '13 completion would match the CL manager's prediction that they would start the rehab mid-April '12.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #1251
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans, especially our November RC Girls Trip!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 02-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #1252
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans. but especially for our November RC Girls Trip!!
Yup!

BTW Christine...nice ticker

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1253
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yup!

Just seeing if my RC Birthday girls are on their toes!!

I am thrilled that there is a good chance we can get a refurbed room (s) at WL - actually, with me along you can be sure we'll be in a refurbed room.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #1254
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

by R. A. Pedersen

Earlier this week the Walt Disney World Resort filed paperwork indicating plans to fully renovate and refurbish the guest hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs Resorts. The work on the guest rooms should commence in the next few months and will likely be performed in gradual phases. The contractor, Thor Construction Services, is known for some fairly impressive high-end “luxe” looking projects, including nightclubs and resorts in Las Vegas.

The Wilderness Lodge room rehab (Disney actually calls it a “room rehab” in the filings) should finish by April 2013, while work on the Saratoga Springs rooms should be finished by the end of March 2013.

This is is a little different from what the CL manager was told back in August. He was told that it could take up to TWO years to complete. The proposed completion now seems to be ONE year, which really makes much more sense. And, the April '13 completion would match the CL manager's prediction that they would start the rehab mid-April '12.
How exciting....we love the WL. Thanks for the update .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #1255
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:

by R. A. Pedersen

Does anyone know if this is just WL or does it include VWL as well?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #1256
WDWKOOK

More rehab news

I don't believe that the rehab includes VWL. I found the "pre-bid subcontractor meeting agenda" document online for Thor Construction and it only lists WL and not VWL in the document. I've taken the liberty of editing the more mundane parts of the document:

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Guestroom and Corridor Soft goods Renovation

Date: 12/28/2011

Project: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Guestroom and Corridor Soft goods Renovation

Project Location: 901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Delivery Address: Same as above

Bidding Process Schedule:

• Mock up Room is scheduled for 4/1/2012 to 4/5/2012.
• First room outage is scheduled for 4/15/2012.
• Project duration 26 weeks.

Schedule: Project finish date is 9/28/2012. It is to be understood the sequence task cards may dictate a task to be performed in a given timeframe to allow for other trades to accomplish their work as is seen the best for the team as determined by Thor Construction. Schedule is non-negotiable and must be adhered to without exception.

Project Logistics:
• Working hours: 8:00 am-5:00pm
• Noise hours: 11:00am-3:00pm

General Project Scope Notes:
• The Scope of Work for this project is limited to the renovation of all guestrooms and guest corridors of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. (Including construction of Contractor Mock Up Room)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #1257
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks so much for the refurb update, Kook. This is wonderful news for all WL fans. but especially for our November RC Girls Trip!!
I didn't know you were staying at WL since your, ummm, ticker does not closely resemble WL - but at least it's a MK resort! (BTW, so glad you are OK, Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yup!

I have soooo lost track of you guys (hangs head in shame).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
How exciting....we love the WL. Thanks for the update .
You're welcome! I'm excited to see the mock-up. I've looked at Thor Construction's other projects online and they're very modern and remind me of the décor at BLT or the CR, which I LOVE.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #1258
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

So excited to go back

I stayed club level here last June and am so excited that I am going back in March. I have stayed at so many of the resorts, but I believe this one has become my favorite. The staff at this resort is the friendliest and most helpful. Can't wait to go.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #1259
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know you were staying at WL since your, ummm, ticker does not closely resemble WL - but at least it's a MK resort! (BTW, so glad you are OK, Christine

I have soooo lost track of you guys (hangs head in shame).
We miss you too. But no worries, we check up on ya
Quote:
Just seeing if my RC Birthday girls are on their toes!!

I am thrilled that there is a good chance we can get a refurbed room (s) at WL - actually, with me along you can be sure we'll be in a refurbed room.
hope you are feeling a little better today

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #1260
NC State
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone, we will be checking into WL Tuesday about 11:00 am. We're wanting to eat a CS at the hotel for lunch. Can you recommend something for lunch? Is the tuna like the tuna at Columbia Harbour House?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: