Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #76
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

( we're all over the place now...just noticed this is NOT the RC thread.)
It is funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That's a rant? Not even close. If I were you, I'd go alone like kaffinito did. You're always thinking of everyone else and when was the last time you did anything alone? Now, take that for what it's worth considering I've never gone anywhere alone and DH and I have never been away from DD12. But, it sounds like a good idea to me seeing the lack of pre-trip prep that has taken place on the part of the other attendees. Definitely do the anniversary trip, but I'd revamp the girl's only trip.
Alone.....I didn't even consider that. Mind you, I don't even go up the street to the store alone I would really like that, I would be comfortable, and do whatever I wanted. WOW I have NEVER been alone. I ALWAYS take care of everyone else, and financially I have to say I am starting to get a little aggravated that no one has given me anything towards the trip. I offered to do the hotel room and tix, one friend would do airfare, and the 3rd was covering meals during the trip. Needless to say, airfare went on my card, no reimbursement. At least I can change my dates and my deposit can go to another trip!

So if I were to switch my couples trip to WL. What do you think about a woods view? I can request a King bed, but I would be fine with 2 Queens (DH and I can totally fit in a Queen)....I don't think I will have the $ for CL by Sept 20th (our 45 day mark)
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #77
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
OK, I feel better now - I think. So I DIDN'T actually break the internet, Dani!

I hope everyone on this thread knows they don't have to comment ONLY on the WL and VWL. Sometimes we need to go a little off topic, but it always leads back to WDW Resorts, which is the important thing
Hey doesn't your hubby know the DIS is powered photos? you can't shut it down with them!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #78
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It is funny

Alone.....I didn't even consider that. Mind you, I don't even go up the street to the store alone I would really like that, I would be comfortable, and do whatever I wanted. WOW I have NEVER been alone. I ALWAYS take care of everyone else, and financially I have to say I am starting to get a little aggravated that no one has given me anything towards the trip. I offered to do the hotel room and tix, one friend would do airfare, and the 3rd was covering meals during the trip. Needless to say, airfare went on my card, no reimbursement. At least I can change my dates and my deposit can go to another trip!

Go for it!!! I am a total wimp when it comes to being solo at WDW - spent 2 ngts extra due to a tropical storm, after a friend left on time and I wandered around lost and sad. Maybe it brings back too many family memories with my son, but I definitely am not a solo WDW traveler. I did move from SSR to POP and sometimes wonder if I could do a short trip, like 3/4 ngts, just to get away and relax, but stay deluxe...then I'd have the balcony and room service. Maybe an EPCOT resort because I think it would be pretty comfortable to stroll around WS alone.

I love reading about DISers solo trip!! (what would happen with the airfare? Is it on SW so you could get credit and use it later?)

So if I were to switch my couples trip to WL. What do you think about a woods view? I can request a King bed, but I would be fine with 2 Queens (DH and I can totally fit in a Queen)....I don't think I will have the $ for CL by Sept 20th (our 45 day mark)
If you don't mind a view of trees, why not? Heck, you'd be at the WL! With just a little PD, maybe even an upgrade to a CY view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hey doesn't your hubby know the DIS is powered photos? you can't shut it down with them!

Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #79
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
If you don't mind a view of trees, why not? Heck, you'd be at the WL! With just a little PD, maybe even an upgrade to a CY view.
Booked Standard room CL. Just changed. Major PD...a PIN code. I didn't ask, she asked about CY and I was saying I was TRYING to budget...she checked the dates. Said yep CY with a discount, and BTW CL is available if you are interested....

I COULD NOT RESIST
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #80
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Booked Standard room CL. Just changed. Major PD...a PIN code. I didn't ask, she asked about CY and I was saying I was TRYING to budget...she checked the dates. Said yep CY with a discount, and BTW CL is available if you are interested....

I COULD NOT RESIST

(do the CL std rooms have the same view as reg std rooms? If so, at least you will be higher enough that it might not matter so much!)

Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #81
pas130
DIS Veteran

KOOK the pictures are great

In all my excitement. KOOK, I forgot to compliment you on the gorgeous pictures. You are doing such a fantastic job. Thanks! The cat is from HRH
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #82
sheri236
Mouseketeer

wow!! thanks for all your hard work! so much useful info! we will be at the wl nov 4th thru 11th for our 3rd stay and i don't know how i am going to make it until then! it has been several years since we have stayed there but we always pay a visit when staying at other resorts for dinner at artist pt. thanks again--i love all the details!!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #83
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
wow!! thanks for all your hard work! so much useful info! we will be at the wl nov 4th thru 11th for our 3rd stay and i don't know how i am going to make it until then! it has been several years since we have stayed there but we always pay a visit when staying at other resorts for dinner at artist pt. thanks again--i love all the details!!
We will be there too! We can get through it together This is my first stay at WL.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #84
sheri236
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We will be there too! We can get through it together This is my first stay at WL.
you must be checking in the day after us--how cool!! i see that you will be at the gf next week too and then an adults only trip in november--lucky lucky you!!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #85
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Great Pictures!!!
Finally doing the single digit dance!!! 9 days!!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #86
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Great Pictures!!!
Have a wonderful trip!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #87
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Great Pictures!!!

Make some magical memories!!

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #88
couldbeme
Mouseketeer

Checking in

WOW lots of people checkin' in on Nov. 4th..

Is it a holiday?
Should I be worried that it will be packed?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #89
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

A couple of things...

1) I sadly realized that we checked out 1 week ago... that bummed me out. The ticker in sig is wrong, it says we are going a year from now. It will probably be 2 years... I'm sad

2) While at the WL a couple of weeks ago (not sure what date) we had come back from MK on the boat during the fireworks (very cool, the captain even stopped the boat to let us watch). My DS and I were walking by the pool and we noticed people coming down the stairs from the roof where the flags are raised each morning. I asked cocierge about it the next day and she told me that they use that someties for very important occasions - a proposal, vets returning from Afghanistan/Iraq, etc. I thought that was very cool. Must be a great view of the fireworks, but I would be scared.

Now to figure out how to edit my ticker...
Old 08-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #90
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Have a wonderful trip!
Thank You!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: