Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #751
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn57 View Post
I have a standard view room booked at VWL. I couldn't seem to find a map like that of WL. Is there one or does anyone have any suggestions for me? When I stayed at BLT I was able to get a wonderful room with a perfect view of the electrical water pageant thanks to some suggestions. Don't really care about the view, just looking to see if certain requests would help get something better than a view of the bus stop.

Regardless of the view though, I can't wait for my first stay at VWL!!
I have never stayed at VWL and I've not heard about the best STD VWL rooms to book. Hopefully, someone else can help you with that.

Here is a link to a DVC map with the VWL room numbers and many VWL photos:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts.../maps-a-photos

And, another VWL/WL map:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Thank you WDWKOOK. Do you have any idea how long the rehab is going to take?
The manager estimated that it would take about two years and that one floor at a time (there are 7) would be blocked off. IMHO, I still say it would be better to block off one wing at a time rather than an entire floor, especially for Club Level, but what do I know...

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-16-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #752
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Two years. Hopefully it won't be to intrusive. The WL is the only place hubby and I stay.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #753
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Two years. Hopefully it won't be to intrusive. The WL is the only place hubby and I stay.
I've stayed at resorts during refurb and never had an issue. If you do I would definitely bring it up to the front desk.

I always think of it as the less people at the resort the better! It's like having the place to yourself.

Brian

Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #754
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
I've stayed at resorts during refurb and never had an issue. If you do I would definitely bring it up to the front desk.

I always think of it as the less people at the resort the better! It's like having the place to yourself.

Brian

That works. Actually I remember some years back 4 or 5 maybe there was scaffoldling (?) on the outside. And that wasn't to bad. That didn't bother us at all.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #755
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Isn't GF also being refurbed next year too? Interesting they'd have two Deluxe Resorts being refurbed at the same time.

Not too worried for our trip though... can't complain when in Disney right?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #756
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Don't you just love the feeling you get when you walk into the WL???? For that reason, I can't stay anywhere else! 24 more days for us
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #757
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hoping someone can answer this!!

I just want to clarify whether there are lifevests available for children in the pool...I know some resorts provide them free of charge...do they have those at WL? If there aren't, are you allowed to bring your own?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #758
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Don't you just love the feeling you get when you walk into the WL???? For that reason, I can't stay anywhere else! 24 more days for us

Oh my goodness!! That feeling is incredible. I keep trying to understand it. I guess somethings aren't meant to be understood......They are just for feeling.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #759
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my goodness!! That feeling is incredible. I keep trying to understand it. I guess somethings aren't meant to be understood......They are just for feeling.
Well said! Have you tried to explain it to someone???? You get deer in the headlights looks.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #760
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Coffee maker questions answered!

First free WiFi and now pods!

Yesterday, on another thread, I asked if someone could tell me if the new Pod coffee makers are now in the WL rooms because many on the WL thread were asking. elaw was so kind and helpful and actually posted a photo for us that they took last night!

It seems to be similar to this model's description:

Cuisinart "Double" coffee pod brewer. Brews two cups at a time! Compatible with most standard coffee pods including our Cuisinart Private Collection Pods. Compact design, easy pour lid, auto shut off. UL listed for home or commercial use, 1 year manufacturer warranty. Great for Hotel or Bed & Breakfast in room coffee.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-17-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #761
Smileybug

Quote:
Well said! Have you tried to explain it to someone???? You get deer in the headlights looks.
I've tried. I have sent youtube videos. I have shared the photo thread.......
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #762
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I just feel at home! 29 days for us!!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #763
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
First free WiFi and now pods!

Yesterday, on another thread, I asked if someone could tell me if the new Pod coffee makers are now in the WL rooms because many on the WL thread were asking. elaw was so kind and helpful and actually posted a photo for us that they took last night!
Great detective work WDWKOOK! Even better was the link to the Christmas Tree! Got me even more excited!!!!!

Brian

Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #764
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Lifevests???

Asked yesterday, got no response...wanted to check again...does anyone know if WL has lifevests available for kids at the pool? Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #765
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will find out in Feb....by the way my name is Stephanie and my husband's name is Mike too!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: