Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #46
couldbeme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeble View Post
We're currently booked at WL SV, but I'm getting very nervous about that decision. The pictures that I've seen of Standard are horrifying. Do all standard views overlook the service area? Is there a lot of noise for those rooms? Is the view really that bad? Please help! I'm considering changing back to AKL SV, but we stayed there last time, so we were looking for a change.
Don't be THAT nervous.
My theory when we stay standard is... don't look down- look out!
(and then I look in my wallet to see all the $$$ I saved for my next trip Courtyard BB view!)

Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #47
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Glad to see the RCs following along y'all!
Yeah, we rock Hi back at ya! I was thinking the same thing...we love our girl KOOK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You've got to do like CRRF4L and just throw some clothes in a suitcase (forget those pesky toiletries) and BAM! In ten minutes you're done. Or you could just buy clothes from the gift shop - they even have underwear
Any reason for new Disney clothes!!! I can pack old summer clothes, and slyly replace them on the trip instead of doing laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Of course it counts!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #48
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldbeme View Post
Don't be THAT nervous.
My theory when we stay standard is... don't look down- look out!
(and then I look in my wallet to see all the $$$ I saved for my next trip Courtyard BB view!)
Love your attitude and wish I could adopt the same...unfortunately, I am a view wimp and need at least a nice one every trip! Keep fingers crossed for a great one now and then.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #49
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi WDWKOOK. Sorry I'm so late to the party. I've been running, running with Dbrother in town. Congrats on a wonderful job!!! Everything looks great with lots of useful info and beautiful photos.

Our 1st WL stay was this past March for our 10th Anniv and we loved it. We are considering making WL a anniversary tradition. Ssshhhh, don't tell RCers I said that... oooops, they're all here already !!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #50
pas130
DIS Veteran

Here's hoping for a Bounceback so I can do WL for my couple's trip too
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #51
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

That news of a refurb starting in Feb12 scared me. We already had 3 nights booked in May with our VWL points and were waiting for the 7 month window to book additional nights with our other DVC points. I didn't want to take the chance on the refurb making less rooms available so I booked the additional nights today with a CR. When the 7 month window opens up, hopefully I'll be able to get them with DVC points and then cancel the CR. Thanks DISboard members for the heads up!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #52
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, rub Humphrey's nose for me!

If you go to the Mercantile, I'm sure you'll notice that the Resort Merchandise has already changed from the photos I posted on the first page. Even while I was there for 12 nights, the RM was disappearing daily. The CM said that they were getting rid of a lot of it and she had no idea what, if anything, would replace it. We bought some WL RM like key chains, a sweat jacket, a beach towel all for half off and within days they were all gone.
The only thing I am looking for is a specifc pin only sold at the Wilderness Lodge. A couple of months ago all the resorts came out with some pins specifc to the resorts that were limited edition and my friend from Orlando already got me the Contemporary pin in that series. So anything else I might purchase there would be a bonus.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #53
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

We are currently planning our 3rd trip to the Wilderness Lodge! Staying CL this time in a Deluxe Suite!

The Wilderness Lodge just feels like "Home" to us!
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
Old 08-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #54
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Here's hoping for a Bounceback so I can do WL for my couple's trip too

Here is the Bounceback offer we had:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The only thing I am looking for is a specifc pin only sold at the Wilderness Lodge. A couple of months ago all the resorts came out with some pins specifc to the resorts that were limited edition and my friend from Orlando already got me the Contemporary pin in that series. So anything else I might purchase there would be a bonus.
I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #55
bolgers love wdw
Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)

WDWKOOK.....thank you so much for such an amazing job on the new thread!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #56
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Ahhh, I'm starting to panic! We've booked a standard view room, and now I'm wondering if it was the wrong decision. We're going to WL after our free dining portion of the trip at another resort as an early anniversary gift to each other before heading home. I've mentioned before how much I love to sit on the balcony, but we just can't justify upgrading to a better view room since this stay is just an added bonus for us. What do y'all think? Should we stick with a standard view room and just plan on enjoying the hotel amenities instead of a balcony view? We won't spend much time in the parks since we'll have already done that earlier on the trip. We might leave for dinner one night, but otherwise, we'll be enjoying the hotel.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #57
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I indeed have rehab news straight from the club level manager. The rehab was due to begin in December, but it now looks like it will begin in February 2012. It will NOT be a soft rehab. It will be a top to bottom complete room rehab. Everything will be replaced, including the bathroom fixtures. There is already a model room that the club level manager has seen and he says it is fantastic and everything will be replaced. He predicted that it might take up to two years and will be done floor by floor by blocking off one floor at a time. No word yet on whether they will start at the top or the bottom.
This is exciting news. While I love the decor at the WL as I've seen it in pictures, it is always nice to have everything a bit fresher. I'm hoping for a Wilderness Lodge trip in December 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I wish the WLV would get some sort of rehab, even is it's just a soft one.
Me too! From the pictures I've seen, the VWL rooms simply don't look as charming as the WL rooms. It would be nice to save a bit of money and stay at VWL, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice the ambiance of a WL room.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #58
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post

Me too! From the pictures I've seen, the VWL rooms simply don't look as charming as the WL rooms. It would be nice to save a bit of money and stay at VWL, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice the ambiance of a WL room.
In person we found the WLV to much nicer than the Lodge rooms - prettier, more homey and Great Northwest feeling, if that makes any sense! Lodge room was boring washed out brown and gray blue...but others may think just the opposite!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #59
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer
I have been collecting/trading WDW pins since May 2001 and since then I have a total of 8 full pin bags, along with my favorite 14 pins on my lanyard.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #60
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

WHAT??? Y'all had a bounceback, KOOK?? We had nothing! No fair! So when are you going back?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: