Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #3061
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
7060 on the 3rd floor?
I think if you read the post you will see that is state 3rd room from .... not 3rd floor.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #3062
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome, Broncobilly83! All of the CL rooms are on the 7th floor except the Deluxe rooms which are only on floors 1-6, so you don't have to request that. Also, there are no "castle views," like the CR, Poly and GF have. There are some Woods View rooms in the North Wing that have a partial castle view, so this must be what you mean.

Online check-in is optional when staying CL. If you like doing it, then go ahead, if you don't do it, the check-in procedure will be the same, you will just have to present a credit card at check-in.

We tip cash to the housekeeper on a daily basis, but we don't give cash to the CMs. We instead give a gift basket that is shared amongst the staff. This is easiest since different CMs may be helping you throughout your stay - some seen and some not seen.

Though I haven't done it, I believe the concierges will be able to find out for you where certain characters will be on a given day.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Upper Woods View rooms can offer a partial view of Wishes if the room is in the North Wing. Lower rooms will be just that - a view of the wooded area that separates WL from Bay Lake.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I meant Woods View that have partial views of the castle/Wishes, etc. We stayed at WL in 2010 and had a great view of the Fireworks and top of the castle when we stayed on the 6th floor, room # 6024. We would be happy with the 6th floor again if the view is the same, but I am trying for the 7th floor, same side if possible.

With check-in, if we do online or do it at the resort, do CL guests have a special desk to check in like other resorts, or the same front lobby area?

Is there a relatively reasonably priced way to do a gift basket for those flying in? I can not see trying to carry that at 6AM through National here in DC, LOL.

What are the odds that a Concierge CM can help arrange for a character to "magically appear" at a park, if not previously scheduled? This will be our last trip for a couple of years while we work on buying our house, which is why we are "splurging" for CL, dining plan, etc, and I figure; since this is the latest in the year either of us can get out to the parks (due to holiday and vacation blackouts); this is my best shot to get a picture taken with Scrooge McDuck, but I am worried as I read last year they did not bring him out for pictures until 12-20, and even then only at the Contemporary, not in the parks!
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #3063
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think if you read the post you will see that is state 3rd room from .... not 3rd floor.
Thanks grumpy!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #3064
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

All of the following pics were taken on my cell phone, and I never claimed to be a photographer...

View of wishes from the balcony of our room -

View from the balcony looking back to the door -

New carpet in room -

New red leather around boxspring area of bed -

Bed -

Club level welcome chocolate -

Towel animal that greated us -

Shower with multi-levl soap dishes -

New tiles in shower -

Sink -

New bath products -

And incase you ever wanted to know, if you move the small table from under the mirror you can fit a twin sized aero bed in the room for your soon to be 14 year old to sleep on -

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #3065
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
All of the following pics were taken on my cell phone, and I never claimed to be a photographer...

View of wishes from the balcony of our room -

View from the balcony looking back to the door -

New carpet in room -

New red leather around boxspring area of bed -

Bed -

Club level welcome chocolate -

Towel animal that greated us -

Shower with multi-levl soap dishes -

New tiles in shower -

Sink -

New bath products -

And incase you ever wanted to know, if you move the small table from under the mirror you can fit a twin sized aero bed in the room for your soon to be 14 year old to sleep on -
Not sure if I missed it, but can I ask you what kind of room you had? Was this CL?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #3066
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Not sure if I missed it, but can I ask you what kind of room you had? Was this CL?
Yes, standard room club level. I did however have friends staying on the 6th floor below us. They could see a bit of the fireworks.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #3067
starousse
DIS Veteran

Thanks. We're not doing CL, but I"m hoping that in December all the rooms will be updated. We have a Courtyard View.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #3068
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Thanks. We're not doing CL, but I"m hoping that in December all the rooms will be updated. We have a Courtyard View.
Wow WL is up for a refurb?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #3069
Stupid_Judy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Another day of research, the first page is a bit confusing here. May have to do Poly GV or TPV CL. I know that resort. But I am still trying to understand this one. With no monorail. Boats only go to MK, right? If you dont go to MK buses are the only alternate transportation to anywhere else?
Quote:
Ohh ok, Cool. CR there is a truly confusing place for us. I don't think we will ever stay there lol.
Well we all know how you got to Poly last time...and your constant references to it here are almost insulting to us WL lovers. If it's so confusing & WL doesn't serve the same drinks as Poly then maybe you should just go back to the Poly thread. Oh wait, I don't think you were welcome there, either.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #3070
GarakDS9
Traveling is my hobby

Exactly one week until our first visit to WL. TA mentioned nothing about online check in. We aren't staying CL. From the brief research I have done it didn't appear necessary. Any advantage to online check in?

By the way the first page of this thread is far from confusing. This has been one of the most pleasant and informative threads I have posted in. Here is hoping it is treated with the respect it deserves.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #3071
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarakDS9 View Post
Exactly one week until our first visit to WL. TA mentioned nothing about online check in. We aren't staying CL. From the brief research I have done it didn't appear necessary. Any advantage to online check in?

By the way the first page of this thread is far from confusing. This has been one of the most pleasant and informative threads I have posted in. Here is hoping it is treated with the respect it deserves.
The only reason I do online check in is so that I can enter the credit card card info for room charges myself.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #3072
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid_Judy View Post
Well we all know how you got to Poly last time...and your constant references to it here are almost insulting to us WL lovers. If it's so confusing & WL doesn't serve the same drinks as Poly then maybe you should just go back to the Poly thread. Oh wait, I don't think you were welcome there, either.
Off topic.

Wow, ok back to WL discussion.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 06-26-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #3073
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
OMG your right i mentioned it twice. Someone call the DIS police! It was about 6 months ago, Disney did this out of the kindness of their heart. Not like we tried to pull anything over on them. It was their mess up. Your kind of stalking arent you?

Everyone there has gotten past the fact that disney upgraded us for free because they could not meet the deadline for the POR refurb. Why dont you get over it. You know what if this is how you pass your time worrying about other peoples business then go ahead. But you wont get to me, I just let it go. I appologized to them and we were just excited to be trying the place out so much. They got past it, we did, so why don't you.
Please lets all try to keep our patience and not let this turn into a flaming battle. I just began reading this thread about a month ago and have completely caught up. I recognized your name when you came on here, Venomhatch, because I've also been reading the POR and POFQ threads plus Andre's site. I think if you take the time to read the first, and very well organized, page of this thread a majority of your questions will be answered. That's where I learned about the WL refurb. It has been a great joy for me to learn more and more as I read further. I know that I have the luxury of being retired and not all people have the time that I do but for resort information threads it is well worth the time to read the first few pages before jumping into the latest pages. Welcome to the WL thread.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #3074
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Please lets all try to keep our patience and not let this turn into a flaming battle. I just began reading this thread about a month ago and have completely caught up. I recognized your name when you came on here, Venomhatch, because I've also been reading the POR and POFQ threads plus Andre's site. I think if you take the time to read the first, and very well organized, page of this thread a majority of your questions will be answered. That's where I learned about the WL refurb. It has been a great joy for me to learn more and more as I read further. I know that I have the luxury of being retired and not all people have the time that I do but for resort information threads it is well worth the time to read the first few pages before jumping into the latest pages. Welcome to the WL thread.
You yeah I was trying to put this to a stop now. We are actually interested in paying for WL. So I am going back to questions. Sorry to you for this. Anyhow, so does anyone have an up to date floor plan for at least the 6th floor? Thanks in advance. I have been reading the first page a few time now since the last post I posted. Again back to WL discussion.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #3075
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Thanks to those that shared photos of the new rehabbed rooms, they look great.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: