Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #2116
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I think there is a picture somewhere on this thread of the new coffee pot. It is a Cuisanhart and it uses the little pod packets. It brews 2 individual cups.
Ahh rats. Ok I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

My blog!!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #2117
tarak
DIS Veteran

Thanks PamelaKay!

Desiree, I found pictures in this post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=26

I usually bring my own coffee, because what they serve at WDW is so bad. I'll probably use the pod machine, but still bring my own coffee. I've gotten pods before at podhead and they've been decent. Shipping is very fast from what I remember. Someone on that thread also recommended coffee artisan. My mom has a kuerig and has refillable pods. You can probably get better coffee that way, but it sounds like a bit of a pain.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #2118
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
Thanks PamelaKay!

I usually bring my own coffee, because what they serve at WDW is so bad. I'll probably use the pod machine, but still bring my own coffee. I've gotten pods before at podhead and they've been decent. Shipping is very fast from what I remember. Someone on that thread also recommended coffee artisan. My mom has a kuerig and has refillable pods. You can probably get better coffee that way, but it sounds like a bit of a pain.
Thanks so much! Yea, we're driving in so I'm thinking that we will just bring our own pot and do it that way. I'll definitely give the pod a try but just in case, I need mine as a back up.

My blog!!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #2119
CBoysMomLovesDisney
Mouseketeer

Annual Pass

Can you purchase an annual pass at the wilderness lodge?

June 2012, 8 Great Days at Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #2120
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoysMomLovesDisney View Post
Can you purchase an annual pass at the wilderness lodge?
No, you have to go to a Guest Service in front of the parks or DTD to buy APs.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #2121
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks PamelaKay!

They use the Cusinart Coffee, which is better then the dreaded nescafe. I found the pod coffee to be better.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #2122
CBoysMomLovesDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

thanks. I have a room only rate with the annual pass. but i was hoping to buy it there. one less card to carry and worry about getting lost.

June 2012, 8 Great Days at Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #2123
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I don't read too much about the DVC rooms as we don't stay in them, but I have come across several negative reports about BLT and I've always wondered why. There always seems to be someone reporting that fixtures were broken or falling off the wall, things didn't work properly, no lock on the bathroom door.....the list just seems to go on and on, so I can see why you would be hesitant to give it a try. With that said, I think you may be answering your own question to stay the whole time in WL CL .
I agree...but we need a plan for kook to have a moment with DH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
OK, but do I have to drop a frozen chicken and break my foot right before my trip

Maybe...how about we just wrap your foot and say you did....cause that hurt

Quote:
Christine, what are doing trying to convince GG that she isn't crazy? Next, you'll be using the same line on Jeanette.
Are you saying I am crazy like my 3 day HRH WL-CR-GF idea Speaking of ideas...maybe your DD can sit with Princess Lily & Dani over at Poly for Wishes......you'll get DH to yourself for an hour....still planning for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hey! Jeanette and I would make a great team .... I'd just keep adding days at different resorts and she'd just keep changing them! Sounds pretty great to me!!! Who knows how long, how many different resorts and how many changes we could make!
Sounds awesome a trip around the world...Disneyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hey, whatever works, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, my good friend just got back from her first trip to the WL. . She said that they had a great stay overall, but that they found that the construction was quite noticeable and LOUD. She said that she ended up going down to the front desk after the second night, and they apologized, explaining the rennovations, and proceeded to move her to CL!!!! She said everything was fine after that...it was obviously on the other wing (south wing), so they weren't able to hear the noise anymore. Just thought I'd share her experience.
Sorry it was loud at WL for your friend...nice upgrade though!!!!!

Quote:
I think I have way too much time on my hands while I'm still on maternity leave (four weeks to go). In between feeding the baby and cuddling the baby, and watching marathons of American Pickers and Deadliest Catch, I've been debating whether I should make an ADR for WCC or somewhere else. It would be for lunch. We've had lunch before at the Biergarten in Epcot and love it there, so I'm sort of leaning in that direction. Can you really beat all-you-can-eat wurst and sausage?

Here is the romper I tie-dyed over the weekend. I'm not sure whether it will fit her next year or not, but I can always make another one.

I love it!!!! Congrats on your little one...that onesie is too cute

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #2124
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I have way too much time on my hands while I'm still on maternity leave (four weeks to go). In between feeding the baby and cuddling the baby, and watching marathons of American Pickers and Deadliest Catch, I've been debating whether I should make an ADR for WCC or somewhere else. It would be for lunch. We've had lunch before at the Biergarten in Epcot and love it there, so I'm sort of leaning in that direction. Can you really beat all-you-can-eat wurst and sausage?

Here is the romper I tie-dyed over the weekend. I'm not sure whether it will fit her next year or not, but I can always make another one.

That is too cute .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I agree...but we need a plan for kook to have a moment with DH...
I see you are determined .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #2125
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Looking to stay at WL for our next trip. I am wondering how hard it is to get room discounts on regular club level rooms? I am trying to figure out if it is better to book the deluxe room which I know has little if any discounts ever or if it would be better to book two regular club level rooms and hope for a room discount to bring the cost down.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #2126
calismic
Mouseketeer

Regular Club level always seem to qualify for PIN codes. The recent Spring/Summer specials also applied to CL. What time of the year are you looking to go? I keep all of my PINS archived so I'd be happy to look through previous years to see what may have been around. I'm sure DIS has all that stuff documented everywhere as well, lol.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #2127
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
I have mixed feelings about going back-sure have enjoyed the time at home, even if a lot of it was spent doing exercises and laying on a heating pad or ice pack! But I do miss the kiddies at school and there's really only a month and a half now before school lets out and I can be here everyday again! (in full panic mode I am sure!)
We have 4 in our group-my DH and I, our DD and her boyfriend. A 1 BR would have been plenty big enough but I didn't want anyone to have to sleep on a sleeper couch for 8 nights. This way we all have plenty of space and our own bathrooms. I thought it was important that we have as much privacy as possible. Granted, 2 separate rooms would have given us much more privacy (my original plan), but the kitchen, washer/dryer, and space to hang out is what really sold me. Plus, it's nice to try something new! Glad the bedspreads are not frilly-not our style. Thanks KOOK, for always buoying me back up when I start having doubts and worries. I am a compulsive hotel review reader too. I will let you know how the Best Western in GA is, if you ever decide to break up the drive down.
What do you teach? Many of us on the DIS are or were teachers. I bet your students miss you.

Thanks for the room logistics reminder. Yes, the two bedroom is perfect for the four of you. You're a very thoughtful Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, my good friend just got back from her first trip to the WL. . She said that they had a great stay overall, but that they found that the construction was quite noticeable and LOUD. She said that she ended up going down to the front desk after the second night, and they apologized, explaining the rennovations, and proceeded to move her to CL!!!! She said everything was fine after that...it was obviously on the other wing (south wing), so they weren't able to hear the noise anymore. Just thought I'd share her experience.
Very interesting. They were supposed to have a buffer between floors, meaning that when your friend was there, they should have been working (and still are) on the 7th floor, North Wing. The 6th floor, NW, should be vacant. Which floor was your friend on that was noisy? What did she think of CL? It sounds like WL really tried to make her happy and I hope she'll return, despite the noise.

Quote:

Oh, she's going to look so cute in that!

I love American Pickers, too. You never know what's going to be in that ol' barn!

I'm thinking that while both WCC and Biergarten can be noisy at times, would the loud German band bother your baby more than "We need more catsup?" Will you already be at Epcot? If you're looking for similar fare to WCC, but in a more sedate atmosphere, you could try Trail's End. But, they don't offer a buffet for lunch. If you're looking for a non-character A-Y-C-E lunch, WCC and Biergarten are all that's left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me what type of coffee pots and coffee are in the rooms? I'm planning on bringing my own coffee but I just want to make sure its not the Kureg type of pots.

Thanks in advance!

3 more weeks and I'll be checking into WL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that others have answered your question, but I just wanted to post a photo I took last month of the WL coffee maker:

I hope you'll report back to us about your WL stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
...You can also purchase them at SOG (if you're military of DoD eligible) and the TTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Maybe...how about we just wrap your foot and say you did....cause that hurt

Are you saying I am crazy like my 3 day HRH WL-CR-GF idea Speaking of ideas...maybe your DD can sit with Princess Lily & Dani over at Poly for Wishes......you'll get DH to yourself for an hour....still planning for you....
Yep, I could just see DD begging to come back to WL after 5 minutes and then losing track of Dani whose off in Lapu-Lapu Land while Princess Lily and Danimal are crying and running around the Volcano Pool looking for Dani - JK - thank you for thinking of DH and me - I think...

You're not crazy, because if you are, then there are a few of us here that would be, too and I'd like to think I'm perfectly sane when it comes to WDW Resorts decision-making

After your terrible frozen chicken mishap, I banned them from my kitchen. Only thawed bacon is allowed, oh and Squeez Bacon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

I see you are determined .
pas130 NEVER gives-up when the possibility of resort changing presents itself......so watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Looking to stay at WL for our next trip. I am wondering how hard it is to get room discounts on regular club level rooms? I am trying to figure out if it is better to book the deluxe room which I know has little if any discounts ever or if it would be better to book two regular club level rooms and hope for a room discount to bring the cost down.
I have not been able to book a Deluxe room with our military RO discount (nor suites). One CM told me she thought she had seen it available once, but was unable to find it for us even when looking 9 months out. As it turned out though, we're happier with a non-Deluxe CL room. But, you can always try to add a discount to any rack rate booking and you can even try and switch to a different room type later on.

If you do book a Deluxe CL room, they aren't located on the CL floor. They are about 500 SF, whereas two adjoining rooms would give you two bathrooms and would be about 680 SF. Also, the sitting room in the Deluxe room where the sleeper is doesn't offer much privacy as the door that separates the rooms has windows with a sheer curtain on them. But, they do have that queen sleeper and two balconies.

So if you want more privacy and two baths and you want to be on the CL floor, then I would book two CL rooms. If those factors aren't that important, then I would save some money and book one Deluxe room.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #2128
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Regular Club level always seem to qualify for PIN codes. The recent Spring/Summer specials also applied to CL. What time of the year are you looking to go? I keep all of my PINS archived so I'd be happy to look through previous years to see what may have been around. I'm sure DIS has all that stuff documented everywhere as well, lol.
I love that you archive your pin codes! I bet you have a beloved WDW 3-ring binder, too. I've only found the historic discounts posted on MouseSavers, AllEars and Intercot. Does the DIS have them posted, too?

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #2129
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
I have always wanted to try the deluxe room at the WL, but sadly, since discounts are rarely (if ever) offered on them, I have yet to book one. I would probably book two regular CL rooms and keep a look out for discounts as your chances of getting those with a promo are much better than getting the deluxe room discounted .

Quote:
pas130 NEVER gives-up when the possibility of resort changing presents itself......so watch out!
Oh boy, that's all I need......just a little extra persuading to change resorts.....like I don't already drive myself crazy .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #2130
Rorey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You know, I'll be honest, I used to wonder WHY people switch resorts so much. Until I started thinking about my experiences; last year we were booked at a Value and we changed to BC, then this year we started out at POR and now have changed to WL. I know not as extreme as some, but it dawned on me. I'm a resort changer too.

I guess admitting my issue is the first step right?

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: