Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #1921
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffali View Post
This is what it says when I went to look for availability on Disney's website, I did call over to Special Request and they said a room with a roll in shower has 1 king and 1 Queen bed... I just cant imagine where there will be room for this???????? I am hoping to hear from someone that has recently stayed in one of these rooms.

Courtyard View/Wheelchair Access with Roll-in Shower/Option for Hearing Accessibility/1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed
All rooms have one king-size bed and one queen-size bed, table and chairs, writing table, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with 2 sinks and bath. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access (additional fee), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Courtyard View Rooms offer a view of the courtyard of The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a pool, waterfall or the lake
I was assigned one of these rooms randomly, and it had one king bed. Any time I have been randomly assigned a HA room, it has only had one bed - so it's possible that some of the rooms have one queen instead of one king, which would give you more floor space if you need it for any mobility equipment.

I really loved the bathroom in that room - it was HUGE! There was a double wide opening in the middle to enter that faced the vanity. If you turned to the left, you entered the roll in shower, and to the right was the toilet room. I ended up getting the fever and chills flu on that trip and I was very thankful for the seat in the shower and all the grab bars.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #1922
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

We booked CL at WL about a week ago. Our travel dates are 111 days away today. How long should I wait for an email from the concierge people? I read you should receive an email at 200 days out but I booked at 118 days. How much longer should I wait before contacting them?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #1923
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
We booked CL at WL about a week ago. Our travel dates are 111 days away today. How long should I wait for an email from the concierge people? I read you should receive an email at 200 days out but I booked at 118 days. How much longer should I wait before contacting them?
Contact them now. Send an email to:

wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.co m

Put your reservation number and last name in the subject heading and tell them you haven't been contacted by them yet, but that you would like to introduce yourself or make a recreation reservation, etc...

You're going to love CL at WL! Congratulations on booking and welcome to the thread!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #1924
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
I was so excited about my October trip, I emailed them at 220 days out and have called them with several questions. They are always so nice and very helpful. This is my favorite Club Level out of all that I have visited.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #1925
tarak
DIS Veteran

Thanks mickeynut1 and WDWKOOK. Since our cruise will be before the three days at WL, we'll definitely be spending more down time. We'll have three mostly full days, so we'll take some time for MK and probably Epcot. Otherwise, I'm just happy exploring and the kids usually enjoy the resort as much, if not more, than the parks. I converted my husband from the Poly to AKL a few trips back, but he's more than happy to try the WL again.

The only meal I've considered planning is the HDDR. We haven't done that in about four years. My oldest (who will be nine but has been acting like a tween for at least a year now) will probably be rolling her eyes but secretly love it. She's into planning, though. So I can talk to her about where we'll go and what we'll do and leave my husband out of it. He really just wants to know when he has to get on the plane and what the temperature in Florida is supposed to be.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #1926
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Contact them now. Send an email to:

Put your reservation number and last name in the subject heading and tell them you haven't been contacted by them yet, but that you would like to introduce yourself or make a recreation reservation, etc...

You're going to love CL at WL! Congratulations on booking and welcome to the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I was so excited about my October trip, I emailed them at 220 days out and have called them with several questions. They are always so nice and very helpful. This is my favorite Club Level out of all that I have visited.
Thank you both so much for the quick responses! This is such a friendly thread and so informative.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #1927
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
My oldest (who will be nine but has been acting like a tween for at least a year now) will probably be rolling her eyes but secretly love it. She's into planning, though. So I can talk to her about where we'll go and what we'll do and leave my husband out of it. He really just wants to know when he has to get on the plane and what the temperature in Florida is supposed to be.
This made me smile. My daughter is almost 26 and we have been planning trips together since she was a little girl. We started out with me reading descriptions of rides to her and she would give me her reaction. Now, she is emailing me prioritized lists of what her BF would like to do and what he wouldn't like to do. (I already know hers!) My DH chimes in, but mostly he is in charge of the driving and packing the car. I think his favorite thing is being able to park the car and leave it for a week, letting Disney transport us everywhere!
WDWKOOK- speaking of driving: we live in NoVA too and we always drive about 10-11 hours on the way down and stay over in southern GA. Then we don't have to leave super early either day. But driving back to VA- one day. Who cares how tired you are when you get home?
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1928
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Random Question...

Is Roaring Forks open 24 hours? Just curious, as we often get back from the parks late at night, and often want a snack...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #1929
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
30 days is not long....you can do it and you will enjoy your WL stay .
I am READY!!! And I CAN do it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We decided that we'll never go there in one day again. This was our second time doing it, and you're just too tired when you get there and you feel grouchy and did I mention tired? We left at 0330 and it seemed much worse than when we come home in a day and leave around 0800. So my advice is to make it as leisurely as you can so that you arrive refreshed and energized!

Is your marathon work schedule done for a while? I worry that you'll collapse on a patient from exhaustion and they won't be able to press that little call button and there you all will be until the Dr. comes in...hours later...

So glad (and surprised) you haven't changed from WL/CL! I loved your sub-forum comment. I'm happy to have this thread be a Resort Changers' sub-forum, as long as everyone is changing to WL

Seems like quite a few of us have changed to WL I don't want to change, and I am not unsettled at all....(kinda like SL last year...I stopped at the 45 day mark I think) Plus all is set for DDs 6th birthday thanks to the IPO I did chage my Myrtle Beach trip into BC CL (still counts as a Beach trip right???? So the plan....leave Wednesday night...9ish drive straight through. Stop at Jax beach, spend te night. DH can snooze. Wecan play on the beach (DH won't snooze he'll play too) and Fri morning off to SeaWorld condo....Sun morning check in WL!!! Friday move to BC!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1930
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
This made me smile. My daughter is almost 26 and we have been planning trips together since she was a little girl. We started out with me reading descriptions of rides to her and she would give me her reaction. Now, she is emailing me prioritized lists of what her BF would like to do and what he wouldn't like to do. (I already know hers!) My DH chimes in, but mostly he is in charge of the driving and packing the car. I think his favorite thing is being able to park the car and leave it for a week, letting Disney transport us everywhere!
WDWKOOK- speaking of driving: we live in NoVA too and we always drive about 10-11 hours on the way down and stay over in southern GA. Then we don't have to leave super early either day. But driving back to VA- one day. Who cares how tired you are when you get home?
Aw - it's good to know I might still have a planning buddy a decade or two from now. The only thing that annoys her at this stage are the photos of food. She doesn't understand it at all. She wants to see rooms, pools, activities, that sort of thing. She's just baffled by the idea that someone would photograph her dinner.

My husband has no desire to drive, either. We're getting in a day early and staying somewhere near Port Canaveral. I mentioned renting a car to get from the airport to the hotel. I could just tell from the look on his face that he'd rather pay more to have a car take us than deal with driving.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #1931
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Is Roaring Forks open 24 hours? Just curious, as we often get back from the parks late at night, and often want a snack...
I believe it is closed over night. I just saw on the restaurant info part of the wdwinfo site they list the hours as 6:00 AM to Midnight, and that sounds about right.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #1932
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I believe it is closed over night. I just saw on the restaurant info part of the wdwinfo site they list the hours as 6:00 AM to Midnight, and that sounds about right.
Thank you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #1933
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thank you!!!
That is the correct hours, but you should also know that when they open at 6:00 a.m. it is with continental breakfast items. I do not believe hot items are available until 7 or 7:30.

I also seem to recall not all items are available until midnight, but would need someone like WDWKook to confirm.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #1934
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Rehab update and Deluxe room photos!

elaw was upgraded upon arrival yesterday from a STD. CL room to a Deluxe room and he so kindly emailed photos to me for everyone!

The 25 Deluxe (CL) rooms, (formerly known as "Jr. Suites") are located on floors 1-6 (I have a map and more info. on the first page). They have two balconies - one small and one regular. They are about 500 SF and they have an additional sitting room with a door that has a queen-sized sofa bed, two chairs a coffee table and extra TV. There are two queens and one regular bathroom that can be accessed from either room. elaw has a "bear face" Deluxe room, as you can tell from his balcony/window photos

Balcony/window views:

elaw provided a rehab update, too:

"I just talked to one of the cm's and they said everything is on schedule and the 7th floor north wing should reopen 1st week of may. They just boarded up 6th floor north wing today and were replacing door locks earlier today as well."

elaw
Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #1935
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
The only meal I've considered planning is the HDDR. We haven't done that in about four years. My oldest (who will be nine but has been acting like a tween for at least a year now) will probably be rolling her eyes but secretly love it.
DW and I will be staying at VWL the end of May with DS (27), DDiL (25), DD (24) & DDfiance (24). We're having one night of "do your own thing" where each couple can do whatever they want. DW and I have never been to HDDR so we decided that would be our "thing". When I mentioned it to the "kids", they all said they wanted to go too! I guess old-fashioned fun never goes out of style! Now DW and I have decided to eat at VWL's Artist Point for our "thing" but we're not telling the others what we are doing this time!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: