Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #151
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

We check in four days from now!

So very excited!

We have a standard room booked and my only request is that we not be on the first floor. I am going to ask to be put on the list for the flag family, but I bet that it is going to be crowded. If we were chosen, what time do you have to be there, and when is it done?

Thanks! We can't WAIT! Well, my daughter can wait...She doesn't even know that we are going.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #152
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoogrrrl View Post

So very excited!

We have a standard room booked and my only request is that we not be on the first floor.
I am going to ask to be put on the list for the flag family, but I bet that it is going to be crowded. If we were chosen, what time do you have to be there, and when is it done?

Thanks! We can't WAIT! Well, my daughter can wait...She doesn't even know that we are going.
We did this too, regarding a room request. I'm hoping we wind up on an upper floor, as we booked standard view as well, but I also hope a request doesn't bump us out of a possible upgrade to another view, LOL.

This is our first Wl stay, and we are VERY excited about it! I can't believe we are leaving in just 4 days!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #153
Kricketnp
Mouseketeer

I'm officially 10 days away from my first stay at WL...Do you guys recommend doing online check-in for the WL or is it better to check-in in person?

July 2014: POR August 2011: WL August 2010: Bonnet Creek August 2009: Pop August 2007: Saratoga May 2006: Pop June 2002: Coronado + 14 OP
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #154
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricketnp View Post
I'm officially 10 days away from my first stay at WL...Do you guys recommend doing online check-in for the WL or is it better to check-in in person?
I've done both but it really makes no difference. Some say that it's best to do it in person, other's say it's best to do it online. In the end it's a personal decision to be made by you.
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #155
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Blame away! I have your soon-to-be pin with the hidden Mickey and I think that's perfect for the BC and Poly.

Can we both be clueless together?

THAT'S my problem. I finally got a few pins because I love the character and I have no intention of trading them! But the two minutes of trading I did for the OB pin was lots of fun. I was told that I should put the ones I don't want to trade on a separate lanyard.

Anyone know all about pin trading etiquette? I would love to know!
It's so funny you mention pin trading etiquette... we can be "not so clueless" now! Found this yesterday after I ordered the OB ... Disney's Official Pin Trading Etiquette Guide. (Also a good one at The Laughing Place.) I can see my kiddo throwing a fit already; at 4 years old, the concept of freely giving something of hers up even for something in return is a foreign one.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #156
troynkasey
DIS Veteran

FANTASTIC job on the new thread. I love WL. It was the first resort we visited back in the winter of 1994 I believe it was. Then again in 1998 at Thanksgiving. We visited again around 2004 or 2005 and then this June. We've stayed value two years (never again), POFQ twice (loved it, but miss the deluxe), CSR (didn't care for it), and AKL in 2010 (loved it, but in a category of it's own). With all that said, WL is my preference. My parents bought in to DVC two years ago, so I forsee us visiting more often since they like to treat the grandkids, my wife, and me.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #157
troynkasey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you're hoping for an upgrade, then I would check-in when you get there. I have heard of people getting upgraded in person, but not when using online check-in. We are always happy with our reservation and book what we want, so we do online check-in to simplify things and get it finished that much faster. But like PP said...it's all what you're comfortable with.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #158
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
We did this too, regarding a room request. I'm hoping we wind up on an upper floor, as we booked standard view as well, but I also hope a request doesn't bump us out of a possible upgrade to another view, LOL.

This is our first Wl stay, and we are VERY excited about it! I can't believe we are leaving in just 4 days!
Well, if you see a family running around after an insane little blonde boy, say Hi!

The Standards are completely booked. I wonder if that means the hotel will be crowded?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #159
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Well, if you see a family running around after an insane little blonde boy, say Hi!

The Standards are completely booked. I wonder if that means the hotel will be crowded?
Hey, that could be us too, LOL. We have an almost 3 year old "insane little blonde boy" too. (And don't mind the partially insane 9 year old little blonde girl that he goes with, or the parents)

We'll be there from August 22nd through September 1st! Man it's getting close!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #160
bjgrazi
I remember those days fondly
WL is also my dream
Applied for a job at a clothing optional office

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynkasey View Post
If you're hoping for an upgrade, then I would check-in when you get there. I have heard of people getting upgraded in person, but not when using online check-in. We are always happy with our reservation and book what we want, so we do online check-in to simplify things and get it finished that much faster. But like PP said...it's all what you're comfortable with.
My husband just read this and asked, will they upgrade us to the main lodge (we're staying Villa's) I told him the villa's are an upgrade. He said "OH, they seem so far away". I had to tell him last night where we were staying. It was going to be a surprise.

He's not a huge Disney fan. He goes, because I love it and we have a 5 year old who's a Disney nut.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #161
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
I'm not a fan of online check-in but I do it all of the time I just can't resist the temptation.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #162
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
Hey, that could be us too, LOL. We have an almost 3 year old "insane little blonde boy" too. (And don't mind the partially insane 9 year old little blonde girl that he goes with, or the parents)

We'll be there from August 22nd through September 1st! Man it's getting close!!!!
That is creepy. Our crazy blonde boy is almost three too (October 1st) and our partially insane 9 year old strawberry blonde girl will be there too. I, however, am not insane, but my husband would completely disagree.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #163
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
We have done both and it really doesn't make any difference I think. With that said, I'm a bit strange. I actually like the check in process, as it's kind of like the official start of the trip, LOL. That said, I usually opt to just wait with the rest of the riff raff at the standard check in desk.

- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #164
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipperland View Post
WDWkook, you did an outstanding job on this thread! I am just sad that I didn't get to read before our trip.
We just returned from 6 nights CL at the WL and I am now hooked everything was just perfect. The people that work the CL are outstanding!
My husband made arrangements for me and him to view Wishes from the roof, as an early 50th birthday celebration. It was a total surprise and it is not easy to surprise me... It was one of the coolest things ever!
My husband took our cell phones swimming one afternoon. When we returned to our room and asked if there was anyway to get a bowl of uncooked rice, it was in our room in 5 minutes.
I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, everything was just perfect, every wish, request, and want was granted.
One of the CMs told us that the WL had begun renovations and they should be completed sometime next year. Very excited that everything will be new whenever our next stay is...
Again, kudos to WDWkook for doing such a great job!
Thank you so much, Gipperland. I just posted the thread on 8/11 and finished it on Sunday so you wouldn't have seen it before your trip.

We got back on the 5th from two weeks there CL, and I felt the same way as you about the staff and lounge. Great story about the raw rice. That reminds me of what a real "concierge" should actually do for their guests. WDW Club Level used to be called "Concierge Level," but I have heard that over the years, the service has declined. You and I found the service to be excellent at the WL, so I hope this becomes a trend for all CLs.

So when are you returning?

Quote:

So very excited!

We have a standard room booked and my only request is that we not be on the first floor. I am going to ask to be put on the list for the flag family, but I bet that it is going to be crowded. If we were chosen, what time do you have to be there, and when is it done?

I believe the Flag Family meets at 0800 and it takes about 45 minutes. Your DD is going to be so surprised!

Quote:

In just two weeks you'll be there

Quote:
I never do online check-in, especially if you're staying CL then there's no reason to do it.

I hope you have a great trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
It's so funny you mention pin trading etiquette... we can be "not so clueless" now! Found this yesterday after I ordered the OB ... Disney's Official Pin Trading Etiquette Guide. (Also a good one at The Laughing Place.) I can see my kiddo throwing a fit already; at 4 years old, the concept of freely giving something of hers up even for something in return is a foreign one.
Thank you for the links! Earlier today I found my "Pinformation" pamphlet in my pile of "trip stuff." So many rules! Especially on the LP site. I hope the Pin Police don't come after me my next trip. Should we all practice at home first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynkasey View Post
FANTASTIC job on the new thread. I love WL. It was the first resort we visited back in the winter of 1994 I believe it was. Then again in 1998 at Thanksgiving. We visited again around 2004 or 2005 and then this June. We've stayed value two years (never again), POFQ twice (loved it, but miss the deluxe), CSR (didn't care for it), and AKL in 2010 (loved it, but in a category of it's own). With all that said, WL is my preference. My parents bought in to DVC two years ago, so I forsee us visiting more often since they like to treat the grandkids, my wife, and me.
Thank you, troynkasey. WL was our first Deluxe resort back in '96. You must have visited right after it opened? I hope your parents treat you to a trip soon

Quote:

Hey, were you the crazy family at the Carrabba's the other night?

I think the least expensive rooms tend to fill-up first so it isn't necessarily an indication of 100% occupancy. At the CR, for example, the STD Garden Wing rooms tend to go first then the Garden View Garden Wing rooms. Now, for CL at other resorts it's a different story. Resorts with bookable CL views usually sell out the Garden View rooms first, Water View second and STD views last.

Have a great vacation!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #165
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Quote:
We have done both and it really doesn't make any difference I think. With that said, I'm a bit strange. I actually like the check in process, as it's kind of like the official start of the trip, LOL. That said, I usually opt to just wait with the rest of the riff raff at the standard check in desk.
When I went last year I opted for doing normal check in and it went fine. We had no wait (we were at the POP) and had great interaction with the Cast Member checking us in.

Needless to say when I do finally get back (hopefully Oct 2012 !) I'll just normal check in. Something about it just makes me feel like I've finally arrived on my vacation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: