Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #1501
grkmbee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I will say that having a CL room on another floor can be advantageous in that you will most likely have a balcony railing that you can actually see through and be able to sit down and enjoy the view
That's what I was thinking!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #1502
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
WDWKOOK-thanks for answering my IPO question. Since we are staying at the villas and not CL I don't think I would be able to access their services or help.
As you can see, since I couldn't widen the box, I narrowed the banners!
I know it sounds silly, but I am actually looking forward to walking the "shortcut" path from the villas, around the pool and down to the boat dock. There is something about this that is reminding me of our walks from our longhouse to the GCH at the Polynesian. No hidden speakers playing music in the bushes I guess, but still can't wait!!
Actually, there are speakers in the bushes. I've noticed some between the WL and VWL entrances near the bus stop. They even have some that play cricket noises and chirping. I love hearing it when I come out of the WL early in the morning to go over to the Sturdy Branches. I believe they're near the pool areas, too.

I forgot that you aren't staying CL. Only CL guests with reservations have access to the IPO and CL concierge upon arrival. But, there is a WL concierge in the lobby who can assist you with questions, tickets, problems, transportation, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Club level question....Am I right in assuming that besides the deluxe club rooms, all the other club rooms are on floor 7? Or am I wrong?

Thanks -
That's correct. The 25 Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6 and the STD CL rooms and two suites are on the 7th floor.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #1503
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's correct. The 25 Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6 and the STD CL rooms and two suites are on the 7th floor.
Thank you again for such a quick answer KOOK! We have stayed at WL so many times, but with this being our first time CL we feel new all over again !!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #1504
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Thank you again for such a quick answer KOOK! We have stayed at WL so many times, but with this being our first time CL we feel new all over again !!
You're welcome, Rebecca! I'm going to warn you, once you stay CL at WL, there's no going back and you'll compare all other CLs to The Old Faithful Club's lounge and staff.

It looks like this will be your 5th WL visit? You might want to let them know in your reservation that this is your first CL stay
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1505
Macavity
DIS Veteran

2 quick questons....

(1) If I am arriving on May 4th, do I want to request a North Wing room, since the renovations are being done on the North Wing and should be finished?

(2) Do they have bunkbed rooms in the North Wing?

thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #1506
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome, Rebecca! I'm going to warn you, once you stay CL at WL, there's no going back and you'll compare all other CLs to The Old Faithful Club's lounge and staff.

It looks like this will be your 5th WL visit? You might want to let them know in your reservation that this is your first CL stay
I am in total agreement about once you stay CL at WL you will never want to go back. I have just returned from 7 nights (Fri. Mar 2 - Fri Mar 9). The staff at the Old Faithful Club is the absolute best (Keith, Mike, Rob, Fran, Loyda, Kash and Christine are just a few of the awesome cast members) I have stayed club level at AKL, Poly, GF, Boardwalk and the folks at WL are by far my favorite. I had such a great time, I booked the bounce back 35% off to go back the end of October for MNSSHP and the Food and Wine festival.

I can't wait to see what the renovated rooms will look like.

I think I need a new ticker to count down to my October trip. I have a serious case of Post Disney Vacation depression right now

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #1507
Playgrnd
Mouseketeer

We have been to the WL for the past 3 years (Standard Courtyard View) and have never received a bounce back discount. What am I missing when we are on site? I'm just about to book another trip back to the WL for Nov 11 - 20, 2012 and it would of been nice to have been able to book this last years trip with a bounce back discount

Thanks everyone,

Lance.
Wilderness Lodge - Nov 2012
Wilderness Lodge & DCL Fantasy - Nov 2013
Beach Club - Nov 2014

Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #1508
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
.... I'm going to warn you, once you stay CL at WL, there's no going back and you'll compare all other CLs to The Old Faithful Club's lounge and staff...
I consider WL my "Home Resort". We like to do split stays, so I've been to most of the deluxes and have stayed CL at all of those we've stayed at. They're all pretty good and different. WL used to be the "worst" of them ... CL ws an afterthought. But since they added the Old Faithful Club, it's been one of my favorites. I love sitting along the rail with the view of the spectacular lobby .... none of the others (even GF) have that.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #1509
NCjenn
Mouseketeer

There's lots of talk about club level. My husband wants me to check into it. Right now we are booked for early October in a woods view bunk bed room (traveling with our 2 kids). From what I can tell the CL standard rooms are exactly the same as the regular rooms, right? The lounge with the continental breakfasts and the snacks, etc. sounds really nice but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. Are the rooms the same? If they are any bigger I might be tempted...
Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #1510
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am in total agreement about once you stay CL at WL you will never want to go back. I have just returned from 7 nights (Fri. Mar 2 - Fri Mar 9). The staff at the Old Faithful Club is the absolute best (Keith, Mike, Rob, Fran, Loyda, Kash and Christine are just a few of the awesome cast members) I have stayed club level at AKL, Poly, GF, Boardwalk and the folks at WL are by far my favorite. I had such a great time, I booked the bounce back 35% off to go back the end of October for MNSSHP and the Food and Wine festival.

I can't wait to see what the renovated rooms will look like.

I think I need a new ticker to count down to my October trip. I have a serious case of Post Disney Vacation depression right now
Your mentioning all the great WL CL CMs brought such a smile to my face, PamelaKay. I just have to add the most wonderful CL manager, Randy, to that list. He is a true professional in every sense of the word. He genuinely cares about each guest's CL experience and wants it to be a memorable one.

How exciting that you booked a BB! Isn't it great leaving WDW knowing when you'll return? You MUST get a ticker and start planning some ADRs to hold you over until your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
2 quick questons....

(1) If I am arriving on May 4th, do I want to request a North Wing room, since the renovations are being done on the North Wing and should be finished?

(2) Do they have bunkbed rooms in the North Wing?

thanks in advance!
I don't know where the bunk beds are located. Your request depends on which view you prefer and if you want a renovated room. There are three CL views: Woods, VWL Courtyard or WL Courtyard. If you want a bunk, then just request that in your reservation and with the IPO. If you want a particular view, request that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playgrnd View Post
We have been to the WL for the past 3 years (Standard Courtyard View) and have never received a bounce back discount. What am I missing when we are on site? I'm just about to book another trip back to the WL for Nov 11 - 20, 2012 and it would of been nice to have been able to book this last years trip with a bounce back discount

Thanks everyone,

Lance.
Bounceback offers look like this:

They are placed on the table in the room and MUST be booked PRIOR to check-out. Once you check-out, they can't be booked. Not every resort offers them and they aren't available all the time.

Here is a link to historic Bounceback offer dates. You can check the chart and compare it to when you were there to see if it was even offered:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
I consider WL my "Home Resort". We like to do split stays, so I've been to most of the deluxes and have stayed CL at all of those we've stayed at. They're all pretty good and different. WL used to be the "worst" of them ... CL ws an afterthought. But since they added the Old Faithful Club, it's been one of my favorites. I love sitting along the rail with the view of the spectacular lobby .... none of the others (even GF) have that.
Isn't that view down to the lobby wonderful? I love sitting along the railing in the evening and next to the huge window at breakfast. I love looking at Bay Lake and the courtyard. I can't wait to be back in less than 3 weeks. We're also trying 3 nights at BWI/CL. I've heard great things about their CL, so I'm eager to compare the two.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #1511
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCjenn View Post
There's lots of talk about club level. My husband wants me to check into it. Right now we are booked for early October in a woods view bunk bed room (traveling with our 2 kids). From what I can tell the CL standard rooms are exactly the same as the regular rooms, right? The lounge with the continental breakfasts and the snacks, etc. sounds really nice but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. Are the rooms the same? If they are any bigger I might be tempted...
CL rooms are identical to non-CL rooms, with the exception of the Deluxe rooms which are larger and have a sleeper sofa in a sitting area and two balconies.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1512
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... Isn't that view down to the lobby wonderful? I love sitting along the railing in the evening and next to the huge window at breakfast. I love looking at Bay Lake and the courtyard. I can't wait to be back in less than 3 weeks. We're also trying 3 nights at BWI/CL. I've heard great things about their CL, so I'm eager to compare the two.
For Breakfast, We always try to get the table by the little window closest to the lounge that overlooks the pool and Bay lake. In April (only 5 more weeks to go), We will be staying at both WL and BWI CL too
They are very different themes but both are wonderful in their own ways.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1513
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
For Breakfast, We always try to get the table by the little window closest to the lounge that overlooks the pool and Bay lake. In April (only 5 more weeks to go), We will be staying at both WL and BWI CL too
They are very different themes but both are wonderful in their own ways.
I didn't know you were doing the same split. Yesterday, I switched to a Garden Cottage. Have you ever stayed in one? Are you staying the same amount of time at both resorts?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #1514
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know you were doing the same split. Yesterday, I switched to a Garden Cottage. Have you ever stayed in one? Are you staying the same amount of time at both resorts?
Great minds think alike ...lol
I've only stayed at BWI once quite a few years ago ... I think it was a "garden view" room but not certain. We had to switch rooms due to some mold issues in the shower/bathtub. (Very strong mold odor). We're doing a "Mega" split stay this upcoming trip (just so I can say I've stayed at all of the moderates) ... two nights each for CSR, POR, POFQ, WL and BWI, so I guess the answer is yes as far as staying the same amount of time
The resorts are even a little more important to us than the parks.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #1515
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;44300051]According to this sign I have on the first page, the DTD and TL buses are one in the same. I recall taking a DTD bus from WL in July and it did stop at a water park.

Yes, the bus will operate about one hour prior to park opening, including AM EMH days.

I hope you have a great stay at WL!

Sorry if I didn't ask that correctly. My question is will the bus stop at TL first before DTD? Or is it just up to the driver that day? I'd like to think there first considering a rope drop as opposed to stores opening.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: