Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #136
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Hi- does anyone know if I can get diet caffeine soda CL? Since we were there last year I have had to cut out caffeine-makes me real "stressy" lately.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #137
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

OK, just upgraded to Photobucket Pro - all is well again on this thread and beyond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzman View Post
We are staying at the WL for the first time next month. It really seems to be one of the best values among WDW resorts. Thanks for this fantastic thread, it definitely has us looking even more forward to our upcoming stay.
I'm so glad you like the thread, sdzman. The WL is a good value in the Deluxe category, isn't it? It also has the least expensive CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
WDWKOOK~I will be more then happy to take pictures of the JR. Suite for you...you can hold off until Aug 2012 though right? That's when we are going back....ignore my ticker it's to throw off my girls
2012? As in one year from now? I've never been one to be patient, but if you can wait, then I can wait. Thanks! I look forward to seeing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Hi- does anyone know if I can get diet caffeine soda CL? Since we were there last year I have had to cut out caffeine-makes me real "stressy" lately.
I have the same issue and while they do not stock a caffeine-free diet soda, just let the IPO know AND then ask one of the CL staff when you check-in if they can get it for you. It shouldn't be a problem, but you may have to remind them
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #138
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #139
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!!
You're welcome, marymac123!

BTW, the only caffeine-free soda they stock is Sprite (non-diet).
Old 08-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #140
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer
I'll have to blame you for my new obsession; since my new Orange Bird Pin is on its way to me. Got the one on the lounge chair ... thought it would be most appropriate for The BC & Poly. I am completely clueless about Pin Trading. Methinks I'll just get a Halloween lanyard and let the kidlet don the goodies.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #141
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'll have to blame you for my new obsession; since my new Orange Bird Pin is on its way to me. Got the one on the lounge chair ... thought it would be most appropriate for The BC & Poly. I am completely clueless about Pin Trading. Methinks I'll just get a Halloween lanyard and let the kidlet don the goodies.
YEAH! Did you find it on line? I definitely must order one...or two.... I'll not be trading these for sure!!

Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #142
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Any ideas on how to make sure you get a room over looking the lobby? I would just love walking out of my room during Christmas and seeing the lobby all decked out in its Christmas splender.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #143
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I love the new thread!

I have a question about making a room request...I'll be staying in a courtyard view room this year, and I'm afraid if I'm too close to the pool, it's going to be really noisy.

I was thinking, maybe a room here (where I've circled in purple)

won't be so noisy. Has anyone here stayed in one of those rooms? Are they pretty quiet?

And how would I go about requesting a room there? Would I say "inner courtyard"?

Should I not bother with a room request and just take my chances? I actually wanted a woods view, but they were booked!

TIA!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #144
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

2012? As in one year from now? I've never been one to be patient, but if you can wait, then I can wait. Thanks! I look forward to seeing them
Yep, that's all we can afford to do is once a year (until I win the Lottery *begins to pray Dear God let me win the lottery to feed my Wilderness Lodge and Disney Addiction 4 times a year for the rest of my long days). I promise I will take good pictures for you and even zoom in on every little detail (even if I have to keep my kids out of the room for a while to do it...or I could do video of the room with our new camcorder/picture taker that's in layaway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

I have a question about making a room request...I'll be staying in a courtyard view room this year, and I'm afraid if I'm too close to the pool, it's going to be really noisy.

won't be so noisy. Has anyone here stayed in one of those rooms? Are they pretty quiet?

And how would I go about requesting a room there? Would I say "inner courtyard"?

Should I not bother with a room request and just take my chances? I actually wanted a woods view, but they were booked!

TIA!
I have actually stayed in the rooms that are in the "arms" of the bear on the 4th floor. I hardly heard any noise really at that height. The ONLY time I could hear what was going on in the pool area was when the sliding door was open. Besides after the life guards go home for the night at 10, everyone who is in the pool quiets down greatly.
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #145
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Quote:

TIA!
I stayed in one of those rooms in May 2008 and had no complaints about noise at all. My mom and I loved the room location and it was nice to walk out the door and look down on the lobby every morning.

We were on the same side as The Whispering Canyon Cafe and did not hear anything... then again we were mostly out of the room during their busy times.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #146
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
That's terrific Sheila. I know this trip will be bittersweet for both of you, so I am SO glad you are both getting excited

My DH has NEVER been so happy to go to Disney! He's even excited about the GF! I am really hoping that DH is changing over to a Disney lover, and I think WL will seal the deal

I haven't done the Tiki room since I was 12 I think, but I can sing the song verbatim (thanks to a Disneyland record I wore out as a kid)
I am glad your DH is excited about this trip and staying at GF. My DH never wanted to go until I booked our first trip with my two DS's minus one husband. This was back in 1989. He came home the next day from work saying he had the week off and wanted to go and has actually always wanted to go back since then.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #147
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Christine -

You sold me on the villas, who knows if a studio becomes available, the bug has bit me to switch now.
Oh, no! What have I done?!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #148
WDWKOOK

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Blame away! I have your soon-to-be pin with the hidden Mickey and I think that's perfect for the BC and Poly.

Can we both be clueless together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
YEAH! Did you find it on line? I definitely must order one...or two.... I'll not be trading these for sure!!
THAT'S my problem. I finally got a few pins because I love the character and I have no intention of trading them! But the two minutes of trading I did for the OB pin was lots of fun. I was told that I should put the ones I don't want to trade on a separate lanyard.

Anyone know all about pin trading etiquette? I would love to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
Any ideas on how to make sure you get a room over looking the lobby? I would just love walking out of my room during Christmas and seeing the lobby all decked out in its Christmas splender.
You would need to book a Courtyard View and request the following:

"INNER COURTYARD VIEW ROOM OFF THE LOBBY, PLEASE." These rooms are on the 4th and 5th floors and the lobby is right outside the room door. They are odd numbered from 4067-4079 and 5067-5069, but don't request a specific room number. When you check-in, even if your room isn't ready, ask to see the location of your room on the resort map. If it's not one of the rooms mentioned above, ask again if you can be located in one.

Good luck!

Quote:

TIA!
I have found the Courtyard View rooms to only be noisy when the sliding glass door is open or if I'm on the balcony and ONLY during the pool party in the afternoon because of the loud music.

The inner courtyard views all face into the courtyard/pool/geyser area. Some of what you have circled is actually "outer courtyard," (just made that term up) which is actually a Woods View, which is what you would prefer.

If you really want a Woods View, keep checking the WDW booking site, especially 45 and 5 days prior to arrival. Many people cancel packages and room-only bookings at that time so something might open-up for you and you'd even save a little money

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
Yep, that's all we can afford to do is once a year (until I win the Lottery *begins to pray Dear God let me win the lottery to feed my Wilderness Lodge and Disney Addiction 4 times a year for the rest of my long days). I promise I will take good pictures for you and even zoom in on every little detail (even if I have to keep my kids out of the room for a while to do it...or I could do video of the room with our new camcorder/picture taker that's in layaway

I have actually stayed in the rooms that are in the "arms" of the bear on the 4th floor. I hardly heard any noise really at that height. The ONLY time I could hear what was going on in the pool area was when the sliding door was open. Besides after the life guards go home for the night at 10, everyone who is in the pool quiets down greatly.
Yes! The lottery! But, I'd be moving to Golden Oak if I win the lottery (But, maybe after a whirlwind stay at the resorts while the house is being built)

You're right about the noise not being an issue. I am very noise sensitive and I have never found the pool to be an issue, even at night. Unlike some resort pools, I'd say the Silver Creek pool has pretty quiet guests.

Now, when you take those photos, don't zoom in too closely on all the dust
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #149
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I am glad your DH is excited about this trip and staying at GF. My DH never wanted to go until I booked our first trip with my two DS's minus one husband. This was back in 1989. He came home the next day from work saying he had the week off and wanted to go and has actually always wanted to go back since then.
DH always complains "Disney again" But he knows how happy I get, and when he realized I was planning a trip without him.....then things changed.Last night he was saying, we should do this every year And I overheard DD and DH talking about a trip next year for all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, no! What have I done?!

disneywatcher That looks wonderful!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #150
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

WDWkook, you did an outstanding job on this thread! I am just sad that I didn't get to read before our trip.
We just returned from 6 nights CL at the WL and I am now hooked everything was just perfect. The people that work the CL are outstanding!
My husband made arrangements for me and him to view Wishes from the roof, as an early 50th birthday celebration. It was a total surprise and it is not easy to surprise me... It was one of the coolest things ever!
My husband took our cell phones swimming one afternoon. When we returned to our room and asked if there was anyway to get a bowl of uncooked rice, it was in our room in 5 minutes.
I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, everything was just perfect, every wish, request, and want was granted.
One of the CMs told us that the WL had begun renovations and they should be completed sometime next year. Very excited that everything will be new whenever our next stay is...
Again, kudos to WDWkook for doing such a great job!

Last edited by Gipperland; 08-16-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: