Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Corrineee
Mouseketeer

Hotel New York or Disneyland Hotel at Xmas 2011

Hi we are going to Disney on 12th Dec, so it will be really cold (hopefully not wet)!! We have 2 small children 4 & 5, can't decide whether we should stay at the New York or Disneyland Hotel its about £300 more, any ideas ...... how much better is the Disneyland Hotel ? is it worth it ? thanks guys !!
Corrineee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
GO2209
Mouseketeer

We struggled to decide between those two hotel options... In the end we decided on the Disneyland Hotel. That was in preference to the Empire floor at NY.

If the weather is anything like as cold as last winter, we figured being as close to the park as possible would be a good idea. Also, for us at least, the Disneyland just 'feels' more special a xmas.

£300 is a good chunk of money - but i think if the money was the deciding factor we would have considered sequoia as that too feels more 'Disney' than the NY.

G.
GO2209 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Hi Corrineee,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board .

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
wmoon
Mouseketeer

We were there last Christmas, think it was 14th December and it was pretty cold.

Both hotels are nice and no I doubt dlh is worth £300 more than hny. We stayed at DLH and it was brilliant being so close to the parks, you could be inside from watching the parade within a couple of minutes and it was very Christmasy. As I said prob not worth the extra money but if we went again at that time of year I would book DLH if I could afford it.

Ps my DS has just turned 4 this week and loves both Hotels.

Sure you will have a great time at either one.

Pps remember to pack snow suits for the kids, my DS wore his constantly along with furry buzz lightyear boots, hat, gloves and scarf and never once complained about the cold.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Corrineee
Mouseketeer

Watching parades from rooms ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoon View Post
We were there last Christmas, think it was 14th December and it was pretty cold.

Both hotels are nice and no I doubt dlh is worth £300 more than hny. We stayed at DLH and it was brilliant being so close to the parks, you could be inside from watching the parade within a couple of minutes and it was very Christmasy. As I said prob not worth the extra money but if we went again at that time of year I would book DLH if I could afford it.

Thanks for your help, can you see the parades from any of the DLH standard rooms ? Still cant decide which one to go for !! LOL, thanks again
Old 08-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #6
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrineee View Post
Thanks for your help, can you see the parades from any of the DLH standard rooms ? Still cant decide which one to go for !! LOL, thanks again
I don't think you can, even if you got a room with a view it is likely to be restricted as I think they put the Castle Club rooms with the better views.

I have stayed in both and like the DLH but do not think its worth the extra money they charge unless there is a good deal like 50% off I personally would choose the HNY and save the difference

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
wmoon
Mouseketeer

Hi

No you can't see much from any of the standard rooms, the best thing was the location!

If you can afford it, it's a nice experience to say there but as I said you don't really get a lot extra for the money. £300 could be spent on a few really nice meals, especially inventions.

We are staying at DLH on our next trip, my MIL is treating us for a halloween trip (it's her favourite hotel). But we have also stayed at HNY twice and the Cheyenne and I have enjoyed both of them as well. The walk back through the village after the parks close is nice and I did feel we missed out on the village when we stayed at DLH.

The park itself is so festive and lovely at Christmas I think you would have a great time whatever hotel you decide on, just a matter of what you want to spend, I think we got a pretty good discount at the DLH last Christmas and we only booked wit about two weeks notice as our original trip for end of November had been cancelled due to the weather, bad snow in Edinburgh. By the time we booked HNY was not available and my MIL who is 70 didn't want to at a hotel any further away than HNY so that's why we luckily ended up in DLH.

Ps HNY was my mother in laws previous favourite and if I was going back during the warmer months I might well chose the Cheyenne as it had good stuff for kids.

Hard to decide!
Wendy x
Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoon View Post
The walk back through the village after the parks close is nice and I did feel we missed out on the village when we stayed at DLH.
That's exactly what I felt after our stay at DLH although my DH was relieved as he said it stopped us spending money!

I think if you can afford the extra £300 without it affecting the rest of your holiday plans then go for the DLH as you really can't beat the location especially when it's cold/wet - otherwise opt for HNY and have fun spending the extra!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
ScotScroogeMcDuck
Mouseketeer

Hi,

we've stayed at both and enjoyed them both thoroughly. We stayed at DLP Hotel because my wife had always wanted to stay there but afterwards we both agreed it wasn't worth the extra however we are very glad we did stay there.

All in all we were glad we paid the extra once so we could say we've stayed there and it was worth the memories, although after doing it once I wouldn't do it again.

The location is great for the parks but Hotel New York is great for downtown disney and for walking around the lake at night.

All the best.
Sep 09 DLP Newport Bay
Feb 09 DLP Hotel New York
Nov 08 WDW Disney Boardwalk Inn
May 08 WDW Dolphin
Apr 07 DLP Disneyland Hotel
ScotScroogeMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
Corrineee
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone !

Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait to see if a 50% flash sale comes up before I book !!! even tho I really want to book it now LOL ! then choose - depending on the price difference.

From what I can make out the hotels are as nearly good as each other but you pay a premium for location ? !

Once again thanks for all your replies x
Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
tinkerbell1983
Earning My Ears

we have stayed at the new york hotel twice before and im hoping to stay there again in January, i love it there. It is close enough to the park yet you still get to walk through didney village each evening which is something i would miss by staying at th DLH. I also like the bar and cocktails at HNY.

hope you have a magical time wherever you decide to stay
tinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: