Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
nairv
Mouseketeer

Flylady tools

Anyone here follow flylady? I am a big fan and have been wondering about her cleaning tools that are supposedly the greatest things, according to all the testimonials. I do have her calendar, which I love, but I was wondering if it is really worth buying her purple rags, rubba scrubba and so on.
Anyone use these? Are they really as great as they say?
Thanks
nairv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

I don't have the rags, so I don't know about them. I do have the rubba scrubba, and I honestly don't use it as much as I probably should. My house is in CHAOS right now though, so that might be an indication!

I did buy her toilet cleaners and like them for the most part. I need to get back onto the program!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
mbforbes
Earning My Ears

Love the rags. I also don't use the rubba scrubba that much, but I like it for cleaning the dryer lint trap.

late 70's and 80's contemporary (2X) and golf resort
1999 off site,2003 Orange Lake CC off site
2005 Fort Wilderness,2008 Fort Wilderness
2010 Fort Wilderness, Aug. 2011 SSR, next up the poly Nov 2011!!!
mbforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Molly Meow
programonmyAppleIIeforfun

I despise wrapping presents! I'd rather clean the toilet any day!

The rags work great, but you have to be really, really careful with them. They will stain any surface you lay them flat to dry on, even after you pre-wash them three times. My already ugly bathroom counter has light purple stains on it that I can't get off.

I have the rubba scrubba and love it for getting pet hair of furniture. I just get it lightly damp and it takes the hair right up.

I use the dish scrubber brushes, too. They work great as well.

Come be a little strange with me at Abnormal Housewife!
Molly Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
nairv
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input. I think I might wait on buying her cleaning tools. Purple rags stain? That's awful and seems to defeat their purpose!
nairv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

I bought the whole rubba kit. Of all items included, I use the floor rubba broom (it's fantastic for my wooden floors) and the toilet brush. I just wish the toilet brush came with a holder of sorts. Right now, I have it wrapped in a plastic shopping bag.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Forevryoung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
I bought the whole rubba kit. Of all items included, I use the floor rubba broom (it's fantastic for my wooden floors) and the toilet brush. I just wish the toilet brush came with a holder of sorts. Right now, I have it wrapped in a plastic shopping bag.
I have the rags (like them), water bottle (love it), toilet bowl swisher (neat), and rubba scrubber (don't use as much).

My tips:

I got the purple rag stains out of my shower with a scrub brush and some soft scrub. I now dry them hanging up

I love the water bottle and use it every day- it sits on my desk or in my car and I don't have to worry about it getting my paperwork wet.

I put the toilet bowl brush in a frosted glass "tube canister" that was in the kitchen section of Walmart. It came with a top but I didn't need it obviously.
Forevryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
thespouseandi
Earning My Ears

I no longer have a broom...I love my rubba sweepers! I also like the toilet brush...really want to buy the water bottle, but seems too good to be true...every one I've ever purchased has sweated within an hour
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
Tink575
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Meow View Post
The rags work great, but you have to be really, really careful with them. They will stain any surface you lay them flat to dry on, even after you pre-wash them three times. My already ugly bathroom counter has light purple stains on it that I can't get off.
Try some Barkeepers Friend powder on the stains. It got an old raspberry ice tea stain off my kitchen counter. It doesn't scratch.

Next visit hopefully in Sept. 2014
Offsite 1975; Offsite 1986; 30? other trips; 2006 - Present: Part-time resident
Tink575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

The purple rags and rubba sweepa are great, the toilet bowl bush is awesome and the rubba scrubba works well, when and if I get to using it. I liked the other stuff so well that I bought the clog cannon...bought chems as back up cause I thought "this thing will never work." Oh it worked, and I never touched the chems. Based on my past experieince with the flylady stuff I wouldn't hesitate to order the items. I need to get off my butt and start using things again though cause I am in CHOAS again! Once my 19 yo moved back home all hell broke loose and I have not reigned it in yet.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Forevryoung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespouseandi View Post
I no longer have a broom...I love my rubba sweepers! I also like the toilet brush...really want to buy the water bottle, but seems too good to be true...every one I've ever purchased has sweated within an hour
It's heavy because it's double insulated- it will NOT sweat. I promise and I'm not endorsed by FlyLady (my tiny apartment is 3/4 CHAOS)
Forevryoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: