Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #106
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Continued:

As the parade was nearing an end, we decided we wanted to head over to Indy and Pirates before the crowd from the parade beat us to it.

After Pirates, it was about 5:30, and I thought about checking in a little early for our 6:00 reservation for our first ever dinner at Blue Bayou. I figured since we were asking for a waterside table, that checking in a little early wouldn't hurt.

We checked in and were told to wait on the benches in the lobby to be called. Dillon decided to use this time to run to the washroom - probably getting prepared for something I never had a clue about at the time...

While he was gone, our table became available. Just as I was sitting down, Dillon came back. I was loving the atmosphere so far.

Dillon looking a little nervous about something...

Then we ordered our meals. For our starters, I ordered the Cajun inspired salad with a coke and Dillon ordered the Gumbo with and iced tea. Forgetting that American iced tea doesn't always come sweetened, Dillon ended up using half the packets of sugar on the table to try and make it taste better.

While we were waiting for our main course, Dillon starts playing with my promise ring. He does this sometimes, so I never thought much of it. He was just sliding it off and on casually. Then all of a sudden he slowly slides on another ring and then proceeds to ask me to marry him!! I was so shocked! I mean, I had a feeling it was going to happen sometime soon, cause we had been talking about it, but never expected it in Disneyland, my favourite place in the world! I was so excited and happy!

Anyways, during our excitement, we got our meals. I ordered the Beef Sirloin and Dillon ordered the Surf and Turf dinner.

It was one of the best meals i've ever had. The beef was so juicy and I loved the potatoes. Dillon loved his as well. I tried a piece of his Filet Minon and you barely had to chew it, it was so tender. He said the lobster tail was good too. I took his word for it, as I am not a seafood fan.

After the best meal of my life, it was getting close to 7:00 and I really wanted a good spot for Fantasmic!, so we decided to go get a spot and sit. Despite the small crowd already forming we got right in the front.

While we waited we sat talking, playing with our cameras, and people watching. There was a just married couple sitting next to us that were talking just a little too loudly about the night in their hotel they were planning to have later. Thanks, but we are in Disneyland of all places! Keep that to yourselves!

My ring!

These geese were hilarious. There was a family on the other side of the fence eating some food, and the geese were sitting there hoping they'd toss some their way. They never did, but the geese never gave up trying!

Finally, the show started. We got a few decent photos, but that show is difficult to take photos of!

I thought the show was amazing. Loved the dragon. And of course, Mickey!

After the show, we decided to take one last ride on Space Mountain before calling it a night. We were beat after 15 hours in the park and not much sleep.

Next post: Day 3 - Seth's Day In The Parks!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #107
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I got all teary eyed about the proposal!! How sweet!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #108
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Andrea, that's so awesome!!! Congrats again!! Did anyone around you realize what was going on??? The ring is beautiful!!!!! What a special dinner & now I'm sure you're favorite place to eat....EVER!!

Love Fantasmic & I agree.....hard to get decent pictures unless you have a fancy camera. EWWWWWWWW on the couple going into their late night escapades....ick!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #109
JH87
DIS Veteran

Awwwww I love your ring! Looks very similar to my sister's and she also got proposed to in DLR!!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #110
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I got all teary eyed about the proposal!! How sweet!!
Aww, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Andrea, that's so awesome!!! Congrats again!! Did anyone around you realize what was going on??? The ring is beautiful!!!!! What a special dinner & now I'm sure you're favorite place to eat....EVER!!

Love Fantasmic & I agree.....hard to get decent pictures unless you have a fancy camera. EWWWWWWWW on the couple going into their late night escapades....ick!
I think the waiter picked up on it, but we weren't really close to any other tables, so not sure if anyone else noticed! And it's definitely my favourite place now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH87 View Post
Awwwww I love your ring! Looks very similar to my sister's and she also got proposed to in DLR!!
Haha, that's awesome!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #111
Jonesie
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!!! What a romantic proposal. Now, whenever you go on Pirates you will always look toward the restaurant and remember that special day.....
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #112
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Thank you! The pirates ride will now hold an extra special place in my heart forever! And here I never thought that ride could get any better!

I plan to add an update to my TR either tonight or tomorrow. Just gotta get some photos uploaded.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #113
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

It might have to be tomorrow. Photobucket and Firefox aren't working for me tonight. Keep getting "not responding" things happening.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #114
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Congratulations Andrea!!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #115
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

love it!! congtrats!!!

I love your DF's shirt at the begining of your report. Dillion is holding/feeding Seth and waring a Mario Bro's tee. My Little Monkey has the same tee.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #116
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

My BF is a huge Mario fan. He's got a few of those kinds of shirts! Lol. Thats cool that your son has the same one!

Working on my next installment!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #117
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Seth's Day at Disneyland!

We used this day to sleep in a little bit. We knew we probably weren't going to be in the parks for a full day with a 2 month old, so we took advantage of the time to sleep. We needed it thanks to our looooong day the day before.

So we headed to the parks around noon and arrived just after 1:00. My mom decided to come with us this day so she could help us with Seth if we needed it. Also she just wanted to see the parks. My mom bought her one-day park hopper (I couldn't do just one day!) and we were headed into Disneyland!

First place we headed? Pirates! We wanted to take Seth on his first ride and it was going to be one of the best!

We didn't get any photos of him on the ride cause he fell asleep while we were in line and stayed that way the whole ride. Oh well, better than him screaming!

Once we were done there we were hungry and it was time for something to eat, so we went over to the Stage Door Cafe and got some corn dogs. So good!

Seth having fun while we ate.

Stop with the pictures Mom!

Next we wanted to try and meet Mickey, so we headed over to his house.

We didn't have to wait too long. Probably only 5 or 10 minutes. I was quite surprised.

We browsed around a gift shop in Toon Town for a bit, then decided we wanted to take him on It's A Small World. He actually stayed awake for this one and looked quite amazed at all the pretty colours and music. Sorry, some of the photos on the ride are quite blurry as I am not good with dark ride shots yet.

My sad attempt at getting Stitch.

Continued on next post...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #118
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Continued:

After It's A Small World, we decided to take my Mom over to see California Adventure as it didn't exist the last time she was in Disneyland in '96, so it was all new to her.

First, we made a stop in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle

We shopped around in Off The Page and I showed my Mom the Toy Story Zeotrophe (I think that's what it's called). She thought it was pretty neat. She also loved the fake wall at the end of Hollywood Blvd. It is pretty cool.

Finishing bottle time on Hollywood Blvd.

Unfortunately whoever was in charge of the camera during this portion slacked big time because we have a big gap of the day with no photos.

We headed over to the Pier so my Mom could see the wheel etc, and took a ride on Little Mermaid. It was a walk on again, as it was for most of our trip. Seth loved this one. He was smiling so much during the Under The Sea portion. I wish I had brought my camera on this one.

We hung around the Pier and walked around for a bit. Then Dillon wanted to head over to Flynn's Arcade to check it out, as it was only open when ElecTRONica was running. We didn't hang around for too long as it was pretty loud for Seth. I was happy though, when we walked in they were playing Michael Jackson's Beat It.

Dillon was in his heaven!

By the time we were done there, we were starting to get pretty tired. Having a kid with us is exhausting! I am kind of sad at the small amount of photos we got this day, but we were too distracted by Seth I think. At least we got some!

We made our way out through the Greetings store where we browsed for quite some time. That is when I decided that the souvenir I wanted to get for Seth was a Duffy! At some point I was going to pick one up for him!

On the way to the tram we decided to browse World of Disney for a bit as well. I love looking at all the Disney stuff. I could spend hours and a ton of money in those stores! While we were shopping, Dillon took Seth outside to give him a bottle before the drive home. While they were out there, the fireworks started, and apparently Seth wasn't a fan, so he ended up having to come in the store to finish. They were pretty loud, we could hear them in the store over top of all the commotion.

My Mom picked up a couple things for Seth. She got him a Disneyland t-shirt and a key chain with his name on it. I will post photos of his loot at the end of the TR.

On the way home we found that we were all starving and wanted a quick bite at McDonald's. Since it was on our way home, we decided to stop at this really cool location that still looks like the original style. I took some photos so some of my McDonald's friends could appreciate it, lol.

They had a gift shop with their current toys on display as well as some McDonald's collectors items.

Smurfs!

A Big Mac cookie jar!

I thought this door was pretty cool.

We thought this was pretty funny. The most nuggets you can get here is 20. And those I think are $8 or $9. So we thought it was funny that you can get 50 for $10. I don't think Dillon and I could finish one of those if we ate it together.

Well that's the end of our day with Seth. Sorry that there aren't that many photos. I was really hoping to get a ton. I guess the day just got away from us!

Next Up: Day 4
Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #119
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

You know that happens to me. I get in the park and I am so into what I am doing I lose all track of getting my camera out and taking pictures. Seth has the cutest smile.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #120
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Glad I am not the only one. And thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: