Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #76
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

We arrived in Las Vegas pretty late. I think it was about 11pm. But I really wanted to see what Fremont Street was all about, so we loaded Seth up in the stroller and walked over to check it out.

About the extent of what Seth saw

The show they put on was pretty cool, but otherwise Freemont Street seemed kind of run down and slummy compared to the Strip. We really wanted to get something to eat since we hadn't had dinner, but there was nowhere there we wanted to stop. What we really wanted was Earl of Sandwich which was at the Planet Hollywood hotel on the Strip. Do you think the fact that it was after midnight and we had a 2 month old stopped us from going? Of course not. He was asleep in his seat, so we just loaded him back in the car and headed over there!

When we finally made it through all the Saturday night traffic on the Strip, we walked all the way around the mall, trying to find Earl of Sandwich, only to find out the line was 3 miles long. Seth was due for another bottle soon so we didn't have that much time before we had to get back to the hotel. So we grunted and decided to eat at this mexican place close to where we parked. I don't remember what it was called, but I do remember the quesadillas were only so-so. Not as good as a sandwich, that's for sure!

We finally made it back to the hotel for about 2am. We got to sleep in a bit this day as our only plans were to check out the Pinball Hall of Fame before finishing the last of our driving. Since it didn't open until 11, we took that chance to sleep in. Well as much as Seth would let us anyways!

The Pinball Hall of Fame is pretty cool, even if you're not totally into that kind of thing. I managed to enjoy myself in a few games while Dillon was in his version of "Disneyland".

I really enjoyed this one!

After Pinball, we decided to stop at McDonald's for lunch on the way out of town.

We didn't eat at this one, but I had to take a photo of it cause I thought it was cool how it was designed like the first ever location.

This is supposed to be a photo of the New York, New York Hotel, but you can see the traffic....little did we know this would be the start of a reeeeeally long trend. Whenever there was a major exit on the highway, there was stop and go traffic for miles before we reached it.

The last stretch was supposed to take us just over 4 hours. It took us 7 thanks to this mess!

Finally!

We just want to get there already!

Continued...
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #77
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, we were so excited to get to the house, that we completely forgot to take any photos of it. Here are some that my mom sent me a while back while it was still under construction.

I know it doesn't look like much, but it really is a beautiful house in Sherman Oaks Cali.

That is the last of the photos of our trip down. Next post: First Disney day!

I apologize for the large photos. I adjusted the sizes in photobucket, but for some reason they aren't registering that I sized them on here.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #78
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the trip report!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #79
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #80
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Good stuff Andrea, even with me following you on FB....getting to see pics of some of the things you were talking about brings it all to life!!! Seth is so darned cute!!! What a good little traveler he was.....the younger you start them, the better they are as they age....so I say you got yourself a winner!!! Can't wait to see your Disney photos!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #81
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Disneyland Day 1:

Because we were so tired from driving, and we were advised by the house owner to either leave before 6 or after 9 in the mornings to avoid the really heavy traffic, we decided to wait until just after 9 to leave. It was about 45 minutes to an hour each day to get there if the traffic was good, which often it wasn't! As much as I loved having a free place to stay, not sure the commute every day was worth it. We were so tired at the end of each day and then we had the drive home. Oh well, we still had an awesome time anyways.

Pulling up to the Mickey & Friends Parkade

Walking through DTD!

In the gates!

We saw these guys just entering Mainstreet! First 5 minutes and we already see characters!

Can you tell where we are headed yet???

Why Space Mountain of course! It's becoming a tradition to go straight to it first!

We got the front for the first time ever!

We were starting to get a little hungry so we headed over to The Refreshment Corner to get a snack. Dillon had the Jalapeno cheese filled pretzel, while I had just a plain old yummy Mickey one with cheese.

Next we headed over to Pirates!

Us being goofy in line.

As usual, we loved our ride on Pirates. It's so relaxing. Dillon decided not to take any photos on the ride this time, as he wanted to enjoy the ride, but he did get some cool ones later on. He was the one behind the lens for most of the shots this trip. I spent too much time behind it last time that this time I decided to relax a bit.

To be continued...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #82
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Good stuff Andrea, even with me following you on FB....getting to see pics of some of the things you were talking about brings it all to life!!! Seth is so darned cute!!! What a good little traveler he was.....the younger you start them, the better they are as they age....so I say you got yourself a winner!!! Can't wait to see your Disney photos!!
Thanks Laurie! He was so good! There were a couple moments where he got a little too hot in the back and the air conditioning just wasn't reaching him fast enough, so he got a little cranky, but after taking him out for a quick cool down, he was all good and ready to go again. It was so nice!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #83
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Love it!!

There were a couple of pictures of Seth in his car seat where he looked like he was thinking "what mom? Another picture?" He jus tis so cute.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #84
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Continued:

After Pirates we got some fastpasses for Indiana Jones and then headed over to Haunted Mansion. It was basically a walk on! It was so nice to see it in it's original form. I do like the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, but I prefer the original Haunted Mansion much more over the NBC version for sure!

We did Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear before heading over to Troubadour Tavern to get some potatoes and corn on the cob!

I sucked that round!

While we were eating our lunch, the Princess Fantasy Faire show was starting, so we decided to watch for a few minutes.

Then we decided we wanted to head over to California Adventure for a bit. Here are some photos on the way over.

I really like the new entrance!

I really wanted to go into the Animation Studio since I missed it last time. We didn't do any drawings, but it was nice to walk around and see everything.

Jiminy!

Loved this store! They had an awesome painting of Stitch that I wanted so bad. Not sure if I got a photo or not later on. We will see!

Next we headed over to Tower of Terror. Love that ride!

We were bad and took photos on the ride.

To be continued...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #85
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Love it!!

There were a couple of pictures of Seth in his car seat where he looked like he was thinking "what mom? Another picture?" He jus tis so cute.
Haha! He was probably thinking "how much longer do I have to sit in this car seat?" Lol!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #86
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Haha! He was probably thinking "how much longer do I have to sit in this car seat?" Lol!

You know I bet you are right about that!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #87
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Loving everything so far Andrea! Can't do specific comments, but I'm happy to see you doing a TR! It's getting me super excited about next week.

Did you see the video from the D23 Expo with the voices of the Parks? I got goosebumps when it was time for TOT!

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #88
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

No I didn't see that! I will have to check it out. I love the ToT voice!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #89
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Dillon got some great shots!! Really enjoying all the pics....keep em' coming!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #90
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I think I will continue more tomorrow. I am still beat from the long road trip, and then Seth's shots and stuff today. I think I am calling it an early night tonight!

On our first night in California, Seth slept through the night for the first time, and has been since up until last night. I am hoping we can get him back in that, it was so nice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: