Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #16
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskagirlchrissie View Post
Hey Andrea! I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time. I'm so excited for you guys. The route you guys are taking is the same one we took last summer coming back To Alaska from Anaheim. It is a nice trip.

I just back from getting my pedicure a little bit ago. I love them.
Hey Chrissie! It is a very nice drive. It is the one we did last October as well. Dillon is not a fan of Utah though, lol. He found that area very boring. Not sure why. Just too brown and dry looking, but maybe it was the time of year.

I have only gotten a pedicure done once before, and I really enjoyed it. For a baby shower gift, someone gave me a gift card to get a Spa Pedicure done. Not sure what that entitles, but it sure sounds nice! I am looking forward to it for sure! Did you get anything fancy done to yours?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

You have been busy bees tonight.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #18
alaskagirlchrissie
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I have to agree with Dillon. Utah is not very pretty. I'm sure it has it's pretty areas, we just probably didn't see them.

I didn't get anything to fancy on my feet. Just some pretty polish and a flower painted on my big toes. I'm sure you will LOVE getting yours tomorrow night.

Sounds like you have everything pretty organized for your trip. Seems like things take alot more planning with a little one, doesn't it? I remember when mine were little, just going to the grocery store could turn into a major event. But, enjoy it while you can, they outgrow it quickly.

That is wonderful that your Mom will be there to watch Seth so you and Dillon can have grown up time in the park together. We ate at Blue Bayou last summer, it was delicious and so pretty. You forget your not actually in a Bayou. The food was excellent, we both had the Fliet Mignon and lobster tail. So, if you guys are beef eaters, that would be a good choice. The only thing missing for me was a glass of wine. Oh, and be sure to wait for a waterside table, you won't regret it.
alaskagirlchrissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #19
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskagirlchrissie View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with Dillon. Utah is not very pretty. I'm sure it has it's pretty areas, we just probably didn't see them.

I didn't get anything to fancy on my feet. Just some pretty polish and a flower painted on my big toes. I'm sure you will LOVE getting yours tomorrow night.

Sounds like you have everything pretty organized for your trip. Seems like things take alot more planning with a little one, doesn't it? I remember when mine were little, just going to the grocery store could turn into a major event. But, enjoy it while you can, they outgrow it quickly.

That is wonderful that your Mom will be there to watch Seth so you and Dillon can have grown up time in the park together. We ate at Blue Bayou last summer, it was delicious and so pretty. You forget your not actually in a Bayou. The food was excellent, we both had the Fliet Mignon and lobster tail. So, if you guys are beef eaters, that would be a good choice. The only thing missing for me was a glass of wine. Oh, and be sure to wait for a waterside table, you won't regret it.
Oh I am willing to wait for a waterside table, that's for sure. This will be our first time eating there, so I'd like to try and get a good spot! And the Filet Mignon is what I was thinking about trying. Not sure about the lobster part though.

It is kind of a pain to run errands now, just because taking the car seat in and out is kind of heavy, and it's just a lot of work! Plus feeding and stuff has to be timed properly. But I will manage. While I am waiting for my cars oil change at Walmart, I can probably feed him in McDonald's. I just hope tomorrow isn't one of his fussy days!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Dillon is not a fan of Utah though, lol. He found that area very boring. Not sure why. Just too brown and dry looking,
I agree we said the same thing. The drive was interesting into the canyon, but didn't particularly like Utah itself. Made a 4 long hours.

Quote:
It is kind of a pain to run errands now, just because taking the car seat in and out is kind of heavy, and it's just a lot of work! Plus feeding and stuff has to be timed properly. But I will manage. While I am waiting for my cars oil change at Walmart
Busy busy! you make me really excited about our trip! going to be a blast!
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
kaoden39
Hugs

The trip down I-5 isn't a pretty one either.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #22
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

Oh you bring back memories....you know what happened to us? I have pictures of us being stuck INSIDE a car wash in some random little town, in the middle of no where. I should really bring up those pictures. It was horrible, hilarious, but horrible.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairytale View Post
Oh you bring back memories....you know what happened to us? I have pictures of us being stuck INSIDE a car wash in some random little town, in the middle of no where. I should really bring up those pictures. It was horrible, hilarious, but horrible.

Those are the memories that stick out though aren't they?
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #24
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Those are the memories that stick out though aren't they?
oh yes, yes they are. That entire 18 hours of driving that we had done before getting stuck, we had done straight without any stops AND during what is considered the middle of winter. During the canadian portion of the highway towards the boarder, we had passed probably a dozen flipped semi's and -35 temperatures. It took us nearly twice the time to make to where we were because we had to drive so slow.

By the time we made to that dinky town, the car was covered in dry mud and slush-we couldn't see the road

...so we thought it would be genius to trust a hick town car wash, without a working door. I have photo proofs tho! and I will look for them tonight, because it's quite fun.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #25
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The trip down I-5 isn't a pretty one either.

Yeah the only thing Utah has on that is hills. Other than that, just as boring, lol!

We are going to try and take more pictures of the road trip part this time too. Last trip I think we got a total of 10 photos of the actual drive, lol.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #26
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
oh yes, yes they are. That entire 18 hours of driving that we had done before getting stuck, we had done straight without any stops AND during what is considered the middle of winter. During the canadian portion of the highway towards the boarder, we had passed probably a dozen flipped semi's and -35 temperatures. It took us nearly twice the time to make to where we were because we had to drive so slow.

By the time we made to that dinky town, the car was covered in dry mud and slush-we couldn't see the road

...so we thought it would be genius to trust a hick town car wash, without a working door. I have photo proofs tho! and I will look for them tonight, because it's quite fun.
Oh wow. Part of that is so scary.

Quote:
Yeah the only thing Utah has on that is hills. Other than that, just as boring, lol!

We are going to try and take more pictures of the road trip part this time too. Last trip I think we got a total of 10 photos of the actual drive, lol.
You can see the hills off in the distance on I-5. Mostly it is flat and boring.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #27
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

It was. Even as experienced winter drivers, we were white knuckling the drive. We traded every time one or the other got tired and just kept trucking. Stripped layers of clothes along the drive as the weather got warmer and warmer.
Different story this time! October weather, fewfff! not driving during the winter again if I can prevent it!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

I drove in a blizzard once and oh my gosh never again. I live in the San Francisco bay area so we don't know how to drive in the snow. I was up in the sierra mountains going to see a friend. I have never been so uncomfortable driving that day.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Winter driving is scary no matter how experienced you are I think! Those roads in Montana would probably be pretty scary to drive on in the winter. Lots of windy roads with cliffs on either side.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #30
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

So while I was at Walmart today waiting for my car to get it's oil change, I came across a couple shirts that I just HAD to have, lol.

I love having new shirts to wear on a trip. I know one isn't Disney, but I'm still gonna wear it, lol. Looks like I am gonna have to wash them and maybe give them an iron!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: