Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly's Golden Triangle Roadtrip (with not a lot of road) Day 15 - Disney Day 3

Saturday 9th April

We check out of the hotel but leave our luggage with them, I think we have breakfast at DTD and then we head into Californian Adventureland. I'm not sure in what order we do this but we ride TOT, the ferris wheel, and the Silly Swings, draw Jack Skellington, see some of the parade, have lunch, try a churro and meet, Minnie Mouse, Duffy Bear, and Chip & Dale.

We then head into Disneyland, i'm not sure what we do except have a dole whip for which there is a massive queue.

We head back to the hotel to wait for the bus to the airport, i'd printed off a voucher for $5 off each beforehand which is lucky because if I hadn't we'd be $10 short! No sign of the bus so I go into reception to check what time it was due, which of course means it then comes. The driver tells us he's just taking us to the Disneyland hotel where we'll switch to another bus and we are to pay that driver. Something is going on at the Disneyland hotel as lots of people are going in dressed up and there are people outside on horses.

DH gets out the money to pay the driver and drops $5, the wind catches it and blows it away, as I said we needed every penny but luckily after hurdling a bench DH retrieves the money, he gets a little round of applause. At the airport we check in quickly but security takes ages and is very badly designed/laid out. I spot one queue is doing full body scans so get in the other queue. We grab a Burger King (i'm not sure how we pay for this) and then meet our friends at the gate who are all on the same flight as us, we all swap stories and find out 2 of them got engaged at the Grand Canyon so that was a nice end to the holiday.

We get one of the new planes home, I watch the end of Tangled which i'd missed on the flight out, but as I go to sleep don't make the best use of the better entertainment system. Back in the UK we say goodbye to our friends and get the railair bus back to Reading and I start the campaign to convince DH we should go back to WDW ASAP. Thanks for reading everyone.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Lovely last day, i cant believe it has come to an end. Thanks for sharing your amazing road trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #3
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Great report Claire. Nice to see the other coast
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Thanks for a really good report, Claire.

Sort of makes me want to return to California.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

haven't read a trippie for ages and so glad i picked yours Claire, was a really fab read, you seemed to get so much into your 2 weeks! Thanks for taking the time to post it all

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Enjoyed your report - we had AP's (went last July as well) so we skipped the parks on that day - as they are blocked out on a Saturday. We were over at Paradise Pier hotel that morning having the Surf's Up breakfast - it was brilliant BTW and we literally didnt eat again all day. Spent much of the day by the pool - glad it warmed up a bit later on.

Saw pictures of your hotel room at the HoJo - looks as though you are pretty much in the room directly above the one we were in in July - we were on the 6th floor - I would guess that you were on the 7th with that skylight. This April we opted for the Candy Cane - there were no Disney view rooms available for our stay (we were there 7 nights this time)

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your fab trip report with us Claire, it was a great read and I've loved your pics too

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
Latte Lover
in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls

Fab report Claire. Can't wait to see it all ourselves.

1975 Royal Plaza 1997 Master's Inn Kissimee 1999 Clarion Universal 2001 Howard Johnson Maingate East 2003 Econolodge 2005 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2006 Our Timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Resort 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 Sheraton Vistana(May), Terrace Ridge (Aug)Nov 2009 Barefoot'n' in the keys, Kissimmee2010 Cumbrian LakesOct 2011 Sheraton & Disney MagicNov 2012 Florida Keys, The Sheraton, and OKW
Latte Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great TR Claire.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: