Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #916
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

The warf looks so weird empty. How funny that there was a power tool!

I really hope with the Alice and Wonderland Dance Party, they get rid of all that metal lighting equipment. It just makes that area look so awful, and really takes away from the old Hollywood theme.

I love Off The Page. Such a cool store.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #917
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
DCA is going to be so beautiful when they finish. I can hardly wait to see it in November.
It will look amazing!! Totally different from it's original roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I just read that. well I am sorry it wasn't as good this time around. The first time we went, I got what you got, and while it was only ok as well, I was impressed that a muffin and juice were also included in the meal that was cheaper than what you would get at any Denny's.

The second time we went, I got the blueberry stuffed pancakes, and it was just delicious. And then that chicken salad was really good too. I have been craving it ever since, but no one around here has anything similar. I will definitely be making a trip back there next trip!

And the signs do make it easier for finding things, it's nice.
Mimi's is alright....just not as perfect as people on the Dis tend to make it sound. I think you should be able to eggs, potatoes & bacon without leaving a pool of grease on the plate....ick!! I'm not a huge breakfast person and that was unappetizing.

We've eaten dinner twice at the Millie's next door (sits in front of the Fairfield Inn) and we thought it was pretty good.....no wait, fast service, decent prices. You never hear about them on here.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #918
DizNee Luver

Quote:
The warf looks so weird empty. How funny that there was a power tool!

I really hope with the Alice and Wonderland Dance Party, they get rid of all that metal lighting equipment. It just makes that area look so awful, and really takes away from the old Hollywood theme.

I love Off The Page. Such a cool store.
I love when they empty a water area.....its fun to see what all is there & how "deep" it really is. I'm always disgusted by the garbage (which there was some) but also tickled to find something that really shouldn't be there. I'm sure Walt would have had a cow to see a power tool left out for the guests to see.

I agree about all the riggings......its very intrusive....but I guess a Hollywood backlot would have those all over the place on the sets. It just wasn't something I was into.....so that may be the reason I didn't like the look. So it will be interesting to see what they do with the Tea Party theme.

I could spend serious money at Off the Page!!! I just don't HAVE serious money!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #919
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I wanted to spend some serious money there. There was a big painting of Stitch with some duckings hanging on the wall there, but it was several hundred dollars. I still wish I could have got it, but oh well. I love all the figurines and stuff too.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #920
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
It's a nice little show & if your kids like to participate in things....they get to dance & do the May pole. I also understand that the PFF is getting moved to the Carnation Plaza & they're going to do something different with this area....but not sure when & how soon that will take place. If they move this, I'm thinking the stage show will be done. Wonder if they're going to put a new show in here???? (it used to house Snow White, An Enchanted Musical from 2004-2006)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I want to say it was Erin's first time (2007) to DL when we went to PFF, she was 4. She took the curtsie tutorial soooo seriously!!!! I wish I took more pictures of it. The look of utter concentration as she positioned her feet just so to make sure her arms and fingers were perfect!!! It was great. Apparently a CM noticed it and afterwards presented Erin with a tierra. She still has it!! GReat great memories!!

An Enchanted Musical was one of my favorites. The Evil Queen was at her "best"!!!

Quote:
I love when they empty a water area.....its fun to see what all is there & how "deep" it really is. I'm always disgusted by the garbage (which there was some) but also tickled to find something that really shouldn't be there. I'm sure Walt would have had a cow to see a power tool left out for the guests to see.

I agree about all the riggings......its very intrusive....but I guess a Hollywood backlot would have those all over the place on the sets. It just wasn't something I was into.....so that may be the reason I didn't like the look. So it will be interesting to see what they do with the Tea Party theme.

I could spend serious money at Off the Page!!! I just don't HAVE serious money!!
The drill was priceless. And, yes, Walt would have had a cow!!

The unused rigging and such is alittle strange to see, but when it *was* being used, it was cool!! Loved the Power Up stage show at the beginning. Glad I was able to see it one last time before they *power down*.

It should be interesting to see the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Off the Page is one of my favorite. That one and the one on Main Street with all of Thomas Kinkaid (sp??) paintings are my MIL and my favorites!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #921
DizNee Luver

Quote:
I wanted to spend some serious money there. There was a big painting of Stitch with some duckings hanging on the wall there, but it was several hundred dollars. I still wish I could have got it, but oh well. I love all the figurines and stuff too.
There are always paintings I want to bring home.....one of these times!!! I don't hardly look at the figurines anymore.....they'd just get broke at my house and then I'd be very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
I want to say it was Erin's first time (2007) to DL when we went to PFF, she was 4. She took the curtsie tutorial soooo seriously!!!! I wish I took more pictures of it. The look of utter concentration as she positioned her feet just so to make sure her arms and fingers were perfect!!! It was great. Apparently a CM noticed it and afterwards presented Erin with a tierra. She still has it!! GReat great memories!!

An Enchanted Musical was one of my favorites. The Evil Queen was at her "best"!!!

The drill was priceless. And, yes, Walt would have had a cow!!

The unused rigging and such is alittle strange to see, but when it *was* being used, it was cool!! Loved the Power Up stage show at the beginning. Glad I was able to see it one last time before they *power down*.

It should be interesting to see the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Off the Page is one of my favorite. That one and the one on Main Street with all of Thomas Kinkaid (sp??) paintings are my MIL and my favorites!!!
Awwwww, that's so awesome!!! I love when the kids really believe what they're seeing and doing.....just so magical!!

We went in 2005, but never made it to the Enchanted Musical. Kinda sorry I missed it.

I went in to the Tron thing on Saturday night of the trip when I was looking for Rochelle, who loves to go & dance. Unfortunately she got there after I did my walk through. I didn't want to hang out.....thanks but no thanks!! Loud, lots of young adults/teens.....just not my scene anymore.

I'll probably enjoy the tea party decorations more than the Tron....but it will probably be the same loud music & dance scene.....so won't be my hangout on any trip!!

The Disney Gallery is a neat place too!! Love Thomas Kinkaid.......wish I could afford it!

Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #922
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I love the pictures!! My sister has an Animator's Collector's Doll.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #923
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I love the pictures!! My sister has an Animator's Collector's Doll.
Thanx Kaitlin!! Which doll does she have?? I wanted to bring them all home.....so cute!!!

By the way.....I had mentioned that Bill Keane (Family Circus) designed the 3 dolls we got.....his son Glen Keane resigned from Disney Animation yesterday, after working there for 38 yrs.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #924
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

She has the Rapanzuel one. That's too bad about Glen :sad2

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #925
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
She has the Rapanzuel one. That's too bad about Glen :sad2
Cool.....same as Addy!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #926
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went in to the Tron thing on Saturday night of the trip when I was looking for Rochelle, who loves to go & dance. Unfortunately she got there after I did my walk through. I didn't want to hang out.....thanks but no thanks!! Loud, lots of young adults/teens.....just not my scene anymore.

I'll probably enjoy the tea party decorations more than the Tron....but it will probably be the same loud music & dance scene.....so won't be my hangout on any trip!!

The Disney Gallery is a neat place too!! Love Thomas Kinkaid.......wish I could afford it!
The whole dance and loud music is soo not my scene anymore either, but it was kinda nostalgic to see the beginning of the Power Up show with the '80's fashions again. What a hoot!! Love the hair!!!!

I'll probably go to the Mad Hatter Tea Party once and call it good, myself. Forrest on the other hand will more than likely stay awhile. It's a teenage thing, ya know

My MIL has the picture with Pinochio and Jiminey. She loves Jiminey. There's quite a big deal with those paintings. Apparently you look and find little things from other stories and touches. You can literally sit and look for hours and still find more NEW things!! The Tianna painting is really something to look at too. Next time ya go, just sit and look for a bit. The CM's there are very knowledgable about the art there as well. Scott and I would talk with them for hours if the kids would let us!

I soo understand the wanting of one but not being able to afford one That's why I just go with the ones that are sketched right there in the store!! I have one of the Evil Queen so far. Scott surprise to me one trip he is also painting one of the Evil Queen for me. Soo, I'll get me a painting yet!!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #927
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
The whole dance and loud music is soo not my scene anymore either, but it was kinda nostalgic to see the beginning of the Power Up show with the '80's fashions again. What a hoot!! Love the hair!!!!

I'll probably go to the Mad Hatter Tea Party once and call it good, myself. Forrest on the other hand will more than likely stay awhile. It's a teenage thing, ya know

My MIL has the picture with Pinochio and Jiminey. She loves Jiminey. There's quite a big deal with those paintings. Apparently you look and find little things from other stories and touches. You can literally sit and look for hours and still find more NEW things!! The Tianna painting is really something to look at too. Next time ya go, just sit and look for a bit. The CM's there are very knowledgable about the art there as well. Scott and I would talk with them for hours if the kids would let us!

I soo understand the wanting of one but not being able to afford one That's why I just go with the ones that are sketched right there in the store!! I have one of the Evil Queen so far. Scott surprise to me one trip he is also painting one of the Evil Queen for me. Soo, I'll get me a painting yet!!
I was never into Tron when it originally came out or the re-release....so that's part of the my dislike of the "scenery". The tea party will probably be more eye-appealing to me but still not my thing.

I'll have to take a little longer look my next trip.....I'm fascinated by the artwork. I love how the Thomas Kinkaids almost look like they're lighting up.....just brilliantly painted!!!

I got 2 of my sons the sketches at Off the Page for Christmas and the other son got the Haunted Mansion Poster Print. Then on this trip....Ty got Mike & I the Mickey & Minnie sketch for our anniversary. It's a great way to start out an art collection!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #928
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Another great update!! Boy you guys got to do a lot of different stuff. That is cool. I have found us doing that more and more as well. My mom is really getting to the point where she doesn't want to go more than 1 or 2 days but she doesn't get that there is SO much to see and do that that doesn't really cut it. Plus it is fine if you go during an off time but we are going in June and 2 days I KNOW will not even break the surface but we were going to be in LA anyway to do some stuff and since we all have AP's this year we decided we HAD to go LOL. I figure if we get to see the Cars stuff as well as the rest of the "new" stuff at DCA I will be happy.

I saw that someone mentioned the stage shows. I didn't go AS much in the 90's but I do know that before the snow white play it was Beauty and the Beast for a long time. Not sure what it was before that but heard there was some type of arcade and or dance area for the teens back in the 80's.

That's too bad about Mimi's. We have them here in town and we are usually very happy with their food. We ate at the one down there on this last trip since we stayed at Hojo one day and we enjoyed our meal but then we had the stuffed french toast etc.

I guess it just depends on what you get maybe??

Those dolls are adorable and I bet the girls loved them. Mine would have loved them back in the day.

Bummer that you are on the last day. I am going to go through withdrawals till your next report LOL

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #929
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!!! Looks like you ladies has a great time!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #930
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Another great update!! Boy you guys got to do a lot of different stuff. That is cool. I have found us doing that more and more as well. My mom is really getting to the point where she doesn't want to go more than 1 or 2 days but she doesn't get that there is SO much to see and do that that doesn't really cut it. Plus it is fine if you go during an off time but we are going in June and 2 days I KNOW will not even break the surface but we were going to be in LA anyway to do some stuff and since we all have AP's this year we decided we HAD to go LOL. I figure if we get to see the Cars stuff as well as the rest of the "new" stuff at DCA I will be happy.

I saw that someone mentioned the stage shows. I didn't go AS much in the 90's but I do know that before the snow white play it was Beauty and the Beast for a long time. Not sure what it was before that but heard there was some type of arcade and or dance area for the teens back in the 80's.

That's too bad about Mimi's. We have them here in town and we are usually very happy with their food. We ate at the one down there on this last trip since we stayed at Hojo one day and we enjoyed our meal but then we had the stuffed french toast etc.

I guess it just depends on what you get maybe??

Those dolls are adorable and I bet the girls loved them. Mine would have loved them back in the day.

Bummer that you are on the last day. I am going to go through withdrawals till your next report LOL
Yikes....you're going to try DL/DCA in June......you're brave!! I imagine it's going to be packed & just nuts!!! I could no way handle that.....my anxiety would be sky high!!!

Wow, I didn't realize there was such a history back at the PFF! Cool hearing about the different things. Will be exciting to see what goes there next!!

Mimi's always gets such rave reviews.....I can't always handle eating something rich first thing in the morning....so a good basic breakfast is usually what I look for. If you can't make scrambled eggs without grease dripping off of them.....I'm not sure I'm a big fan of your restaurant.....lol ICK!

I know last day already......but I've got my WDW PTR going.....so you can always check that out. I've been highlighting my past DL trips on it. I've done 2005 & 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
Great trip report!!! Looks like you ladies has a great time!!!
Thanx!! I'm glad you stopped in!! The diva trip is always fun!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: