Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #661
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post

My favourite candy since I was a little kid. They are so good. Kinda like M&M's but waaaay better.
Yup.....those are the favored candy at the snack table. (sorry to disappoint.....I didn't really like them ) but everyone else seems too!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #662
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Well I will forgive you for being one of those few weirdos that don't like them. JK
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #663
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Well I will forgive you for being one of those few weirdos that don't like them. JK
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #664
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Are the Smarties the candies that have a tangy coating as the outside layer then the solid milk chocolate? That would be good if it is the candy I am thinking of. Between that and drooling over the pictures from the Holly Jolly Bakery, I think I'm sufficiently hungry now.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #665
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's really a tangy coating. Just a sugar coating, kinda like M&M's, but yeah it's solid chocolate on the inside.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #666
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Are the Smarties the candies that have a tangy coating as the outside layer then the solid milk chocolate? That would be good if it is the candy I am thinking of. Between that and drooling over the pictures from the Holly Jolly Bakery, I think I'm sufficiently hungry now.
Quote:
I don't think it's really a tangy coating. Just a sugar coating, kinda like M&M's, but yeah it's solid chocolate on the inside.
I don't remember it being tangy either......basically M&M's but a different chocolate. They were alright.....just didn't really excite me any. (used to the M&M's I guess).

The Jolly Holiday stuff is delicious!!! I'm hungry now too!!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #667
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
The Mary Poppins theme is fun & very fitting for Main Street.

The party is tons of fun. Melody mentioned that her daughters (&/or DIL's) helped her bling out the shirts during the Super Bowl. I imagine it was weeks of work to complete them. I know the design is taken into a printer who puts them on the shirts. I'd say 80% of the girls get their shirt blinged out. The pics of these shirts don't even begin to show you how beautiful they are.

The Carousel let us use the room for free if we had Quizno's cater the food. (there was a dollar amt needed)......it was also assumed that we would have people staying there. Last year we had 6-7 rooms.....this year we only had 1......so that was not good as it was brought up by management.

We've had the Carousel breakfast room for the last 2 parties and prior to that the first 3 years was held in the conference room at the HoJo. I believe they got the room for free, but again.....a number of people were staying there. Not sure where we're holding it this next year.
Most definitely

Oh cool. That great they do that. You bad girls....only having 1 room booked

That is nice the hotels work with you girls. Looks like a lot of fun
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #668
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

So little WDW spoiler for ya', if you like the Holly Jolly Bakery, WDW is the HJB on steroids!! But we are on a DL board over here so I won't upsell the competition too much - lol. I am actually really pleased with how DL has revamped their dining menu. Plus, they really cater to people with food allergies.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #669
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Laurie yea I was kind of bummed about the restaurant and DLH not remembering my mom either. She paid a LOT of money for both that dinner AND for the hotel. We rented two rooms for 2 nights and I think she spent more on those two nights then ALL the other rooms we had the rest of the week. She likes to splurge cuz she has gotten used to all the little extras and with her bad knee likes to be as close as possible. Personally as much as I LOVE those rooms we usually can't afford them and are perfectly happy with a good neighbor but you are so right. When you spend THAT kind of money you like to know that you GET those little extras. When we checked in we saw them give a bouquet of balloons to a family who it was obviously someone's birthday and PP did this for both my mom AND for Shane when we went last summer. Then like I said they put the chocolates in one room but not the other??? Kinda weird. And I KNOW Catal does a birthday dessert cuz they did it for me on my birthday. Mom had her button on and I specifically mentioned it was her bday when making the ressie. We didn't expect a lot but even a little bowl of ice cream with a candle would have been nice. But it is what it is. At least Tortilla Joes and Cafe Orleans both remembered her and she got LOTS of birthday wishes as we walked around.

Personally I think it would be a blast to always be there on my birthday but she is actually glad that the trip might move back because I think she feels bad that she can't celebrate the day with my dad.

Interesting about the carousel and based on just the convos that were had I think we are either going to have to move back to hojo or try something else because it didn't sound like that many wanted to stay there next year.

I honestly really liked the Hojo and would stay there again but it is too far for mom to walk. So not sure where we will end up if we go next year but would be cool with M&G being there again!!

Hope you had fun last night with Mike and as always anxious to see your next installment.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #670
BillyJazz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
The tags from the party? I took a pic of mine. They were "toe tags" to go with the theme. It had the person's name, cause of death (if the villian had won), place of death (Party of Peril), date of death (Feb 23, 2012) & from the Office of:.......... (the name of the movie it came from). I actually based these tags off a picture of a real one. So everyone's was different.
I loved the toe tags (especially mine )! I tried to get photos of as many of them as I could. I still have to edit all the photos from my Nikon and add them to my FB album. They were really creative!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #671
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My favourite candy since I was a little kid. They are so good. Kinda like M&M's but waaaay better.
Those sound soo yummy. I wonder why the US can't get them here. I guess it make them even more special Can't wait to try them next year!

Yup, going to have to start a DisDiva folder

Laurie, hope your weekend is going well
Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #672
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Most definitely

Oh cool. That great they do that. You bad girls....only having 1 room booked

That is nice the hotels work with you girls. Looks like a lot of fun
I'm not sure what happened.....the Carousel offered a special rate too.....we just ended up with 35 of the 49 (or so) ladies at the GCH. Weird.....I thought most of the others were staying there....so I was surprised to hear that we only had one room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
So little WDW spoiler for ya', if you like the Holly Jolly Bakery, WDW is the HJB on steroids!! But we are on a DL board over here so I won't upsell the competition too much - lol. I am actually really pleased with how DL has revamped their dining menu. Plus, they really cater to people with food allergies.
I'm heading to WDW for the first time in December & I've been having fun reading up on all the different restaurants & also my TA is working with me on all the food allergy issues we have with Shyann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Laurie yea I was kind of bummed about the restaurant and DLH not remembering my mom either. She paid a LOT of money for both that dinner AND for the hotel. We rented two rooms for 2 nights and I think she spent more on those two nights then ALL the other rooms we had the rest of the week. She likes to splurge cuz she has gotten used to all the little extras and with her bad knee likes to be as close as possible. Personally as much as I LOVE those rooms we usually can't afford them and are perfectly happy with a good neighbor but you are so right. When you spend THAT kind of money you like to know that you GET those little extras. When we checked in we saw them give a bouquet of balloons to a family who it was obviously someone's birthday and PP did this for both my mom AND for Shane when we went last summer. Then like I said they put the chocolates in one room but not the other??? Kinda weird. And I KNOW Catal does a birthday dessert cuz they did it for me on my birthday. Mom had her button on and I specifically mentioned it was her bday when making the ressie. We didn't expect a lot but even a little bowl of ice cream with a candle would have been nice. But it is what it is. At least Tortilla Joes and Cafe Orleans both remembered her and she got LOTS of birthday wishes as we walked around.

Personally I think it would be a blast to always be there on my birthday but she is actually glad that the trip might move back because I think she feels bad that she can't celebrate the day with my dad.

Interesting about the carousel and based on just the convos that were had I think we are either going to have to move back to hojo or try something else because it didn't sound like that many wanted to stay there next year.

I honestly really liked the Hojo and would stay there again but it is too far for mom to walk. So not sure where we will end up if we go next year but would be cool with M&G being there again!!

Hope you had fun last night with Mike and as always anxious to see your next installment.
You're aware that the ART runs from the HoJo.....Mike's mom used it while the rest of us walked.....just a thought. That way you could stay there as well (if that's where we end up next year).

Its the little perks & bonus things that make staying at one of the resort hotels worth the extra money. The walk from DLH is further than most of the Good Neighbor motels on Harbor......of course there's the monorail....but that's not always a reliable route into the park & I LOVE walking thru the front gates. So those magical touches & awesome CM's better be on their toes at the resorts otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJazz View Post
I loved the toe tags (especially mine )! I tried to get photos of as many of them as I could. I still have to edit all the photos from my Nikon and add them to my FB album. They were really creative!
Nice.....glad you got some pics of the tags.....did you get any pics of people's exchange gifts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
Those sound soo yummy. I wonder why the US can't get them here. I guess it make them even more special Can't wait to try them next year!

Yup, going to have to start a DisDiva folder

Laurie, hope your weekend is going well
What's really nice Char is that Beth puts all the important stuff on the front page of the thread & she keeps updating as the time gets nearer......so you always have that to reference!!

Weekend going ok......had fun last night at karaoke!! I have a few videos to share but I can't seem to get them to upload to FB....... Getting ready to take off to Portland tomorrow afternoon. As the surgery day comes closer, the more freaked out I'm getting. Michayla has no clue what's coming & I'm sure she'll do much better than Mike & I. No parent wants to know they're taking a saw & opening up their child's chest to work on their heart.......... My anxiety is high right now & feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack. Hoping to keep everything in check!! I will be able to take my laptop with me, so I'll work on my TR while we're in the hospital......this way you'll stay up to date on how she's doing as well.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #673
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Sending hugs, love & prayers your way Laurie!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #674
DizNee Luver

So when I was doing Diva things, Ty was on his own & covering a lot of park(s). This is what his first day of solo time consisted of. After we took our castle picture, Ty headed over to Snow White's Grotto to the right of the castle. He saw Snow White & the Evil Queen greeting the guests by the wishing well.

After getting his picture with the ladies, he headed to Star Tours for his first trip on the newly done attraction.

As he was wandering, he saw Ariel & Tiana pass by....but unfortunately, they were headed towards a CM only door. He did find the Fairy Godmother out & posing for pictures.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #675
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Sending hugs, love & prayers your way Laurie!
thanx Vicki!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: