Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #121
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Day 5 – Snacks!

Brownie Paw ($3.99)

Zebra Cupcake ($3.99)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Looks delicious! I have never visited Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, but I think I need to stop in sometime! Thanks for sharing the reviews.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #122
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

I love those frozen bananas I'd a given them a jack but this is your review after all. I agree w/ you, the egg rolls are yum-O! But our last trip they gave us 2 for ONE SNACK CREDIT! I thought oh snap!! Now it looks like only 1. Ohhh well.
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #123
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Looks delicious! I have never visited Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, but I think I need to stop in sometime! Thanks for sharing the reviews.
You definitely need to go there! There are also a ton of other different cupcakes, including one with a white chocolate elephant on top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellah View Post
I love those frozen bananas I'd a given them a jack but this is your review after all. I agree w/ you, the egg rolls are yum-O! But our last trip they gave us 2 for ONE SNACK CREDIT! I thought oh snap!! Now it looks like only 1. Ohhh well.
Hahahaha! I do love the frozen bananas, but it wasn't quite as good as those awesome cupcakes.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #124
PrincessBetsy

Day 5 – Lunch

After consuming quite a few calories and hitting some more attractions, we headed on over to Pizzafari for lunch. We had never eaten here before and I really liked the different themes in each room - they were bright and colorful and definitely very Animal Kingdomey.

Since we had already consumed our normal breakfast, plus two cupcakes, and an egg roll (no judging ), we decided to share two cheese pizzas and get a side of breadsticks.

Individual Cheese Pizza ($5.99)

Breadsticks - Basket of fresh baked breadsticks topped with cheese and served with marinara sauce ($3.99)

Disney pizza isn’t the best pizza in the world, but we still enjoy it. They were both really fresh and piping hot and the breadsticks were actually better than I expected, as was the marinara sauce. So if you are crazing some pizza amongst the barbecue and buffets of Animal Kingdom, I highly recommend stopping here for a bite to eat.

Overall, we give this a…

This lunch came to a total of $17.44.

After a bit we headed out. We got back to the room, went for a swim, and headed to the Magic Kingdom for the night!

Coming up: Our sailors are divided about dinner.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #125
Bellefan22
Mousejunkie for life

Quote:
Hey sister!!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #126
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellefan22 View Post
Hey sister!!!!
Thanks for reading along!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #127
PrincessBetsy

Day 5 – Dinner

We reached the Magic Kingdom around 6:00 - prime time for eating! Once we walked in the gates we tried to figure out where we wanted to have dinner. We finally reached a decision and decided to go to the Diamond Horseshoe for sandwiches. Well… we reached the front steps and there was a sign on the door saying they were closed for the evening. Drat! My mom then decided she wanted a tuna sandwich from Columbia Harbour House, while my dad wanted a pulled pork sandwich from Pecos Bill. So we split up – I went with my dad, while Andrew went with my mom.

Staying true to her word, my mom had this:

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun ($8.29)

She substituted the multigrain bread for white bread, untoasted. This also came with a bag of kettle chips.

My mom loved this! She said it was the best tuna sandwich she had ever had and it was a pretty big portion size.

Andrew went with a salad:

BLT Salad - Mixed greens with crispy chicken, bacon, egg, and tomato ($7.69)

He really like this salad. He’s not one to eat just plain lettuce with salad dressing, so this definitely fit the bill with big pieces of chicken, egg, and bacon.

They rated their meal a…

And their total came to $17.02.

Over at Pecos Bill, my dad got just what he wanted:

BBQ Pork Sandwich - served with apple slices ($8.69)

Note: My dad loves the onions on the topping bar, haha!

I got the same thing, but chose the fries instead:

BBQ Pork Sandwich - served with fries ($8.69)

The BBQ pork was awesome! It had a good smoky flavor and a bit of a zing. The only problem was the bun… Again, we have the wheat bun (ugh) and it just didn’t hold up. Our buns basically disintegrated and started to fall apart after one bite.

This meal receives a…

This came to a total of $18.94. For those of you with a keen eye, you will notice that we ended up spending more…

Coming up: Dessert to the tune of “Baroque Hoedown.”
Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #128
Disneyof3
Mother of my 3 angels, heaven blessed me!!!!!
So it was me who had to take the plunge

Great reviews, keep them coming. I have never seen the BBQ pork at Pecos Bill before. It looks so lovely. Keep the great pictures coming too. Signing on and loving the reviews.
WDW12/13
Disneyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #129
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyof3 View Post

Great reviews, keep them coming. I have never seen the BBQ pork at Pecos Bill before. It looks so lovely. Keep the great pictures coming too. Signing on and loving the reviews.
I never saw that either, my hub might like that.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #130
Bellefan22
Mousejunkie for life

Gotta love those yummy bananas!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #131
Bellefan22
Mousejunkie for life

Quote:

I second that! These reviews--with great pictures--are awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #132
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!

Quote:
I second that! These reviews--with great pictures--are awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Hey sis, so glad you came to check it out! I love the rating system lots of Johnny to enjoy! I mean food pix!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #133
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Those cupcakes at Animal Kingdom look yummy! I think I'm going to need some quality time with the Zebra one on my next visit!

Glad everyone got what they wanted for dinner! My DH is with your mom, he loves the Anchors Away sandwich. I like to joke that he only orders it because he is in the Navy, and then proceed to sing (anchors away) to him, which he does not overly appreciate!

I've never had the pulled pork at Pecos, but it looks yummy too!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #134
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Just found your review--it's great! I really like your strategy of eating smaller meals and sharing plates while at the same time trying more things and never skipping dessert! I am definitely going to eat more kids meals on my next trip.
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #135
PrincessBetsy

Quote:

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying them! I think the BBQ pork sandwiches must be a fairly new item, as I don't remember them last year.

Quote:
I never saw that either, my hub might like that.
Yes, it was definitely a good BBQ pork sandwich for a CS place!

Quote:
Heck yes! :D

Quote:
Thanks so much! I'm going to try and post another one tomorrow morning. I need to finish up some homework tonight. (Good thing, I'm taking time to reply to all these comments.)

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!

Hey sis, so glad you came to check it out! I love the rating system lots of Johnny to enjoy! I mean food pix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Those cupcakes at Animal Kingdom look yummy! I think I'm going to need some quality time with the Zebra one on my next visit!

Glad everyone got what they wanted for dinner! My DH is with your mom, he loves the Anchors Away sandwich. I like to joke that he only orders it because he is in the Navy, and then proceed to sing (anchors away) to him, which he does not overly appreciate!

I've never had the pulled pork at Pecos, but it looks yummy too!
Yup, I think quality time with a Zebra cupcake is definitely in order! Love that you sing anchors away when he gets the sandwich. So funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Just found your review--it's great! I really like your strategy of eating smaller meals and sharing plates while at the same time trying more things and never skipping dessert! I am definitely going to eat more kids meals on my next trip.
Welcome and thanks for joining in! Yup, we have figured out a pretty good system when it comes to eating. Does that mean we have been there too many times? I'm glad I was able to pass on some tips to you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: