Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #91
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Love PB's cafe.
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #92
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellah View Post
Love PB's cafe.
Yes, so do we! My dad and I go back here again later on in the trip.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #93
PrincessBetsy

Day 3 - Ending

After a not-so-successful dinner, we retreated back to POR. We hung out in our room for a while and decided to take a walk outside once the storm subsided. As we were walking we just happened to wander into the Riverside Mill Food Court… Well, since we were in the neighborhood, we concluded that we should have something to eat.

Sorry about the poor pictures! I forgot the camera and my phone in our room, so I used my dad’s old trac phone to take these. The pictures don’t do these desserts justice.

My brother and I each got a piece of chocolate cake ($3.59):

The cake was very moist and had tons of frosting. It was sooo good!

My dad got a hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream ($3.99):

This sundae was huge! There were about 4 scoops of ice cream and plenty of hot fudge and whipped cream. He loved this!

My mom got apple crisp with vanilla ice cream ($3.59):

This apple crisp was fresh from the oven. Lots of apples and crumbly topping. My mom thought this was perfect with the ice cream.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our desserts and thought they were gosh darn delicious! They definitely made up for our poor dinner.

These receive a…

Dessert Total: $17.95 – Not too bad, considering the amount of food we got.

Next up: Character breakfast!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #94
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Oh that cake looks heavenly! It's on my list for our first day at POR in Nov!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #95
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I love your review so far! It is so much fun! I leave for my trip in 10 days and we are staying at POR, so it's cool to see some of the meals that you had at the food court there - I'm actually glad you're reviewing a lot of the counter service meals. We already know all about the places we have ADRs for, but the CS ones we will have to make a decision that day. Your Columbia Harbor House review has already made me think that is one of the places we will try!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #96
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
Oh that cake looks heavenly! It's on my list for our first day at POR in Nov!
Trust me, you will not be disappointed! You can't go wrong with any desserts there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I love your review so far! It is so much fun! I leave for my trip in 10 days and we are staying at POR, so it's cool to see some of the meals that you had at the food court there - I'm actually glad you're reviewing a lot of the counter service meals. We already know all about the places we have ADRs for, but the CS ones we will have to make a decision that day. Your Columbia Harbor House review has already made me think that is one of the places we will try!
Thank you!

That's so exciting! I see that this trip is going to be for your honeymoon. Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 08-26-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #97
PrincessBetsy

Day 4

Today was the day for our first table service meal! We had made reservations at 1900 Park Fare for 10:30, as we decided this would be our day to sleep in and rest a bit. We were ready by 9:00, so we headed over to the Grand Floridian!

I love this resort! And the lobby is absolutely stunning!

We were about an hour early for our reservation, but they said they could seat us right away. We had never dined here for breakfast before, so we were all very excited. They took a picture of all four of us and we were seated immediately.

Our server started us out with juice and gave us a carafe with coffee.

This juice was so good! I believe it was made of orange juice, mango juice, and grapefruit juice. My dad and I loved it, but my mom and brother didn’t care for it. My mom got a glass of apple juice, while Andrew got orange juice.

My dad’s plate:

Clockwise from top: Biscuit with gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cantaloupe and honeydew melon, pineapple, and a slice of French toast.

See the coffee carafe in the background? My dad drank the entire thing! He sure does love his coffee.

My mom’s plate:

Clockwise from top: Grapes, Mickey waffle, pancake with bananas foster sauce, scrambled eggs, ham, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and a croissant.

Andrew’s plates:

Clockwise from top: Sticky bun, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, blueberry yogurt with granola, lobster benedict, and scrambled eggs.

Clockwise from top: Chocolate croissant, ham, Mickey waffle, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and blueberry yogurt with granola.

Clockwise from top: Plain croissant, chocolate croissant, and ham.

My plates:

Clockwise from top: Bacon, hash browns, sticky bun, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, biscuit, strawberries, and sausage.

Strawberry soup

Mickey waffles and French toast with bananas foster sauce and syrup

Sorry, I missed some plates here and there. I gets kind of tricky to take pictures of food when characters are coming around and people keep going up to get more food.

The Verdict:
This was definitely one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at WDW! Everything was delicious! The highlights were the bread pudding with vanilla sauce (Oh. My. Gosh. – definitely the best bread pudding I’ve ever had in my entire life!!), the strawberry soup, and the bananas foster sauce for the French toast/waffles/pancakes. They only thing I would skip would be the biscuits, as they were a tad bit dry (unless covered with gravy ).

Andrew ate so much food that he was about to explode. I really don’t know how he managed to eat so much. After he had three plates, we all told him he should stop. So what does he do? Goes and gets another plate, of course! I warned him that he was going to explode, so he assured me that he was only going to eat a little more. And what does he do? He cleans his entire plate! Let’s just say he had a heck of a time walking out of there (we literally almost had to roll him out, haha!)

Another great thing about this breakfast was the characters. We saw Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Definitely a great variety!

The only negative comment I have is about the service. Our server came to our table at the beginning to give us our juice, and then disappeared. We had to hunt her down in order to get the apple juice and orange juice for my mom and brother. She only came back to check on us once and to give us our bill. I also didn’t like the fact that someone comes around to all the tables to see if you want to purchase the picture from earlier. We decided not to and the cast member acted a little disgusted. It seems like such a waste to print out pictures for people who don’t have intensions of buying them.

Other than that, we had a fabulous meal and will definitely be returning!

1900 Park Fare gets a…

Each meal for us was $26.62. The total with tax and tip came to $124.46, which is quite a bit of money for a single meal. This is why we normally limit ourselves to a few TS meals a trip (a couple of old favorites and a couple of new ones). Even though this does cost a lot, it is definitely worth it. We truly enjoyed this meal and often think about the great times we had here.

Up next: Off to Epcot!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #98
PrincessBetsy

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving back into college tomorrow. I'll be unpacking and getting situated for a couple days, as classes start on Monday. I probably won't get to post any new updates for a few days, but I promise I'll be back early next week! Thanks again to everyone for reading!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #99
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I'm so glad to hear that you like 1900 PF !!! that was one of our favs too....I have to say, we liked the characters at dinner more than we did at breakfast. ( Alice was a no-show on our day. who knew Alice in Wonderland could call in sick ?) Next time, try the dinner buffet... the characters are priceless !!!

Good luck at school !!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #100
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
I'll be unpacking and getting situated for a couple days, as classes start on Monday. I probably won't get to post any new updates for a few days, but I promise I'll be back early next week!
No, say it isn't so.

In other words, I have been enjoying your reviews - thank you very much.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #101
Robin K
DIS Veteran

Good luck with school!
I'm excited that you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare..we are trying it for the first time in Sept! Most people review it for dinner so it's good to have a breakfast review for once!
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #102
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Now, I'm excited for our 1900 PF res. It looks extremely good. Lobster eggs Ben? Really? I so hope they have that in Nov.I'll try the van bread pudding since you loved it so. I would normally skip it but I have to try it now! Don't think I ever had bread pudding of any kind.
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #103
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Good luck moving back to college! Hopefully you aren't anywhere on the East Coast. My brother moved back to college this morning and they're already talking about potentially cancelling classes Monday.

But anyway, love your review of 1900 Park Fare! That breakfast looks so good!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #104
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I'm so glad to hear that you like 1900 PF !!! that was one of our favs too....I have to say, we liked the characters at dinner more than we did at breakfast. ( Alice was a no-show on our day. who knew Alice in Wonderland could call in sick ?) Next time, try the dinner buffet... the characters are priceless !!!

Good luck at school !!!!
Thank you!

I really did love 1900 Park Fare. It was definitely one of the best meals of our trip. I would really like to have dinner here next time. Which characters are there at dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
No, say it isn't so.

In other words, I have been enjoying your reviews - thank you very much.
Thanks for reading along! I'm glad you are enjoying the reviews, as I love to write them. I wish it weren't time for classes to start, but only one more year and then I will be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
Good luck with school!
I'm excited that you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare..we are trying it for the first time in Sept! Most people review it for dinner so it's good to have a breakfast review for once!
Thanks!! I'm sure you will love it! There is such a great variety and really good character interaction. Have a wonderful trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellah View Post
Now, I'm excited for our 1900 PF res. It looks extremely good. Lobster eggs Ben? Really? I so hope they have that in Nov.I'll try the van bread pudding since you loved it so. I would normally skip it but I have to try it now! Don't think I ever had bread pudding of any kind.
Yeah, there were so many different types of food. The bread pudding there is so good! So light, creamy, and lots of vanilla sauce. Yummmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Good luck moving back to college! Hopefully you aren't anywhere on the East Coast. My brother moved back to college this morning and they're already talking about potentially cancelling classes Monday.

But anyway, love your review of 1900 Park Fare! That breakfast looks so good!
Thank you! I actually am on the East Coast, but we were far enough away that we only had rain and some wind. I hope your brother is okay!

Thanks! It was truly a breakfast I will never forget!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #105
PrincessBetsy

Day 4 - Ending

After that ridiculously awesome breakfast, we hung out in the Grand Floridian for a while and eventually made our way over to Epcot. We were all pretty full, but none of us could compare to Andrew’s level. He could barely walk! We all thought this was incredibly funny and made sure to tell him that he should always listen to us.

Once inside Epcot we went on Spaceship Earth and explored World Showcase. We stopped at the American Garden Theater Stage to listen to the Sounds Like Summer Concert that was going on. By this point it was around 6:00 and I was definitely ready to eat dinner. After reading so many good reviews about Tangierine Cafe, I knew I wanted to head over to Morocco.

The rest of my family was still not too hungry and weren’t feeling adventurous at all. They decided to wait until they got back to the resort to have something light.

I got the Chicken Shawarma Platter - served with side of Hummus, Tabouleh and a Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan bread ($11.99):

Doesn’t this look awesome? I really enjoyed this dinner! It definitely lived up to my expectations after hearing so many good things about the platters here. They only thing I didn't eat here was the Hummus, as I'm not a huge fan of it. This is definitely a large serving of food, so I would recommend sharing it.

I give this a…

With tax, this came to a total of $12.77.

After I had finished eating, we continued our explorations around the second half of World Showcase and headed out. We went back to our room and dropped off our stuff. Everyone else was hungry, so we went over to the Riverside Mill Food Court, where my mom, dad, and brother got some cold cereal and milk. I didn’t want to miss a chance at having yet another delicious dessert , so I got a hot fudge sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I forgot my camera and phone in the room, yet again, so unfortunately I have no pictures of this food to share with you.

I really loved my sundae! There was lots of ice cream and hot fudge and a generous amount of whipped cream. Everybody else liked their cereal, but it wasn’t anything too great or memorable.

The total for this came to $15.61.

The cereal gets a…

While my sundae gets a…

Bet you didn’t think you would get three ratings in a single review!

Up next: Breakfast and our journey into the jungles of Animal Kingdom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: