Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #76
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Day 3

We got up pretty early again this morning (around 6) because we wanted to have breakfast and then make it to the Magic Kingdom for the opening ceremony.

We gathered up our belongings and headed to the Riverside Mill Food Court. Fingers crossed that this breakfast turns out better than the previous day!

I got a Cinnamon Roll:

This was really good! I love cinnamon rolls, and this was one of the best I have ever had. It was still warm, very flaky, and the glaze was excellent.

My dad and brother each got Oatmeal with Raspberries and Strawberries and an order of Multigrain Toast:

See, I told you my brother loves his oatmeal. As does my mom and dad… (I’m the only one in my family who doesn’t like oatmeal, so I stick to unhealthy, but delicious choices.)

My mom got Oatmeal with the Raspberries and Strawberries on the side and a Cherry Danish:

All three of them LOVED this oatmeal! They said it was very creamy – the best they have ever had. The fruit is also very good and extremely fresh. We tried to recreate the oatmeal at home, but so far have been unsuccessful. I guess we are just lacking the pixie dust they sprinkle into it.

My mom and dad (who decided to “sample” some) both thought the cherry danish was wonderful.

My dad also purchased a refillable mug. He has to have his coffee in the morning, even though Disney’s coffee isn’t the greatest.

I told him he should get the bright pink one... As you can see, he listens to me very well. We definitely got our money’s worth out of this though. Every morning my dad always got coffee and I used it to get hot chocolate a couple of nights.

All in all, this meal far surpassed the breakfast from the previous day. We all really enjoyed our meal and it definitely gave us energy to sustain us for the rest of the day (or until lunch…)

Because of this, our breakfast receives a…

Our total for this meal came to $37.29. Yikes! This is way more than we normally spend on a CS meal, but it was mostly because of the mug.

From here we set off in search of a bus to take us to the most magical place on earth, the Magic Kingdom!

Next Up: My encounter with a pirate!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #77
carri5317
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more.....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #78
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Wonder how Johnny would feel knowing he is = to a side of beef?

That breakfast looks AMAZING! The berries look so fresh. I hope CBR has this my husband would love the oatmeal w/ berries.

Last edited by Tinkerbellah; 08-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #79
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carri5317 View Post
Can't wait to hear more.....
Thanks for reading along! I have the next update coming right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellah View Post

That breakfast looks AMAZING! The berries look so fresh. I hope CBR has this my husband would love the oatmeal w/ berries.

Haha, excellent point!

Yes, that was one delicious breakfast! Hopefully CBR has oatmeal for your DH. If not, you could probably head over to POR for breakfast one morning. I'm sure he would love it!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #80
PrincessBetsy

Day 3 - Captain Jack Makes an Appearance!

***Warning, this post is going to go off topic and will contain no food pictures whatsoever… Since this review is focused around pirates, I figured I would tell all of you about my encounter with a certain pirate that happened to be recruiting a crew. ***

We got to the Magic Kingdom with plenty of time to spare before park opening. Perfect!

After the park was officially open, we entered inside to conquer Fantasyland, helped defeat the evil emperor Zurg (Andrew maxed his score…), and headed back to Main Street to chat with the Dapper Dans.

Since it was around 10, I dragged my family with me to Adventureland. Why did I do this you may ask? Well, Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial starts at 10:15 and I just can’t give up a chance to see Jack.

Here are some pictures I took. Enjoy!

Oops… Got a little too close!

Now, near the end of the show the dear Captain asks if there are any youngsters who would like to join his crew. I mean I was only 20 at the time (that’s only 4 times the age of everyone else he was picking…), so I raised my hand and rejoiced as he told me to come up on the stage.

Well, after we all became official crew members Jack told us all to return to our families and “if you can’t find your family, find a better one.” I stood back to let all the younger children go down the stairs first. As I was standing there Jack came over, stood right beside me, and PUT HIS ARM AROUND ME! I don’t really remember anything he was talking about because I kind of died inside…

Here is a picture of us standing together. Notice how small all the kids are beside me, haha!

Darn Mack was standing in the way…

As Jack was finishing up, he sadly let go and I somehow managed to stumble down the stairs and made it back to my mom. She said that I was still “starry-eyed” about an hour later, haha!

Well, at the very end of the show Captain Jack has to make his escape off towards the left hand side of the stage. So, I hurriedly walked over that way to try and record him running off. Apparently Jack saw me, stopped running away, and posed for a picture.

Well, let’s just say that whole encounter made my day (well, I guess it actually made my year).

Coming up: I get back to reviewing food!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #81
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:

I'm willing to bet everytime he shows up at a movie premier, he realizes he's "all of our side of beef " !!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #82
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I'm willing to bet everytime he shows up at a movie premier, he realizes he's "all of our side of beef " !!!
Haha! So good!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #83
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post

Ah ha ha!!!! I love it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Haha! So good!
I loved ur little story about meeting Jack!!!!
So funny when I saw Jack our last trip, I felt a little starstruck myself!And I'm 29!!! I think my husband started to get a little jealous. After all, that is some serious eye candy. Whatever... Cinderella asked my DH to dance, I was.... LOL!!!!!
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #84
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Is there such a thing as being to close to that. I am thinking NO. Love the pics.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #85
Meowalycat
Don't want to grow up, I'll always be a Disney kid

Joining in...

'92 Dixie Landings, '93 Caribbean Beach, '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '10 '11 Wilderness Lodge, '01 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Meowalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #86
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Ah ha ha!!!! I love it!!!!

I loved ur little story about meeting Jack!!!!
So funny when I saw Jack our last trip, I felt a little starstruck myself!And I'm 29!!! I think my husband started to get a little jealous. After all, that is some serious eye candy. Whatever... Cinderella asked my DH to dance, I was.... LOL!!!!!
Oh man, that's so funny! It's had to pass by Jack and not immediately fall in love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
Is there such a thing as being to close to that. I am thinking NO. Love the pics.
Definitely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowalycat View Post
Joining in...
Great, thanks for coming along!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #87
PrincessBetsy

Day 3 – Lunch Time

After quite an eventful morning, it was time for lunch. Since we were in the area, we decided to stop at Pecos Bill. Whenever my family goes here we normally end up with cold burgers and sad, undercooked fries. Despite this, we always go back because there is nothing like a Pecos Bill burger to start a vacation! I guess you could say it has become a sort of tradition.

One of the great things about Pecos Bill is the “Fixin's Bar.” There is the normal ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles, but there is also cheese sauce, and sautéed mushrooms and onions. Definitely the best topping bar on property!

My dad got the 1/3-Pound Cheeseburger with fries ($8.09):

The rest of us got the Kid’s Hamburger meal ($4.99):

We each got white milk as our drink. As for the sides, my brother and I got fries and a cookie, while my mom got applesauce and grapes.

Overall, this was a pretty decent lunch. Surprisingly, the burgers were actually warm and the fries were crispy! I do wish they would return to the white buns though, sigh. Also, just for future reference, the only difference between our kid’s hamburger and my dad’s cheeseburger is a slightly larger bun and, of course, cheese. They all had the same size patty.

Andrew finished before the rest of us, so while he was waiting he reverted back to his two-year old self and constructed this:

We are all just so proud of his accomplishments…

This lunch receives a…

The total for this lunch came to $24.78.

Coming up: Dinner in the land of Polynesia.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #88
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Great dining review! I love all the pirate ratings. I can't wait to read about the rest of your meals.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #89
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Great dining review! I love all the pirate ratings. I can't wait to read about the rest of your meals.
Thank you! I'll have the next review up sometime today!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #90
PrincessBetsy

Day 3 - Dinner

After lunch we went on a few more attractions, participated in the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party (I love this!), and watched the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. At this point my family split up – my brother and I stayed in the park, while my parents went back to the room to do some laundry. After a few hours we started to get hungry and with a storm quickly approaching, my brother and I contacted our parents to make plans for dinner. We all decided we were hankering to visit the Islands of Polynesia, so what better place to eat than Captain Cook’s over at the Polynesian Resort?

I got a Caesar Salad and a side of Polynesian Chips:

This was very good! I love Caesar salads and this one was excellent.

The Polynesian chips have definitely changed over the years and not for the better. When Captain Cook’s reopened after its renovation a few years ago the chips consisted of blue/red tortilla chips, sweet potato chips, and fried wontons. They were awesome! Over the years, they have gotten rid of this variety – the tortilla chips were the first to go, then the sweet potato chips. Now they have soggy fried potato chips and a few stale fried wontons. These sadly weren’t good at all.

Andrew got the Kid’s Grilled Cheese with Mickey Milk, Grapes, and Chocolate Pudding ($4.99):

Obviously, the person making this didn’t quite understand that the bread is supposed to be toasted, rather than just buttered . Despite this, Andrew still liked it. (I secretly think he only gets the kid’s meal here so he can get the chocolate pudding – it is Kozy Shack and real good!)

My Dad got the Chicken Sandwich with Steamed Vegetables ($9.09):

He didn’t really enjoy this, as it had too many seasonings and the sauce on the chicken made the bun all soggy. The veggies were bleh.

My Mom got a PB&J Uncrustable ($2.49) and brought some peaches with her:

Nothing really caught her eye here, so she stuck with the old standby. This was just okay – nothing great.

Captain Cook’s was definitely lacking this time around, as the only really good entrée was my Caesar salad. We would probably come here to try out breakfast, but wouldn’t make a special trip back here to eat.

Because of this, Captain Cook’s gets a…

This came to a total of $25.83.

Up Next: We need more food...Time for dessert!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: