Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #61
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Loving the reviews! Looking forward to more!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #62
RachaelRol
DIS Veteran

Great review! Looking forward to more!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2756582
RachaelRol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #63
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Can't agree more on CHH and the shrimp. YUM!!!!!! Sounds good about now. I made supper for everyone (meatloaf) and didn't eat any as I'm not a lover of it. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews for sure!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #64
elder
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Love the reviews and can't wait for more!
elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #65
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Looks like we r going to have to try that shrimp at CHH in November. It looks great and I want to try something new.

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #66
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Loving the reviews so far. Did you enjoy POR? We will be staying at there next month. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #67
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Enjoying your review and can't wait for more.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

anut4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #68
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

I recall enjoying the fish @ CHH. Maybe it was an off day. Or maybe I put way too much vinegar to notice the extra grease, lol!!! That shrimp & soup look very good!
The H2O is a good tip. What size will they give you? The Idea of sharing a meal & getting a kid's meal as a side would be a great way to save $. We'll be on the DDP so we'll try this!

Last edited by Tinkerbellah; 08-14-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #69
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

If you are in Epcot, we found getting water at the Sunshine Seasons food court was great. You could just help yourself to whatever size you wanted (water is right in the soft drink machine) and then tell the cashier you had water. Couldn't be easier!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Disneymaddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #70
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We love CHH too

DH had the shrimp last time we were there and loved it

Thanks for taking the time to post these great reviews
CHH is definitely a great place to eat! Thanks for reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
We ate at Columbia Harbour House last year for the first time and thought it was pretty good. Our fish was good not to greasy.
Yes, we have had the fish before and it wasn't greasy. I think it was probably just an off day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1Babe View Post
I'm plopping down and making myself good and comfy, I'm in for the long haul. Please note that that is significantly different from a keel haul. Bring on the eats!
Haha! I'm glad you are coming along for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesca View Post
Yo ho, here we goooooooooooooo!

I'm in. Love your sense of humor!

Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMamato4 View Post
We tried Columbia Harbor House in June on our first visit to WDW. Loved it! Loved eating upstairs looking out the windows and we loved the shrimp and the tuna sandwich.
Yes! I love eating upstairs in the middle section where you can see out into Fantasyland and Liberty Square. I hope you had a magical first trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Loving the reviews! Looking forward to more!
Thanks! I'll probably have the next one up tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelRol View Post
Great review! Looking forward to more!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
Can't agree more on CHH and the shrimp. YUM!!!!!! Sounds good about now. I made supper for everyone (meatloaf) and didn't eat any as I'm not a lover of it. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews for sure!!!!!!!!
Haha! I'm not a huge fan of meatloaf either. Wouldn't it be nice to just grab that meal right out of the picture? I would love to have those shrimp for dinner tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elder View Post
Joining in! Love the reviews and can't wait for more!
Wonderful and thanks! I'll have the next one up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Looks like we r going to have to try that shrimp at CHH in November. It looks great and I want to try something new.
Yes, you should definitely get the shrimp. It's so delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730 View Post
Loving the reviews so far. Did you enjoy POR? We will be staying at there next month. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews.
Thanks! Yes, I love POR! The theme is wonderful, the food court is great and has lots of variety, and it is only a relaxing boat ride away from DTD. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
Enjoying your review and can't wait for more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellah View Post
I recall enjoying the fish @ CHH. Maybe it was an off day. Or maybe I put way too much vinegar to notice the extra grease, lol!!! That shrimp & soup look very good!
The H2O is a good tip. What size will they give you? The Idea of sharing a meal & getting a kid's meal as a side would be a great way to save $. We'll be on the DDP so we'll try this!
Yeah, I'm thinking it was just an off day too. They normally give you a large water, which is great on hot days. Sharing a meal and getting a kids meal is definitely a great way to save money, while still getting a lot of delicious food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymaddness View Post
If you are in Epcot, we found getting water at the Sunshine Seasons food court was great. You could just help yourself to whatever size you wanted (water is right in the soft drink machine) and then tell the cashier you had water. Couldn't be easier!
Yes, I love that about Sunshine Seasons! It is so convenient.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #71
PrincessBetsy

Hey all! I've been away at a Pirate Invasion , but I'll be back to writing reviews soon. Thanks to everyone for reading along! (See, I told you all that I love pirates )
Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #72
PrincessBetsy

Day 2 - Ending

After hitting some of our favorite attractions, I received a text message with the news that our room is finally ready. Wonderful! We then proceeded to head out of the park and go check out our room, which was in the Magnolia Terrace building. This worked out really well for us because there is a bus stop right nearby and the main building is only a short walk away. After unloading the car and unpacking our suitcases, we decided it was time for dinner.

We headed over to the main building and went to the Riverside Mill Food Court. Out of all the resorts I have been too, this food court is definitely my favorite! There are so many different stations and lots of food options. I’m pretty sure I could have eaten here every night of our trip and gotten something different each time.

My whole family headed over to the carving station, where they serve up freshly sliced turkey and beef with vegetables and corn bread.

My brother and I each got one of these platters:

The Kid’s Sliced Turkey served with Mashed Potatoes, Veggies (zucchini, squash, and carrots), and Cornbread ($5.99)

I got chocolate milk with mine, while Andrew got white milk.

If only they sold Mickey Milk in stores…

My mom and dad each got one of these platters:

The Kid’s Sliced Beef served with Mashed Potatoes, Veggies (zucchini, squash, carrots, celery, onion), and Cornbread ($5.99)

My mom got white milk, while my dad got soda.

Here are the cute cups they are using this year, complete with turkey legs, pizza, popcorn, Mickey ice cream bars, ice cream cones, and apples (who wants to be healthy while on vacation?).

We all thought this was a superb meal! The meat was all cooked perfectly and incredibly tender. The mashed potatoes were very creamy and the vegetables were great and had a bit of spice in the background. My only complaint is that the cornbread was a little on the dry side. Even though we all got the portion size meant for kids, we all thought it was plenty of food. For those of you wanting a bit more food, the adult meal is $8.99 and comes with an extra slice of meat and a slightly larger serving of veggies and potatoes.

There is no doubt that this meal is worthy of…

This was a wonderful meal and definitely one of the best CS options at WDW.

This meal cost a total of $27.65.

***Tip – If you aren’t starving and want a smaller portion, feel free to order a kid’s meal. You don’t have to be 9 and under, it is just a serving size guide. It also is quite a good deal if paying OOP because it comes with two sides and a drink.

With our bellies full of deliciousness, we hoped on a boat to the Marketplace in Downtown Disney. This incredibly relaxing boat ride is yet another reason my family loves to stay at POR. My brother loves Legos, so he wanted to check out the newly refurbished store. There were quite a few really neat exhibits they added, including one of Maleficent (in dragon form) breathing fire at Prince Phillip, one of Buzz Lightyear and Woody, and one of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. He decided to purchase the build-your-own minifigures (I think they were 3 for $10).

Here is what we ended up making:

Andrew made the first one, I made the second one, and we collaborated to make the third one.

And here is what happens when Andrew’s minifigure decides to be mean to mine:

Arrrrrrgh! Ha!

Once back at our room, we ate the rest of the cookie bars I had made and went to sleep.

Up Next: We have an early breakfast and head back to the Magic Kingdom.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #73
debjk4
Mouseketeer

I'm having so much fun reading your dining review! Can't wait for more!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #74
Robin K
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read more! It sounds like you have a wonderful personality and sense of humor! A girl I work with saw your Johnny pictures and said "you have to read this review around me just so I can check out the pics!"
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #75
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post
I'm having so much fun reading your dining review! Can't wait for more!
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I have the next one coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
I can't wait to read more! It sounds like you have a wonderful personality and sense of humor! A girl I work with saw your Johnny pictures and said "you have to read this review around me just so I can check out the pics!"
Thanks very much! Haha, Captain Jack may be making an appearance soon...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: