Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRob View Post
VERY talented work, Ex Techie! Well done!
Thanks, Millipie supplied the scroll work and the Magic logo, I just tweaked some bit's and added the Sorcerer Mickey from the picture at the top of the thread. Bored on a Sunday!

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Sorry, I always assumed that if people didn't want to share their pictures with others that there was a way to make it so no one could take them. I didn't realize that's not the case. I wonder how hard it would be to track someone down to ask them for permission though. I don't use flickr. Is it possible to ask someone on that site if you can use their images?
Yes, I get requests for permission to use my photos via flickr. If you want to use someone's picture, you need to ask them. They're don't have to make it impossible for you to do it. Just because it's easy to pick up a book in a store, put it in your bag and walk out with it, doesn't mean you haven't stolen it, just because the store didn't have it chained to the shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
If your photos on flicker are password protected like you mentioned "copy right protected" then the photo cannot be used since knowone could copy and post it somewhere else nor copy and save to their own files. If it's NOT password protected, and no way to contact whoever posted it to the particular site, then anyone can have access to it. I do my best to contact the owners of general photos or graphics, but sometimes that is impossible.
Whether or not it's password-protected has no bearing on whether or not you can use the photo. If you want to use it, you need to ask permission. If you can't ask permission, assume the answer is no and find another photo. Not being able to find a cashier in a store doesn't mean you can just walk out with what you wanted to buy.
mytripsandraces is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRob View Post
VERY talented work, Ex Techie! Well done!
As long as we're asking, does anyone have the same image from the Wonder?

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Yes, I get requests for permission to use my photos via flickr. If you want to use someone's picture, you need to ask them. They're don't have to make it impossible for you to do it. Just because it's easy to pick up a book in a store, put it in your bag and walk out with it, doesn't mean you haven't stolen it, just because the store didn't have it chained to the shelf.

Whether or not it's password-protected has no bearing on whether or not you can use the photo. If you want to use it, you need to ask permission. If you can't ask permission, assume the answer is no and find another photo. Not being able to find a cashier in a store doesn't mean you can just walk out with what you wanted to buy.
The obvious thing to do if you do not want anyone to use your photo is to put a mark on it with contact details to ask for permission and get a clean copy!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel View Post
I will see what I can do!

Ex Techie
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #20
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
The obvious thing to do if you do not want anyone to use your photo is to put a mark on it with contact details to ask for permission and get a clean copy!

[IMG][/IMG]

I will see what I can do!

Ex Techie
It's a good idea, but not necessary under copyright law. Copyright notices are no longer required to gain copyright protection.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a good idea, but not necessary under copyright law. Copyright notices are no longer required to gain copyright protection.
I'm not saying they are, but it stop's someone using the "clean" photo or image without your permission unless you send them a clean copy

Ex Techie
Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Quote:

I think I was misunderstood the way I meant my statement. Without a password protected image, that gives anyone the ability to access it, NOT that they SHOULD. The cashier metaphor above has nothing to do with the issue. Yes I agree one should always try to get permission first.
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #23
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
I think I was misunderstood the way I meant my statement. Without a password protected image, that gives anyone the ability to access it, NOT that they SHOULD. The cashier metaphor above has nothing to do with the issue. Yes I agree one should always try to get permission first.
I did misunderstand. I thought you were saying that if you can't find the owner to get permission, that you can just go ahead and use it - hence, the metaphor. Of course, if you can't find the owner, you don't have permission, and, therefore you shouldn't use it.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel View Post
Here's the best I can do with a really low res Wonder insert. Hope it's ok!

Ex Techie

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by extechie rbd/wdt; 08-07-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Missed link
Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #25
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Thank you for the Wonder one - I love it!

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession

Last edited by princesskayla; 08-08-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #26
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

And some for the Dream if anyone want's it.

Ex Techie

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
TookTheRedOne
DCL Newbie

Does anyone have a high-resolution version of the Magic bow art? I want to blow it up for a banner but it comes out pretty fuzzy at that size.

White background is preferred but I won't be choosy.

Thanks!!

Last edited by TookTheRedOne; 12-04-2012 at 11:52 PM.
TookTheRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #28
gogo12
Earning My Ears

I really love these!

gogo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: