Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

past 24 weeks at cruise date?

We currently have a cruise booked 12/12 and I just found out that I'm pregnant. yay! I realize I will be past 24 weeks when our cruise comes along and that means we can't cruise then.

The cruise is an obb booked in april 2013 and if I recall there is something about using it by a certain point. has this happened to anyone else? anyone know what the policy is? are we just out the deposit or do you think we can apply it to a future cruise? we're booked concierge so if we cancel we're out the deposit.

I will call them tomorrow but was curious if anyone on here had experienced the same? thanks!

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
We currently have a cruise booked 12/12 and I just found out that I'm pregnant. yay! I realize I will be past 24 weeks when our cruise comes along and that means we can't cruise then.

The cruise is an obb booked in april 2013 and if I recall there is something about using it by a certain point. has this happened to anyone else? anyone know what the policy is? are we just out the deposit or do you think we can apply it to a future cruise? we're booked concierge so if we cancel we're out the deposit.

I will call them tomorrow but was curious if anyone on here had experienced the same? thanks!
You must complete the cruise (that you booked onboard) by 18 months from the day of booking (Apr 2013). You can move your current cruise to any date, but if it ends more than 18 months from the booking date, you will lose the OBC at least (that's all I know about). Sorry, can't confirm or deny whether you'll lose the deposit if you're Concierge.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

oh okay! thats not so bad! the onboard credit loss isn't thrilling but better then not being able to rebook and just losing that deposit. thank you!

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post

Congrats!

If you booked prior to November 12, 2013, which you did, you have until November 30, 2015 to complete travel on your onboard booking and keep your onboard booking benefits. In addition, because you are "grandfathered" in, the 2014/2015 blackout dates do not apply to you.
luvdisney24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney24 View Post
Congrats!

If you booked prior to November 12, 2013, which you did, you have until November 30, 2015 to complete travel on your onboard booking and keep your onboard booking benefits. In addition, because you are "grandfathered" in, the 2014/2015 blackout dates do not apply to you.
thanks! this is all much better then I was thinking!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Congrats!

If you already had a cruise booked that was later included on the blackout list, that cruise reservation for that date is grandfathered not to be excluded with regard to OBB benefits. However, if you transfer that reservation to a different cruise date that is on the list, you will not be able to keep full OBB benefits.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Congrats!

Only partially correct...blackout dates DO apply to everyone, even those who had an OBB prior to the new rules. But yes, since OP booked her OBB prior to the rule change in November 2013 then she has until November 2015 to use the OBB without losing the benefits.

OP, you can change the date and keep the deposit. Since concierge OBB doesn't get a 10% discount, you only have the OBC. If you push the cruise date out beyond Nov. 2015, you will lost the OBC, but as long as you CHANGE the date (don't say "cancel" in discussion with DCL) you will just push that deposit with the new date.

Congrats! and enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If you already had a cruise booked that was later included on the blackout list, that cruise reservation for that date is grandfathered not to be excluded with regard to OBB benefits. However, if you transfer that reservation to a different cruise date that is on the list, you will not be able to keep full OBB benefits.
I'm sorry but that is not correct. If you have an onboard booking booked prior to November 12, 2013 and move it to a cruise that is now on the blackout list, the blackout does not apply to you. The blackout list only applies to any onboard bookings booked on or after November 12, 2013. Any cruises booked prior to November 12, 2013 are grandfathered in completely.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Only partially correct...blackout dates DO apply to everyone, even those who had an OBB prior to the new rules. But yes, since OP booked her OBB prior to the rule change in November 2013 then she has until November 2015 to use the OBB without losing the benefits.

OP, you can change the date and keep the deposit. Since concierge OBB doesn't get a 10% discount, you only have the OBC. If you push the cruise date out beyond Nov. 2015, you will lost the OBC, but as long as you CHANGE the date (don't say "cancel" in discussion with DCL) you will just push that deposit with the new date.

Congrats! and enjoy your cruise!
I have moved an onboard booking, booked prior to November 12, 2013 to a blackout date. The onboard booking benefits stayed the same including the 10% discount.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #10
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I have moved an onboard booking, booked prior to November 12, 2013 to a blackout date. The onboard booking benefits stayed the same including the 10% discount.
Interesting! I don't know if you got lucky, or others (including me) have received wrong info. It's even on the DisneyCruiseLineBlog:

Effective December 13, 2013, Disney Cruise Line’s onboard rebooking policy was modified to include block out dates. The new block out dates are not necessarily exclusive to holidays. The policy now states, for these sailings only, you will not receive the 10% discount, but will still receive onboard credit. Rest assured, if you have a cruise booked during one of the holiday dates and you keep this sailing, you will be unaffected by this latest change. If you decide to move your existing onboard booking to a blocked out date, you keep the onboard credit, but will lose the discount.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...ock-out-dates/

The impact of blackout dates was announced separately from the announcement about the 18-month rule.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
jarofpickles
Earning My Ears

Congrats on your pregnancy!

If it were me, I would move the cruise up to 20 weeks and baby moon!

PAST: WDW March '93 First Trip WDW Jan '03 Daddy Home from Iraq WDW March '10 College Senior Trip WDW Aug '10 Honeymoon {The Swan} DL Dec '10 May '11 Girls Weekend {Pop}
UPCOMING:
2015 Cruise for 5th anniversary
jarofpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Interesting! I don't know if you got lucky, or others (including me) have received wrong info. It's even on the DisneyCruiseLineBlog:

Effective December 13, 2013, Disney Cruise Line’s onboard rebooking policy was modified to include block out dates. The new block out dates are not necessarily exclusive to holidays. The policy now states, for these sailings only, you will not receive the 10% discount, but will still receive onboard credit. Rest assured, if you have a cruise booked during one of the holiday dates and you keep this sailing, you will be unaffected by this latest change. If you decide to move your existing onboard booking to a blocked out date, you keep the onboard credit, but will lose the discount.

The impact of blackout dates was announced separately from the announcement about the 18-month rule.

Enjoy your cruise!
The info on the blog is correct for anyone that booked onboard on or after November 12, 2013. It is not correct for those who book onboard prior to that.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
disneyluvnmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Enjoy your cruise!
I too moved a June 2013 OBB to the Thanksgiving 2015 Cruise out of Galvelston. I recieved 10% discount & only paid 10% deposit.

June 3-10 2007 Star Island (1st Family Vacation)
June 6-13 2009 Westgate Town Center

May 22-29 2011 Our "Dream" B2B Cruise
June 25-30 2012 Our First Disneyland Trip
June 1-8 2013 Our Fantasy Cruise
November 20-27 2015 Our "Wonder"ful Thanksgiving Cruise
disneyluvnmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: